PDA

View Full Version : Iím done. Balancing and Stress

universe335867
10-31-2018, 11:49 AM
I feel as if I play this game out of pure habit instead of enjoyment. Itís incredibly stressful to play my top main rep 60 warlord. Iím getting hit by 20-40 damage attacks in less than a second with my character while my attacks are hitting for a measly 13 or a 30 if Iím lucky and get a wall stun. Makes me wonder why does my character get punished much harder for mistakes (recovery and stamina) and not other characters? I may not have it as bad as shugoki right now but Iíve noticed that warlords are also basically extinct. Iím just done now and havenít taken this game seriously in months. Guess I gotta ďgit gudĒ or Iím just gonna load off my stress and put the game down.

Tyrjo
10-31-2018, 11:59 AM
I feel you man. Warlords damage output is really low and his kit isn't that wide. Reverting to Crashing Charge spam just feels cheesy.

Since you have quite a few reps on him, can you please read my thread on how to fix him. Would love to hear your ideas.

How to fix Warlord
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1889205-How-to-fix-Warlord

DefiledDragon
10-31-2018, 12:39 PM
I've never thought of it before now but I don't think I've ever seen a Warlord outside of playing games against bots.

Roseguard_Cpt
10-31-2018, 02:40 PM
I can't say I've seen a Nobushi other than myself or a bot since the start of the season ( or maybe even midway through last season), and now with JJ in the hands of the general populace I think Nobu will be an even rarer pick.
I remember back in S1 when everyone was a Warlord, Raider, or LB (not actually everyone, I know) because no one quite understood how to block or especially CGB. The Ledge Lords ruled the game, Nobushi was labeled overpowered and a scummy pick, so was WL, Raider, LB, even Valk. They all feel kind of irrelevant now though compared to the rest of the roster.

HerrNein
10-31-2018, 11:09 PM
I feel you man. Warlords damage output is really low and his kit isn't that wide. Reverting to Crashing Charge spam just feels cheesy.

Since you have quite a few reps on him, can you please read my thread on how to fix him. Would love to hear your ideas.

How to fix Warlord
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1889205-How-to-fix-Warlord

You see, I don't understand why people are so butthurt about Warlords current place in the state of the game.

You see, Warlord is like the mid-rate Sports team. They can be decent at times, but they will always be the little brother to big daddy Conqueror who brings home all the bacon and gets all the babes.

Just gotta face it, same classes need to be on the lower end to ensure the balance of nature is maintained.

Blitzwarrior771
10-31-2018, 11:20 PM
You canít blame light attacks if you didnít think before . We should say hey something is odd with blocking and defense . How come these guys can stand there and keep switching stance all day and be so good . Guardbreak should be fixed long time ago . You need these light attacks or people will turtle forever . Problem on top of a problem will stay a problem . Even before marching fire is out I say why ? Fix It first but it went out .

LordTankly
11-01-2018, 01:07 AM
You see, I don't understand why people are so butthurt about Warlords current place in the state of the game.

You see, Warlord is like the mid-rate Sports team. They can be decent at times, but they will always be the little brother to big daddy Conqueror who brings home all the bacon and gets all the babes.

Just gotta face it, same classes need to be on the lower end to ensure the balance of nature is maintained.

Did you just make this post to try to flex your conq? Because I usually stomp conqs with my Warlord. Only thing you guys got is your light spam. Warlords actually need a buff right now.

LordTankly
11-01-2018, 01:08 AM
If I had to make a recommendation it would be to allow us to cgb in our all block and give hyper armor to our heavy in all block.

HerrNein
11-01-2018, 01:14 AM
Did you just make this post to try to flex your conq? Because I usually stomp conqs with my Warlord. Only thing you guys got is your light spam. Warlords actually need a buff right now.

Lol no, I was more making the stereo-typical Sports fan DB comment of the week.

