PDA

View Full Version : Console For Honor is dead in terms of skill

Waifu.Lekret
11-01-2018, 03:49 AM
The console 30 FPS For Honor already had spam problem, even for mid-high tier players. There were Orochi, Berserker, Shaman, Valkyria, Kensei and others, despite the fact that the game was actually broken, I put up with them, at least such characters was little bit skill required and countrable. Now, after Marching Fire, the game on consoles completely broken. Does this game have PS4/X1 testers? Or testers are gods, who can constantly block 400ms lights? If so, good, keep making game for the testers and olympians.

The_B0G_
11-01-2018, 02:00 PM
Apparently the 400 ms lights are supposed to be unreactable, the problem with that is, not everyone gets 400 ms lights, so right off the bat this is a bad idea, if slower characters got more hyper armor it might be okay but the character with the most HA in the game is an assassin with 400 ms uninterruptable light attacks lol

I find on console even 500 ms lights can be hard to consistently block, fighting Orochi is a never ending game of rock, paper, scissors for me. It's not fun.

Daubenyfanclub
11-01-2018, 02:13 PM
It's not the FPS. It's the input lag. I don't have links as of right now, but the input lag was charted for both console and PC, and it found that PC can have as little as 15 ms of input lag (which is why you can react to light spam) but on console you have an input lag of roughly 150-170 ms. Unfortunately, without slowing down every attack in FH, there is no way to fix this outside of buying a wired controller, setting your TV to gaming mode (or getting a PC monitor with a high refresh rate), and praying.

every character with attacks under 500 ms have huge advantages. (on PC it's easier to dodge the LB shove and you can even dodge the light if the shove connects, whereas on console the shove can be dodged but only with great difficulty, and the light is guaranteed.)

This also plays into deflects a lot, since side deflects are bugged to hell already and you don't get a lot of time to pull it off (comparatively speaking).

This isn't intentional. Currently, with Ubisoft's other games raking in more cash, more publicity, etc, than For Honor, and with the constraints of the Dev team, console-exclusive balance isn't feasible.

I hate to say it. I don't wanna be that guy, but we just have to suck it up, for now at least.

The_B0G_
11-01-2018, 02:20 PM
It's not the FPS. It's the input lag. I don't have links as of right now, but the input lag was charted for both console and PC, and it found that PC can have as little as 15 ms of input lag (which is why you can react to light spam) but on console you have an input lag of roughly 150-170 ms. Unfortunately, without slowing down every attack in FH, there is no way to fix this outside of buying a wired controller, setting your TV to gaming mode (or getting a PC monitor with a high refresh rate), and praying.

every character with attacks under 500 ms have huge advantages. (on PC it's easier to dodge the LB shove and you can even dodge the light if the shove connects, whereas on console the shove can be dodged but only with great difficulty, and the light is guaranteed.)

This also plays into deflects a lot, since side deflects are bugged to hell already and you don't get a lot of time to pull it off (comparatively speaking).

This isn't intentional. Currently, with Ubisoft's other games raking in more cash, more publicity, etc, than For Honor, and with the constraints of the Dev team, console-exclusive balance isn't feasible.

I hate to say it. I don't wanna be that guy, but we just have to suck it up, for now at least.

I agree, this is the new meta and it isn't going anywhere, I think they are going to lose a lot of console players by going this route, I know I have only played a few hours since MF released. That's partly to do with the new spammy play style, partly to do with Red dead redemption 2 being the best game I've ever played.

Waifu.Lekret
11-01-2018, 03:14 PM
It's not the FPS.
I think it is, because I have the same monitor for both platforms, the same wired controller (wired connection mode) and the same LAN cabel with same ping in the game, the difference in only in FPS. But on PC I have no problems with spam, even with 400ms, on PS4 I have problems even 500ms. Maybe that is a problem of console, but I don't know how is this possible that X1 and PS4 have the same input lag problems.