PDA

View Full Version : weekly arcade quest, new fail...

Gastgrinder
11-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Did you ****heads from dev team ever played yourself what you bring out?
I tried solo the arcade quest, in the last round 3 lvl3 shaman bots respawn every 5 seconds if you kill them. Execute or not makes no difference.
how can you kill them all three at the same time?

villianO__O
11-01-2018, 06:34 PM
there ***kud this DLC is killing of the player base faster then No man sky unbalanced as *** they screwed the armor up if i want stam re gen or reduction to cost how o ya i dont to took it all away this hole DLC is garbage

Snitteren
11-01-2018, 06:45 PM
It's the worst pve I've ever played. Whoever came up with that weekly quest if a frakking sadist!

bannex19
11-01-2018, 08:13 PM
This is the laziest most worthless experience I've ever had in this game. Stick to making power points, freaking losers.

Herbstlicht
11-01-2018, 08:50 PM
Agreed on that. Like really? You got any idea how hard multiple lvl 3 bots are on console? Especially when playing solo? Add those modifiers and it really just feels sadist, like some bad joke. But a really bad one. Big dislike on this.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-01-2018, 08:56 PM
I did it with Nobushi and it wasn't exactly difficult. Turtle, whittle them as close to death as possible, zone. That's what I did for every part of the quest except the first because it was a 1v1

Roseguard_Cpt
11-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Side note: I did it on PS4. I felt stage 3 with the knockdown Kensei was the hardest

Huldrych-ZX
11-01-2018, 09:57 PM
In all honesty, I wouldn't have any complains IF ONLY the rewards were guaranteed. But going through the hell that is to ledge the shamans and the kensei on stage 3, and timing up the kills on stage 4 for a CHANCE of getting A SINGLE EFFECT...

Yeah... whoever though of this should go see a therapist.

I've managed to do it a couple of times with Tiandi. You know... the one with the crazy long invulnerability frames on his heavy dodge and good zone attack. I'm guessing that it will be downright impossible to get this done with certain heroes.

Mysza-Haru
11-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Arena 3 is stupid unfeir for 1 player. I dont get it why playing solo i have same preset as coop. -.- I cant done it with nobushi who have only sup perks and get killed after 2 hits, after 1 mistake.

Herbstlicht
11-01-2018, 10:23 PM
I tried with monk in PS4. Without ledging. Could not beat the third encounter. I am a diamond player in ranked, so I should not be too shabby. But with assassin class defence against those opponents feels just like too much. Besides, the damage you take on a single mistake is extreme. Guess it can be beaten in a team of 2. But alone, this is crazy. Oh and all the guys I play for Honor those days with do not yet have the gear level for it. So to start this high and excluding pretty much all newcomers seems like a bad move to me.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-01-2018, 11:17 PM
Solo Nobu wasn't too bad. But it's up to RNG. Sometimes the bots will let me kick-heavy spam them against the wall, sometimes they dodge everything.
My advice is to actually just wait at spawn in Stage 3 as the Shamans will rush you, but the Kensei will wait a couple minutes.
I'm an unranked player because I can't be bothered with ranked, since we're stating ranks

Herbstlicht
11-02-2018, 06:20 AM
Well, I actually think I could make it with kensei or Highlander, classes I feel rather experienced abusing against bots. Guess jiun Jun would work too. But I have yet to find a way to use monk efficiently against bots that seem to always Parry or deflect your 400 Ms light. You can only Parry and punish or react to wiff. But due to temporary guard and a hell of flickering with 2 shamans feinting, the likelihood of getting hit is really high. Personally I think it's awesome you did it with nobushi on PS4. But that does not change the fact for me, that it feels too hard and artificially unfair against solo players.

Dragonczarx2013
11-02-2018, 07:58 AM
it wouldn't be so bad, but when i try as nobushi i turtle up and got a chance for a single light, they parry it get hit by kensi fall over and the 2 shamans beat the jeezus out of me, even when its just the 2 shamans flickering all over on hit and that stumble back thing as the other touches you in bad places, it dosnt feel fair just feels aggravating and unfair that bots have a 100% dodge/parry with so many at the same time. i agree should have some challenge but like diamond players should beat this easily, while bronze should struggle a bit, definitely feel the bots need to take some adhd meds and drink a few less coffees before the match

Roseguard_Cpt
11-02-2018, 02:56 PM
In the Arcade mode Gear Score actually matters. I did it with Nobu and then tried it with Warden. My Warden was 161 (recommended is 162) and I simply could not deal enough damage to the Shaman in phase 2 even with the attack buff to kill it.
For phase 3 running for a ledge and throwing the enemies off is an option but I'd say that's best for a co-op run. If you wait at the spawn of stage 3 the Shaman's will run at you and the Kensei will aggro once they hit bout 1/3rd hp, or maybe it is a time thing but thats just usually when I get jumped.
Phase 4 is three shaman's that all cheat death and 2 of them are bleeding to death. I recommended on focusing the non-bleeder and whittling it down while the others bleed. In my co-op run I did find something fascinating about the AI;
1. They're a Hivemind and can perfectly 100-to-0 you with hit stagger.
2. If you can seperate a bot from the others it becomes fairly helpless.
In my co-op run I was Nobu and my friend was Conq, in phase 3 if we got the Shamans seperated enough we could basically get free GBs, but when they got too close to each other they became counters to everything.
We tried this sort of tactic in phase 4 as well, We waited at the spawn and the 2 bleeding Shamans would rush, I'd cheese around the agro by having my friend to my right as the Shamans come so the right agros him, and then roll so the left would agro him as well. Then I went and would 1v1 the non-bleeding Shaman and it too let me get a lot of free GBs and would always dodge at a feinted heavy.
TL;DR AI is a Hivemind and thats spoopy, and it's much easier with a friend

chukblok
11-02-2018, 03:21 PM
So going by my post history ive never really complained....and love tne game. I mean im not very good against other people. i thought arcade mode would be ok for me...but i feel so disheartened. Like i have no desire to play. Ill have to stare at the effect i guess.

SixAxe505
11-03-2018, 12:15 AM
I have literally blew my steam on a earlier post, to find there are others just like it. The developers need to emergency fix arcade. We payed 30 bucks for it after all.

chukblok
11-03-2018, 12:41 AM
solo it is next to impossible. phase 3 is literally not possible with Raider. What on earth.....