PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin armor sets are stupid looking

HighGround_S3G
10-30-2018, 02:59 AM
This is how Shaolin Monks are supposed to look like...
https://www.maximimages.com/stock-photo/shaolin-warrior-monk-with-a-staff-MXI28237.jpg

This is how they look in the game...
https://i.imgur.com/NOE6UgZ.jpg

I mean... look at that... there's tassles, huge metal bling medallions, giant belt buckles that would make a texan envious, big metal dangly donuts, and metal emblems on every head piece... I mean, who designed the Shaolin gear set? Shaolin wear very simple clothing, they don't wear giant pearl necklaces or belts and have stupid looking medallions all over their clothing... it's seriously the worst gear set in the game so far.

I want simple gear for the Shaolin, cloth armor, no bling bling, maybe a cloth headband or just a bald head with no tattoos. Is that too much to ask for? That would look cool. The current armor gear looks ridiculous.

The weapons look cool, the armor, no Shaolin Monk would be caught dead wearing that stuff.

chukblok
10-30-2018, 03:16 AM
I love the art and sound team in this game. However with that being said...they do love the over elaborate weapons and armour at times. Take the halloween weapons for example...very shiny and gold...and fancy. Im not complaining i love the event. But i know what you mean. Still waiting for those viking black axes...
Basically get used to it....sorry man.

GayForShugoki
10-30-2018, 03:27 AM
That's because it's a game and the accents add flair and 'cool factor'. Shaolin Monks didn't teleport across the map, did they?

They designed the armour sets around the traditional sets, but added to them. No one likes bland armour.

HighGround_S3G
10-30-2018, 03:36 AM
Actually, I like and prefer bland armor, and Shaolin don't wear armor.

SangLong524
10-30-2018, 06:17 AM
Really? Have you seen enough of those chinese overexagerated kungfu movies yet? I want to look like the master, not the apprentice.
I wouldnt say such blanket statement. And shaolin doesnt fight in war either, to my knowledge. But they are here, get over it.

Sabrefalcon
10-30-2018, 07:08 AM
Actually Shaolin name is famous but it should be a Shaolin Warrior cause it has a Shaoling with hari Shaolin like Hwang Fei Hong, Shaoling Kung Fu Warrior it can be Still a Shaolin Monk, or not Monk anymore but has Shaolin Kung Fu, I like armoured people covered Face make more variety for different user. They can also make Steel Staff golden Staff. But A real Monk is simple

Knight_Raime
10-30-2018, 08:47 PM
Yeah. And centurion's/roman soldiers didn't wear decorated face plates into battle. Vikings also wore armor. etc.
This game is not historically accurate. It's a fantasy game. It's never tried to be accurate.

bramboforce
10-31-2018, 09:03 PM
Look I get that some people want the simple stuff (And it would be nice to have at least one classical shaolin robe) but it simply doesn't look flashy enough for it to be in the game. I personally like most of the armors(Some headpieces are ugly af tho) and farily enjoy the weapons. I supose its just a matter of opinion. Also they should have named the hero something like ''Monk'' Cause naming him Shaolin is just a little too obvious for people not to compare it to the real life Shaolin monks

chukblok
10-31-2018, 09:33 PM
I totally agree for certain characters the flash is great..and who says simple means bland.
For certain characters, like raider, a more brutal/crude looking axe is better. Im sure ive made mention of that before. the chinese faction i can see being elaborate. I think historically the chinese liked gold etc. (could be wrong).
And cent/glad...flashier is ok because well typically in the roman arenas more elaborate pleased the crowd.
But some of those warden guards??? no no no so ugly (its a matter of taste i guess) and in the end variety is good.

Ubiflowessence
10-31-2018, 09:53 PM
Thank you all for sharing your feedback! Seems there are mixed opinions on the Shaolin's appearance. I'd like to ask though, what about the Shaolin's fighting style in terms of attack and defense? I'd love to hear your opinions on how the Shaolin plays as well.

SangLong524
11-01-2018, 12:29 AM
First of all, just because there are ridiculous movies doesn't mean it's cool, tasteful or elegant.
There are also movies with extremely poor combat acting. So now we should use those for the game too?

Second, please show us those movies you are talking about. Movies might not be realistic, but games take the cake when it comes to ridiculous BS outfits.
So I want to see which movies you are talking about.

watch some of Jin Yong drama series.
" it's cool, tasteful or elegant."
Do you really wish to argue with me for these adjectives? really?
I like Ubi's Shaolin getups. Feel great when i swagger into battle. But that just me, don't wanna make anyone feel the same. Can you do the same?

Thank you all for sharing your feedback! Seems there are mixed opinions on the Shaolin's appearance. I'd like to ask though, what about the Shaolin's fighting style in terms of attack and defense? I'd love to hear your opinions on how the Shaolin plays as well.
I like Shaolin as he is right now. However, the feat Qi trap needs an expiring duration. Putting trap at the enemy respawn point and the the team will know the others' location for all eternity, or till death. it's OP, strategically speaking.
I can't believe i say that.

Xeith98zz
11-01-2018, 12:34 AM
I think they look badass, im all for seeing originality, but most of the time I love seeing big ornate armor, or somewhat stylistic stuff. However, I think for people that disagree with that, and wish for armor and weapons similar to the ACTUAL monks or historically accurate gear, then the FH team should certainly cater to both group interests.

Miadous
11-01-2018, 05:48 AM
I think it's silly for so much work to go into a character's moveset, only to omit the most important move, an opener. This turtle-fest style gameplay that lots of people like to utilize actually hurts the shaolin quite a bit. I've seen multiple times where opponents will just stare at me and block until they get revenge, then they will try to go on offense.

Knight_Raime
11-01-2018, 10:07 AM
Your arguments make no sense.
There are super beautiful knight plate armor sets in real life, but instead they chose slabs of rusty plate patchworked together in this game. So clearly their design choices are based on lack of research and taste, not based on "we made an unrealistic attack, so now we must also design outfits ridiculously excessive".

plenty of the plate armor is also not realistic. this game is a fantasy game. Not a historical one. Nor has it aimed to be accurate.