PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with the guard?

A-Shovel
10-30-2018, 06:11 PM
Since Marching fire it feels like the guard its just cosmetic, I'm getting hit by attacks that should and are obviously blocked (i"m not even trying to parry, literally just blocking) same with dodges and parries, i got damaged after i saw my parry animation once and its getting infuriating.
And no, my internet or lag on my part its not a problem i checked that already. :D

Vordred
10-30-2018, 10:11 PM
i've noticed really wonky stuff since marching fire. seems most around the wu lin, i have also had the thing where i see the parry animation but get hit. also had it where the animation of when i should get hit does not match when i actually get hit.

even had a JJ somehow kill he with a top heavy, despite the fact he was targeting someone else and i was standing behind him.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-30-2018, 10:28 PM
I've noticed this to and already commented about it. Something is definitely wrong. It's happened with the older factions as well. It happened to me in the healing zone multiple times so I know for a fact it's not minions.

DARTHWANGER
10-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Yep, the constant hits through blocks have been occurring more and more ever since Season 8 started. It's really like blocking doesn't matter anymore, since it's become a game of light spamming deaths by a thousand light attack cuts! It's pretty much who ever can get off their chain combo first and also spam unblockables. It seems like there is more input delay and this is very apparent when activating bridge / gate levers. In some instances it feels like over a half second before they activate.

Funniest thing happened yesterday when I guard broke a jianjun who was lagging all day with a 90 ms ping and threw him off a ledge only to find him a second later as he popped his revenge while he was falling and magically appeared on the edge of the ledge killing myself and teammate with an unblockable zone attack!

Sirizer
10-30-2018, 10:56 PM
This game has just become a non stop light attack gank fest. No skill required any longer. Blocking is completly broken. The parrys dont register even if timed perfectly. The valk orochi light spamming is so obnoxiously broken. Evwn more so now that blocking is horrible. And ubisoft probably will not fix it. And most likely just make another character broken af. Game was atleast funcional up until marching fire. Fix ur game or your probably going to lose a lot of players. Atleast on console.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-30-2018, 11:18 PM
Funniest thing happened yesterday when I guard broke a jianjun who was lagging all day with a 90 ms ping and threw him off a ledge only to find him a second later as he popped his revenge while he was falling and magically appeared on the edge of the ledge killing myself and teammate with an unblockable zone attack!

I think that falls under ubi's get gud campain. Lol.

Buggy.Blaster
10-31-2018, 08:55 AM
YES! I agree too! whats up with this? ill block and its just not working..as if its not moving fast enough where before it was always easy. did they change something with the guard switching or something? I even had a few people rage quit on me because they said my attacks were going through their block.. whats up with this? isn't this stuff supposed to be getting better not worse? i feel like the best time was right after the dedicated servers came out, then slowly been going downhill from their. please fix this or go back to how it was back then.

Chobbsy99
10-31-2018, 12:46 PM
It does seem a little off. Is it a result of the guard switch delay bug being fixed? Or is it just messed up? I do feel everything is a little more sluggish and inconsistent.

bannex19
10-31-2018, 08:14 PM
Why guard when you can light spam?

All kidding aside, Along with the guard issue I've noticed the parry timing windows are off as well. I thought it was all because of lag and the fact that i suck but it does seem like guard is an rng mechanic now

Ubiflowessence
10-31-2018, 10:17 PM
Thank you for sharing this! I will send this to the team. Is this a change that you've noticed with the Marching Fire update?

DARTHWANGER
10-31-2018, 10:24 PM
Apparently, this a new Wu-Lin Feat that I didn't know about lol! Pop your revenge when falling off a ledge and magically teleport back to ledge with a free unblockable zone attack!

DARTHWANGER
10-31-2018, 10:34 PM
I think that falls under ubi's get gud campain. Lol.

Thank you for sharing this! I will send this to the team. Is this a change that you've noticed with the Marching Fire update?

We've been noticing this especially on console for many months now. I play on PS4 and it seems to have gotten progressively worse after Marching Fire launched. The graphics are indeed better, but it feels like there is more noticeable slowdown in frame-rate. Many games vs Berserker my opponent will start their Heavy Chain that I can see a mile away and I'll set up block in the proper direction before the red indicator even shows up and the attack goes right through it, so I switch sides for the next attack and the Heavy goes through again, then the third heavy top is telegraphed and I press R2 at the right time to Parry and it goes right through and my player is executed. This is not fun for anyone and just makes blocking a game of RNG. I think this is what most players are frustrated about.

Don't even get me started on Guard Break and how many times the counter GB doesn't register or we both press GB at the same time and somehow they get a free GB and throw or the opponents GB's me right through my attacks. It's gotten to the point of being comical in some games!

