PDA

View Full Version : Railroads

Roman_Kurazhev
10-31-2018, 08:56 PM
As there will be rails in the game, only 90 degrees turns for them will look VERY unimmersive and strange, so why not to add not the curved roads, as it may be difficult to adapt the grid for it, but separated 'buildings' for the railroad turns and intersection, which will be, for example 3x3 or 2x2 or more complex forms. This will help to make rails more realistic without remaking whole road/grid system.

Jahossi53
11-02-2018, 12:18 PM
Yes thats a great idea. Using preset turns wouldnt mess with annos gridsystem and at the same time make the railroads look more realistic. Same thing could be done with roads. One thing that have always bothered me in anno is when you make long roads going to some distant mine or whatever those 90 degree turns makes the roads look very unrealistic and ugly. Such a simple solution that would make alot of improvements visually.

Big +1 from me!

UbiSnout
11-07-2018, 02:43 AM
Hello everyone!

I take note that you would like to break the feeling of operating on a grid and get a better immersion from a more organic transportation system. I will reach out to the devs for this feeling. If you have screenshots or images that you would like to use to illustrate the topic, that would be great. :)