PDA

View Full Version : Parry

Faithea
11-01-2018, 08:23 AM
Just want to ask....

Since marching fire is parry much harder for me. It is bug or they changed timers for this?

Before i parried almost 80% now it's 30% max.

IzaLoozer
11-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Seems like the timing is WAY off to me. Then again...I can't even seem to just block anymore, non the less parry.

SixAxe505
11-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Latency has been framed as the culprit. This could be true, but that doesnt make it any less annoying and game changing. You win or lose based on your blocks and parries, especially as an assasin. The fact that alot of people have been complaining about it recently must mean that this is something on ubi's end most likely. Maybe the graphics update, maybe the new characters...something is off.

SicKno86
11-01-2018, 11:23 AM
Same for me. Not only can i barely even block anymore, but i can tell im obviously lagging when i use PK, Shinobi or Shaolin.

I can't pull off PK's three stabs after a grab. But i can do it just fine in the training arena. Same with shaolin and shinobi. Against bots in training i can do Shinobi's three slashes after i pull them in, but not ingame. Shaolin's three lighs from one side barely works in multiplayer. It comes out like 40% of the time eventhough my timing is 100% the same as in training mode.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Has anyone tried parrying in the practice mode to see if it's a bug or actually lag?

SangLong524
11-01-2018, 01:22 PM
I dont encounter this. Are you sure you not having a bad day? Some days i parry like a god, another i couldnt save myself from a mindless swinging of a newbie.
However, i have experienced many incidents of delayed hits. Dont know what to make of it. Probably lag.

lichtqu4nt
11-01-2018, 01:32 PM
... since the Marching Fire Update I sometimes have blocked in the correct direction, but the block did not connect, so I got hit - more than once.

But the most serious and annyoing issue is the fact I can't - for the hell of it - counter-guardbreak anymore. The only times I get a counter-GB done is using it on prediction - but pressing GB IMMEDIATELY after getting GB'd myself does not do **** anymore. Looks like a network-problem - but my latency is constantly around 20 and even below - it at least shows so ingame.

Klingentaenz3r
11-01-2018, 01:46 PM
the answer to your concerns might be that some animations of the wulins are fu cked up and hitting target before the animation actually connects due to changings in attacking speeds without updating the whole thing. Indicator, animation and actual hit timing are off. On JJ this is most noticeable.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-01-2018, 01:51 PM
the answer to your concerns might be that some animations of the wulins are fu cked up and hitting target before the animation actually connects due to changings in attacking speeds without updating the whole thing. Indicator, animation and actual hit timing are off. On JJ this is most noticeable.

It's not just the wulin there is another topic on this forum discussing block hit through...i imagine both are the same issue.

Daubenyfanclub
11-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Personally, I can parry fine, but it seems they tightened the parry window. Go into training and just practice parries. It's how I re-acclimated. I'm no expert, but imo it just feels like they made the window smaller

Faithea
11-01-2018, 07:37 PM
I haven't problem before with almost anyone. In training mode it's all good. (Almost! Because noting is perfect.)

It's like they changed something but i don't know what. Or hit registration is bugged?

As new player and PK main i can lose match only because it and it's...well just annoying.

And no i do not talk about new heroes. More like old ones as Orochi ,Shugoki or Valkyrie or even Raider.

I just want to know 100% sure that they changed it or it's bug or l2p issue...

But something is different....i know it.

Knight_Raime
11-01-2018, 07:48 PM
parrying JJ specifically might feel off because some of his attack hurt you before they actually connect. but besides him everything else seems normal in my experiences.

Xil_h
11-01-2018, 08:01 PM
There is definitely a problem with blocking and thus parry

Armosias
11-01-2018, 08:10 PM
I've been noticing issues with blocking before marching fire launched, some attacks seems to play the blocking sound and animations on my foe but a frame later it goes through and deals damages. Seems like client/server lags to me.
I repeat that I have been witnessing this before marching fire

Ubiflowessence
11-01-2018, 09:54 PM
Thank you for your feedback! I have been seeing players pointing out the problems with blocking/parry more recently and will send this feedback to the team.