Haplo_Bane
11-01-2018, 12:27 AM
This has been happening since dedicated servers. They initially had no lag compensation. Lots of complaints. ubiSOFT then announced it would implement a 3 stage lag compensation fix. They quickly installed stage one. This didn't actually get rid of lag,but made it visually smother. No more players teleporting around. When you get hit through a block it means your opponent has higher latency than you. You might notice the reverse happens. You'll hit someone when they have clearly blocked. You have the higher latency. Basically what you see on your screen is slightly different from what your opponent see's on his screen.The person with the highest latency has the most advantage. It's not a new problem,but I've noticed people notice it more when there is new characters. Since it took 18 months for them to work out the teamshuffle debacle, I summise we still have a few months for stage 2 lag compensation to be implemented.You don't need to 'git gud', you need to 'git used to it'

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-01-2018, 01:02 AM
Yes it is much more prevalent/apparent now in matching fire.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-01-2018, 01:23 AM
Apparently, this a new Wu-Lin Feat that I didn't know about lol! Pop your revenge when falling off a ledge and magically teleport back to ledge with a free unblockable zone attack!

It's not a feat it's in one of JJs hidden stances The moveset is called "oldest trick in the book". It's in the matching fire update notes but can't be found in the moveset list... Because it's a hidden stance. 😜

Miadous
11-01-2018, 05:44 AM
Blocking attacks here on PC have definitely gotten more sketchy since Marching Fire. Easily see an attack coming, flick the stick to that side, get hit. Happens all the time to myself, my brother, friends, etc. I can record it, slow down the video, can visually see on screen my right stick move in the correct direction to block, but the guard doesn't switch with the stick movement. At least when it's slowed down like that, it looks like there's way too much delay in the game reacting to inputs.

Xil_h
11-01-2018, 10:07 AM
I noticed this too. At first it made me rage and blame players for lag switch cheating.
Now I don't bother anymore and just embrace my free death...

It seems especially prelevant when the opponent has a latency of 50+
It makes it near impossible to react to anything.

Knight_Raime
11-01-2018, 10:12 AM
JJ actually has some attacks that deal damage before they connect.

The_B0G_
11-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Probably going to see this more and more, I think it has to do with lag comp and the fact more and more attacks are becoming 400-500 ms, the timing for everything is so tight that it's rubber banding on blocks and parries

ytrecvbnm
11-01-2018, 02:57 PM
I thought it was just me.

I wasn't good at blocking before marching fire, but now I can barely block with the shin and if I try to parry she throws an attack.

RoyalAhole
11-02-2018, 03:30 PM
There's a video on youtube, it shows that the timer for parrying is way off. So if you wait for the animation, you're already late...now it's also a guessing game.

Amaterasu-90
11-04-2018, 01:49 AM
Same here , many weird things happened to me after that update ,
ex: i got GBed at light attack animation , punishes getting delayed for some reason so it wont hit ( like warden's free heavy after fully charged SB)
i'm rly confused

RexXZ347
11-04-2018, 04:11 AM
Simple explanation guys, ubisoft is tired of us veteran players. So they are attracting new players. New players tend only to attack attack attack. No mind games. So your blocks will not activate even if you did it correctly and they will think they are strong by killing you and cheesing using ss tier chinese heroes. They will stay. They will pay. Profit.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Simple explanation guys, ubisoft is tired of us veteran players. So they are attracting new players. New players tend only to attack attack attack. No mind games. So your blocks will not activate even if you did it correctly and they will think they are strong by killing you and cheesing using ss tier chinese heroes. They will stay. They will pay. Profit.
From playing the new characters I'd say they are moving from gb and block and moving towards counter attacks, deflects, parrys and a dance attack of sorts. The game is changing in its basic move set mechanics to prevent meta.

Blitzwarrior771
11-04-2018, 04:50 PM
Iím very happy if this is the truth . Screw veteran players and their excuse git gud brah . Oh yeah ? You little cheat just standing there flipping guards all day long and countering and you call that veteran ? Or skills ? Break them ubi we are tired of boring people . New players deserve a chance . This could also prevent cheating and auto block .

aYPeEooTReK
11-05-2018, 02:41 AM
I hope this is on the top of their priority list atm. The amount of attacks that go right through your blocks right now is ridiculous. J.j. for some reason seems to be the worst offender. Block 50% of his attacks rightt now. There should be nothing more important to fix in this game than the blocking that they messed up with marching fire

Lukynu
11-05-2018, 10:53 AM
What if they removed the 100ms time it takes to switch guard direction? Or just make it way faster? Why is the delay even there? I think this is what causes everyone problems?

Blitzwarrior771
11-05-2018, 04:23 PM
Or better yet we should all have auto block thing 🤔