But hey, Warlord is basically just the little brother class of Conq. It likes acting like it can walk the walk, but ultimately falls short and tends to get crushed 51-14 when they play big matches against things like Orochis, Big JJs, Shaolins, Kenseis, Conqs, Wardens, PKs, Yandere-Chan (Shaman) and SCOOOOTTLAAAAAND!

universe335867
11-01-2018, 01:16 AM

So I guess a Norse king (warlord) that has fought for decades and earned the right to lead armies is weaker than a prisoner that was given a flail/shield and forced to battle? Might as well give modern prisoners guns and let them sort out ďnatureís balanceĒ in todayís wars. If they are going to do that then take the ďlow tierĒ characters out of the game. Your reasoning may be correct but this can be the death of a video game, everyone would play the same characters and thatís exactly what is happening now.

Muitcha-melodia
11-01-2018, 01:17 AM

Hahaha conqueror mains..... you boys will have a taste of season 1, 2 and 3 again. Warlord buffs/ rework will come and when it does we will have our share.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-01-2018, 01:42 AM
Is it me or does warlord look like the dwarf Gimli from Lord of the rings?

universe335867
11-01-2018, 01:44 AM
Is it me or does warlord look like a dwarf from the hobbit?
Iíve always thought he looked like a dwarf lol. Warlords a pretty big guy though if you stand him next to another character.

Velentix
11-01-2018, 05:11 AM
Warlord was my first main, and I still play him occasionally, but his kit is just so boring and shallow (not something you'd expect from someone with a big *** shield and sword) it just takes too much effort and time to get a win against other chars with more complete kits.

Hormly
11-01-2018, 07:10 AM
Rep 60 WL here. Sword and shield are hung up until our rework rolls out.

Fighting new characters is simply not enjoyable

SicKno86
11-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Play Breach: Stomp any enemy team. They quit so you play against bots.

Play Breach: Get stomped. Everyone quits so you quit too.

This game has got nothing going for it anymore. Nothing but lightspammers too btw. Literally every match is a joke. No actual fights.

But whatever.

The_B0G_
11-01-2018, 01:52 PM
Play Breach: Stomp any enemy team. They quit so you play against bots.

Play Breach: Get stomped. Everyone quits so you quit too.

This game has got nothing going for it anymore. Nothing but lightspammers too btw. Literally every match is a joke. No actual fights.

But whatever.

Yep, they put light spam into the game to combat the defence meta, but only give the fast lights to some of the characters, such a great balance idea... they should have used chip damage, now only fast characters benefit from the direction the game is going.

Attacks keep becoming faster, but their damage is on par with the slower characters, I think they are balancing way too far ahead and have way too many unbalanced characters right now. What I mean by that is they want heroes to be like the new Wu Lin, but over half of the cast is totally outclassed, does anyone really think they will get 4 or 5 characters balanced Kensei style within the next few months because that type of in-depth rework is what they need, I would be surprised if it was even done in 6 months.

It's only going to get worse, in another year the next major DLC will be For Honor: Dynasty Warriors, they can add a third asian faction with basically the same feel and look as the other two, unreactable attacks mixed with unblockables that can be cancelled a split second before they land, yayyyy, For Honor... don't forget map wide teleportation, I'm sure we'll get more fantasy feats to ruin the game as well.

Knight_Raime
11-01-2018, 07:52 PM
I've never thought of it before now but I don't think I've ever seen a Warlord outside of playing games against bots.

I see him regularly in the event playlist. But they're usually trying to ledge people or throw them into spikes.

universe335867
11-03-2018, 12:07 AM
Rep 60 WL here. Sword and shield are hung up until our rework rolls out.

Fighting new characters is simply not enjoyable
Iíve done the same, now I just play Red Dead Redemption 2 every now and then. Great game

papa_joseph1
11-03-2018, 07:39 AM
So I guess a Norse king (warlord) that has fought for decades and earned the right to lead armies is weaker than a prisoner that was given a flail/shield and forced to battle? Might as well give modern prisoners guns and let them sort out “nature’s balance” in today’s wars. If they are going to do that then take the “low tier” characters out of the game. Your reasoning may be correct but this can be the death of a video game, everyone would play the same characters and that’s exactly what is happening now.

