PDA

View Full Version : Centurion gank all over again, Tiandi (Not calling for a nerf, discussion)

Vendelkin
10-31-2018, 12:51 AM
So before anyone asks I'm not calling for a nerf or anything. I actually like the Tiandi just fine where he/she is.

Also it's not as bad as the centurion gank was when it first came out.

But I had a random match earlier today with 4 Tiandi all obviously VC with eachother.

(Now just to be clear, the players playing them were also very good. you could tell by their parry and feint game, so again my loss to them with my random team was appropriate, tho we put up a good fight:))

But there were times during the match where all 2-4 of them would all just fist bonk gank the same person till death. I really really think breach should be no more than two of the same hero. I mean single pick is lame in a way, but 4 tiandi is just really boring and annoying to fight against. same as 4 centurions. or almost four of anything really but mainly ones with spammable shoves.

Can we please not do this? I mean as a community I just think the game will be healthier in 4v4s if we don't intentionally run teams of 4 of the same hero.

Course if I advocate for double pick you'll see teams of two tiandi and two centurions show up @_@ but oh well.

DefiledDragon
10-31-2018, 01:45 AM
Wait until you fight more than one Nuxia at a time and the first light lands. If they coordinate, you get caught in a maelstrom of light attacks that you can do literally nothing about.

Velentix
10-31-2018, 01:55 AM
Capping each team at two of each hero honestly isnt the worst suggestion. I do come up against 4s of centurions, laws and kenseis with disturbing regularity, and its almost never anything more than a troll team. Not very fun.

HerrNein
10-31-2018, 02:00 AM
Capping each team at two of each hero honestly isnt the worst suggestion. I do come up against 4s of centurions, laws and kenseis with disturbing regularity, and its almost never anything more than a troll team. Not very fun.

Well, perhaps you shouldn't have gone and made Uncle Vito mad. Perhaps if you were more polite and not a filthy Viking/Samurai Barbarian and just bowed to Rome, such unpleasantness would not be required.

Velentix
10-31-2018, 02:17 AM
Well, perhaps you shouldn't have gone and made Uncle Vito mad. Perhaps if you were more polite and not a filthy Viking/Samurai Barbarian and just bowed to Rome, such unpleasantness would not be required.

A valkyrie bows only to Freya and Odin, not puny mortals from soft lands.

CandleInTheDark
10-31-2018, 04:38 AM
This is kind of a none starter for a few reasons the devs have gone into. The first is that they do not want to restrict choice, some players play very few characters, some only one, the only way this would work is if matchmaking we after character select which the devs also don't want to do.

Personally I would like to see matchmaking after character select and single pick, even in groups (my own looks for composition more than anything) but the way it is is probably sticking around for the foreseeable.

Vendelkin
10-31-2018, 05:25 AM
That is not one I've had the misfortune of experiencing yet.

Vendelkin
10-31-2018, 05:28 AM
or just the ability to cancel the character pick and switch to a new one after ready so if you see someone hovering over it on the menu you could switch off to a different hero.
I dunno but 4 of any single character is always irritating.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-31-2018, 05:45 AM
It would be nice to change characters upon respawn. So if you go against a team of let's say spam/shouting orochi you can give them a taste of their own medicine.