PDA

View Full Version : “Legion Master Mode” need your opinion!

SelfishEyes
10-29-2018, 02:52 AM
So I sent the following message to Ubisoft and they said they’d consider this idea, they just want to know what other pilots think! Please read the message below and leave your comments!

Hello, Ubisoft Toronto. So far I’ve been enjoying Starlink, so much so that in the eleven days it has been out, it has become my number one obsession. I’ve already collected all the ships, weapons, and figures for the game. I’ve beaten the campaign twice, one all the way past Grax and to the end-game and one up to just before you face Grax just so the legion dreadnoughts won’t respawn. As I’ve played the game and poured over 60 hours of my life into it I’ve come to realize the game (for me at least) is damn near perfect. I just wanted to thank you Ubisoft Toronto for making my absolute dream game come true! Now with that said, I want to say there is one thing about the game that bugs me, and other players I’ve talked to. After completing the game (beating Grax) the game will begin respawning dreadnoughts. While I think this end-game activity is awesome, it can be annoying. First, it happens randomly and quite often. Sometimes, we players want to just explore the video game world that we just saved from annihilation without having to stop every 3 to 30 minutes to fight. It starts to feel like a chore. Second, it’s the way the legion tries to take over. It’s a dreadnought that respawns and it takes them thirty minutes to deploy a single prime that will take another thirty minutes to place enough extractors to become a challenge. So what we’re left with is an annoying end-game for both kinds of players, those who want to keep fighting, and this who just want to fly around and stare at creatures and asteroids for hours without distraction.
My simple solution is a Legion Master Mode, similar to the Outpost Master mode in Far Cry 5 (another Ubisoft game). You could do this one of two ways: you could place it the pause menu like Far Cry 5 or you could travel to a solved Warden Spire in game and hold square for the optional “reset Legion in current sector”. This will be followed by an “are you sure?” message and after a loading screen, one dreadnought will be placed in that sector with primes on all of the planets and a random amount of extractors on each one. This way, we can avoid all the waiting! At the same time, you can do away with the automatic respawning of the dreadnoughts. Players can then play their own way, in addition to having the option to fight or just fly around in the ship they paid for.
If you’ve gotten this far in the email, I appreciate the read. I’ve put a lot of time and thought into this; I have been asking around and people agree that this would hugely improve their end-game experience. Please strongly consider this in a not-so-distant future update! If you can’t add this feature, or something similar, I’d love to know why. Thank you so much Ubisoft Toronto for your time!

SSJMegla
10-29-2018, 04:20 AM
Those ships respawn??

I know they come back after you kill Grax, but ive spent a few hours after killing them the second time without them comming back. So would that be a bug or a switch version thing.

That said, how about it being linked to the difficulty setting. On low setting you can freely explore, normal has them respawn slowly, and each stage past that makes them respawn in greater numbers. With the highest setting having them respawn on all planets.

SelfishEyes
10-29-2018, 02:15 PM
Those ships respawn??

I know they come back after you kill Grax, but ive spent a few hours after killing them the second time without them comming back. So would that be a bug or a switch version thing.

That said, how about it being linked to the difficulty setting. On low setting you can freely explore, normal has them respawn slowly, and each stage past that makes them respawn in greater numbers. With the highest setting having them respawn on all planets.

Yeah, they come back after killing them the second time after about two or three hours. After that it’s random. I’ve had one respawn literally three minutes after killing it! I’m on PS4. I agree, linking them with the difficulty would probably be easier for the devs to do anyway. I just want the option to fight when I want and explore when I want.

Naca_Icon
10-29-2018, 07:11 PM
I was a little surprised there wasn't a 'New Game+' mode ala Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Ratchet & