PDA

View Full Version : Current hero state

bramboforce
10-31-2018, 04:18 PM
As of right now the heroes are FAIRLY balanced. The new heroes are quite ok to play against on PC. However I understand that on consoles they may be quite a bit of trouble to play against.
All of the new heroes, even the heavy, have lightning fast light attacks. It's probably most annoying on Nuxia and on Tiandi
. Nuxia simply doesn't have that much good abilities that are easy to use for people, so they usually resort to spamming lights and occasionaly throwing in traps to either land them or miss them and continue light psamming afterwards since the trap is unpunishable. The Tiandis most of the time spam the dodge attacks and finish off with a light attack into dragon palm strike or guard break. Both can simply be dealt with by slightly slowing their attacks down and making nuxias trap if now punishable again at least with so time between the trap whif and the continued chain.

The Shaolin and Jiang Jun(from now on called ''JJ'') are as of now quite balanced. Tho for JJ the slowed light would be nice since they do a lot of damage and are hella fast.
Suprisingly enough the Sifu's poise isn't as OP as people thought (at least in duels) since when out of stamina your opponent is gonna apply a lot of pressure on you, and when
you want to go into sifu's poise they usually expect it and guard break you.
SHAOLIN
Shaolin can be quite annoying especially in 4v4 scenarios but if focused on enough won't be too much of a problem. Chi stance is dangerous tool in right hands but when they stay too long in it they will get slapped out of it. Tho if experienced shaolin is staying in chi stance for too long, he probably wants to bait out an attack for him to light counter. Also common mistake people do against shaolin is they dodge immediatly after seeing chi stance, but I would advise against it even tho they commonly follow up chi stance with sun kick. Even more of them follows it up with side heavy which is undodgeable and therefore will catch you if you prematurely dodge.

Currently the old heroes are mostly balanced with a few exceptions-Shugoki,Warlord,Peacekeeper and Orochi.
SHUGOKI
Shugoki will be getting a rework soon for sure and that's good since he is probably the weakest hero in the game atm. His attacks are all slow in general, his out of stamina punish is nice but can also be punished with a guard break and that ain't good since it can drain your stamina easily and therefore letting the enemy have a free heavy or more. His pressure is rather weak now since most people can simply back away from you as you charge your unblockable heavy or even parry it, So nowdays it only catches the less experienced opponents or if you have amazing placing and your enemy is backed away in a corner. As for his Demon's embrace it is a strong move for sure but it has way too many drawbacks for it's benefits. The four benefits are that it does amazing dmg, heals you and can catch your enemy mid attack or unprepared and when on critical health one shots. The drawbacks are that it's probably the slowest attack in the game therefore easily dodgeable, drains your health upon missing, leaves you open for enemy attacks(several if hyper armor is active), drains a lot of stamina and doesn't restore it upon hitting it, will be mostly used as wall punish but sadly for some reason half the time the Shugoki will do guard break walking backwards instead of the embrace and Shugoki's throw distance kinda sucks in general so you might miss the wall and whif the emrace completely. Hyper armor is amazing but can be removed by guard break and if it's not on shugoki will take extra damage from attacks, and besides it Shugoki has no hyper armor on his attacks.

WARLORD
Warlord unlike Shugoki has an effective and quick opener but the follow up light has low damage so people usually only ever dodge when out of stamina and they get annoyed of it. As for his other pros and cons I simply don't as or against often enough to list them here. If you feel like it you can post them in comments.

OROCHI AND PEACEKEEPER
They both were reworked recently and both of thoose reworks weren't good at all. But they have very similar problems:Lack of effective opener(Unblockable) and straight up light and zone spamming. Both of this can be easily solved by givving the unblockable heavy finishers (Slowed down tho) and slowing their light attacks and zones only a little bit so they become less spamable. Also for orochi it would be helpful to maybe give his storm rush unblockable properties but slowing it down greatly.

Goat_of_Vermund
10-31-2018, 04:34 PM
Pk heavy finishers already take a year to land, and they deal 25 damage. Your suggestion would make it even worse.

Archaelion
10-31-2018, 04:41 PM
#buffshugoki #makeshugokifatagain

bramboforce
10-31-2018, 04:41 PM
Ye sorry I dont get heavied often by pk. In that case just make it unblockable and do 30 dmg

bramboforce
10-31-2018, 04:42 PM
Shugoki main ftw

MrBeave
10-31-2018, 04:42 PM
Warlord's main problem, I think, is he does not have a big enough kit. He is a good hero that feels unfinished, like they cut out half his moves before release. I try to use him as my heavy 'main' but I usually get kind of bored after a few rounds because other heroes just have so many more options (and he is defensively oriented, while I tend to end up playing aggressively).

bramboforce
10-31-2018, 05:30 PM
Fair enough, I do feel heavy heroes' kit is unfinished in general, not conq after rework

FlyinBeef
10-31-2018, 06:35 PM
It is ridiculous to watch how you whine about weak heroes, on PC they are at least playable. On the console, if you did not take character with spam, then this is an automatic defeat against any of Wu Lin (and not only them), even against really stupid opponent, who have no skill and just took OP (console OP) character. All characters except Wu Lin, Kensei, Musha, Warden, Berserk, Conq and Orochi are dead 1vs1.

bramboforce
10-31-2018, 09:05 PM
Talk about whining

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-31-2018, 09:59 PM
I played the new heros last night in practice with level 3 bots. I faught them all against shugoki (the character I play the most) and against eachother. I did good with shugoki but that's because the bots were stupid around the walls. I thought Nuxia was the most intuitive to play for me. I thought I'd like JJ but doing zones on a controler is inconsistent. He is a monster though. The toughest bot for me to consistently beat.

I can see that the wulin are steering away from the gb mechanic and blocking. It's a steer towards deflects and a counter attack dance.
All my opinion

Ubiflowessence
10-31-2018, 10:07 PM
Thank you all for sharing your feedback! I will pass this along to the fight team.