PDA

View Full Version : Un-installing fb+aep+pf

p-39driver
01-10-2009, 04:06 AM
Hi all,
I have Il-2 '46 coming soon.
What is the best way to un-install fb+aep+pf?

Through the start menu(click on remove fb+aep+pf),using un-install from the game disc,or using remove software through the windows xp control panel?
Thanks.....

p-39driver
01-10-2009, 04:06 AM
Hi all,
I have Il-2 '46 coming soon.
What is the best way to un-install fb+aep+pf?

Through the start menu(click on remove fb+aep+pf),using un-install from the game disc,or using remove software through the windows xp control panel?
Thanks.....

Bearcat99
01-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Use the uninstall program that came with the sim.. If you have any thing you an t to save like missions or skins or campaigns or stick settings make sure you back up he following folder & files:

Conf - the config file
paintschemes - pilot skins aircraft skins etc..
missions - any downloaded missions you may have gotten that you want to keep
users - Where your current stick settings are stored.. that way you wont have to redo everything.
Dgen - Any campaings you may have started
Ngen - Any online campaigns
Records - Any tracks (However most likely they wont play once you upgrade... an old issue that came up with every patch.)

wheelsup_cavu
01-10-2009, 11:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Use the uninstall program that came with the sim.. If you have any thing you an t to save like missions or skins or campaigns or stick settings make sure you back up he following folder & files:

Conf - the config file
paintschemes - pilot skins aircraft skins etc..
missions - any downloaded missions you may have gotten that you want to keep
users - Where your current stick settings are stored.. that way you wont have to redo everything.
Dgen - Any campaings you may have started
Ngen - Any online campaigns
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Records - Any tracks (However most likely they wont play once you upgrade... an old issue that came up with every patch.)</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I read somewhere if you convert the <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">tracks (trk)</span> to <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">ntrack (ntrk)</span> before you use in the new patch they will play.
It didn't say if you could just change the extension or if you needed to play the track and record as an ntrk.
I also don't remember where I read it or I would provide a link.

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Edit:</span>
This thread at M4T discusses what has to be done. converting .trk to .ntrk as a solution? (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=189&highlight=ntrk)
It doesn't look to me that you can just change the extension.
If someone here knows otherwise let me know.

Wheelsup

Tully__
01-10-2009, 06:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wheelsup_cavu:

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Edit:</span>
This thread at M4T discusses what has to be done. converting .trk to .ntrk as a solution? (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=189&highlight=ntrk)
It doesn't look to me that you can just change the extension.
If someone here knows otherwise let me know.

Wheelsup </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You definitely can't just change the extension. The .trk files are plain text but the .ntrk files are encrypted. This was done so that the .ntrk method could be used to resolve online disputes with less chance of file tampering by the people offering the .ntrk files as proof.

wheelsup_cavu
01-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks Tully http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Now the different methods makes more sense to me.

Wheelsup

Tully__
01-11-2009, 12:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wheelsup_cavu:

There's another difference too:<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> The .trk files are a record of the original mission file and the player's control inputs. As it's set up only to record the control inputs on the computer where the recording is made, it doesn't work for multiplayer missions. To play back this type, the game loads the mission then "re-flies" it using the player's recorded control inputs for the player aircraft and the normal AI routines for the rest of the aircraft. Because it relies on accurately reflying the mission with the original control inputs, it doesn't work if the flight model has been changed (a different patch version) or if any of the control inputs are played out of sequence (recorded on a high performance computer where the game plays smoothly, played back on a mediocre computer where the game stutters). It is further limited in that it will only record the entire mission.
<LI> The .ntrk files record the status of all objects in the mission at the time the record button is pressed then records the speed/attitude/position/damage condition/weapon operation etc... of all objects in the game periodically and every time they change. The recorded file size is larger but because it's recording details of the location and condition of everything in the mission, it plays back the same regardless of updated version or different computer. Though the file size is larger for a given length of recording, as most people only record the interesting parts of a mission the total size of stored files can end up smaller for .ntrk files than if .trk files were used.[/list]
It's interesting to note that due to lag on multiplayer games, .ntrk recordings of the same mission in a server by different players will show slightly different versions of the events.

wheelsup_cavu
01-11-2009, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tully__:

There's another difference too:<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> The .trk files are a record of the original mission file and the player's control inputs. As it's set up only to record the control inputs on the computer where the recording is made, it doesn't work for multiplayer missions. To play back this type, the game loads the mission then "re-flies" it using the player's recorded control inputs for the player aircraft and the normal AI routines for the rest of the aircraft. Because it relies on accurately reflying the mission with the original control inputs, it doesn't work if the flight model has been changed (a different patch version) or if any of the control inputs are played out of sequence (recorded on a high performance computer where the game plays smoothly, played back on a mediocre computer where the game stutters). It is further limited in that it will only record the entire mission.
<LI> The .ntrk files record the status of all objects in the mission at the time the record button is pressed then records the speed/attitude/position/damage condition/weapon operation etc... of all objects in the game periodically and every time they change. The recorded file size is larger but because it's recording details of the location and condition of everything in the mission, it plays back the same regardless of updated version or different computer. Though the file size is larger for a given length of recording, as most people only record the interesting parts of a mission the total size of stored files can end up smaller for .ntrk files than if .trk files were used.[/list]
It's interesting to note that due to lag on multiplayer games, .ntrk recordings of the same mission in a server by different players will show slightly different versions of the events. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Now I have a good source to reference and link if asked.
Without searching for hours of course. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Wheelsup