PDA

View Full Version : State of Balance Suggestion

Roseguard_Cpt
10-30-2018, 09:33 PM
Hello everyone, this post is more directed at Ubi than the community, but feel free to weigh in.
The Devs after the recent seasons release the SoB (Gotta work on that acronym) post. It shows the top 2.5% of players and they seem to balance off of that. My thought is what if instead they release 2 SoBs, one for quite literally the 1% of the top players, and then one for all data for everyone else. They've made changes such as those recently to Aramusha to help out lower level players but help Ara in high level.
To see where characters fall in the elite vs the general populace would be nice to see, as I'm willing to bet certain characters have vastly different placements depending on the level of play they are used (Roach, Ara, even Goki I'd bet.)

TL;DR
Please release 2 W/L matrixes, one for the 1%, one for the rest of us

Vordred
10-30-2018, 10:06 PM
that whole aramusha this still bugs me, first they say light spam is not a problem and to get good (they also never address that its a bigger issue on console)
then they nerf the speed of the aramushas lights, saying that its to much for new players, but leave things like the Orochi the same, and his light spam is way worse as it does not have to go in a set pattern.
then to top it off they release a bunch of new characters with super fast lights, the chained top lights on some of the wu lin is just ridiculous.

i'm starting to think the devs to don't really test anything and just do whatever they think is cool.

Velentix
10-30-2018, 11:53 PM
I would actually love two see two data sets, one for top competitive playing outliers and one for the middle of the bell curve. Good suggestion 👍

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-30-2018, 11:53 PM
Yes there definitely is a list of "WTF seriously?" things that the Devs have done and not done or done in secret.

If this was a shootemup games it would be a game of smg's and only smg's.

I also would like to see two data sets. With a bell curve average.

DefiledDragon
10-31-2018, 12:18 AM
They've had almost 2 years at this now and the game is still nowhere near balanced. It's time to just accept that the game is what it is and to play it as such. I've not been playing it very long, only rep 40 something, but when I first picked it up I treated it as a serious fighter because 1 v 1 competitive fighting games are where I'm from. I've since come to realise that this isn't the case. The best analogy I can offer is this. If serious fighting games (SF, Tekken, Injustice etc...) are Project Cars/Assetto Corsa then FH is Mario Kart. Treat it as such and you'll likely enjoy it more, any attempt to take it as a serious, skill based competitive game will likely leave you feeling frustrated.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-31-2018, 04:15 AM
They've had almost 2 years at this now and the game is still nowhere near balanced. It's time to just accept that the game is what it is and to play it as such. I've not been playing it very long, only rep 40 something, but when I first picked it up I treated it as a serious fighter because 1 v 1 competitive fighting games are where I'm from. I've since come to realise that this isn't the case. The best analogy I can offer is this. If serious fighting games (SF, Tekken, Injustice etc...) are Project Cars/Assetto Corsa then FH is Mario Kart. Treat it as such and you'll likely enjoy it more, any attempt to take it as a serious, skill based competitive game will likely leave you feeling frustrated.

I think people like myself are frustrated because we have been waiting for a game like for honor for a life time. It's not a battle fighting game though. It's a spam game at the lower than pro level and it didn't have to be this way.
I actually would have preferred a game that was completely balanced and everyone had the same movesets. People say that would get boring but it wouldn't for me. Like shugoki is a basic hero but has enough complexity and nuances to keep me very entertained. I like going head to head with other people in a balanced battle more than the addition of complexity to each character. I think that is were for honor for it wrong.
Ubi is going the route of every character becoming the next great peacekeeper. Why? Why are assassin on a battlefield in the first place? To me that's like seeing a 1920s hitman while serving in Vietnam on a battle field. They don't belongs there.

DefiledDragon
10-31-2018, 12:57 PM
I think people like myself are frustrated because we have been waiting for a game like for honor for a life time. It's not a battle fighting game though. It's a spam game at the lower than pro level and it didn't have to be this way.
I actually would have preferred a game that was completely balanced and everyone had the same movesets. People say that would get boring but it wouldn't for me. Like shugoki is a basic hero but has enough complexity and nuances to keep me very entertained. I like going head to head with other people in a balanced battle more than the addition of complexity to each character. I think that is were for honor for it wrong.
Ubi is going the route of every character becoming the next great peacekeeper. Why? Why are assassin on a battlefield in the first place? To me that's like seeing a 1920s hitman while serving in Vietnam on a battle field. They don't belongs there.

To be honest I think classes are arguably moot at this point. We have vanguards with HA, assassins with unblockables, heavies with dodge attacks etc... At this point there is no defining set of characteristics that allow you to look at a character and identify their class, it's just a label with no meaning.