The backstory behind Conquer is that he was a convict, the lowest of low thug, imprisoned and forced to fight against his will, but he started liking it, he started kicking so much a$$ it got him promotions, the warlord and Conquer backstory is the same, just Warlord earned his honors though raiding and leading battles, Conquer got his by breaking noses and crushing bones for fun.

Conquer has no cushy long house to retire in, only way he gets a day off is if he's killed.

universe335867
12-30-2018, 05:21 AM
The backstory behind Conquer is that he was a convict, the lowest of low thug, imprisoned and forced to fight against his will, but he started liking it, he started kicking so much a$$ it got him promotions, the warlord and Conquer backstory is the same, just Warlord earned his honors though raiding and leading battles, Conquer got his by breaking noses and crushing bones for fun.

Conquer has no cushy long house to retire in, only way he gets a day off is if he's killed.
That actually sounds legit.

bannex19
12-30-2018, 07:48 AM
I mean a simple numbers adjustment would at least make WL slightly more viable but the devs can't be bothered to revert his changes back to launch regardless of how much cheese almost all other classes have now.

Just a damage buff would take one dev like 28 min to implement but we'll just hold out for them to slowly tease the possibility of a rework while straight talking about nerfing the only thing that makes him relevant.

Jazz117Volkov
12-30-2018, 03:27 PM
The devs don't have a clue what makes this game fun or how to deliver player satisfaction through the moment-to-moment gameplay. Arcade is probably the best example of this, but all the major game modes are more easily won if you don't actually use the Art of Battle. Nothing in this game complements anything else; it's a sh!tshow and it's getting worse. Wu Lin were the final nail in the coffin.

Helnekromancer
12-30-2018, 10:42 PM
I mean a simple numbers adjustment would at least make WL slightly more viable but the devs can't be bothered to revert his changes back to launch regardless of how much cheese almost all other classes have now.

Just a damage buff would take one dev like 28 min to implement but we'll just hold out for them to slowly tease the possibility of a rework while straight talking about nerfing the only thing that makes him relevant.

Something as simple as damage buffs/nerfs is simply too much for them to handle. At best it takes them 6 months - year for that to happen.

And then you have games like League of Legends who's balance team who release patch notes every 2 weeks buffing and nerfing Champions looking for a sweet spot.

Whether those changes are good or bad are up to debate but at least they are showing their playerbase they care about the game

The For Honor community have to band together and hound the dev team just to get some balance info from them. If we didn't hound them we probably would have never see a Shugoki rework or LB changes because the all mighty DATA said they were fine. They would much rather believe numbers from tournaments than their actual playerbase.

Like I'm not sure if they are under staff, or they simply don't care and just pushing out all the DLC it can before they stop updating the game.

Archeun
12-31-2018, 12:20 AM
I used to play hundreds of hours. I finally realized the game was always going to have players who use bugs/exploits and problems will never end.

universe335867
01-07-2019, 09:13 PM

What baffles me is that they prioritize dlc heroes such as aramusha and shaman, changes to them but arenít bother to at least add slight buffs to some struggling originals until theyíre reworked. They wonder why 4-5 of the original characters are at the bottom of the pick list now.

Col.Bullet
01-08-2019, 11:40 PM
The way I see it, there is a great disparity between the Wu Lin and most of the older heroes, and not in a good way on either side: The Wu Lin are completely overtuned kit-wise and in there statistics, especially regarding Damage and attack Speed. On the other Hand, characters like Warlord, Shugoki, etc. are left completely in the dust (and nerfed even then) or get a "rework" like Peacekeeper or Nobushi, whereas not much really changes.

bannex19
01-09-2019, 12:36 AM
Reworking the old heroes makes them 0 dollars.

The team had no idea what to do with the PK. They didn't want to waste resources on new animations for old heroes after the kensei and the warden got a significant rework because he's the poster child.

The shugoki rework will probably just bring him up to the technical level of the newer heroes but I suspect we won't see much in the way of new moves or animations.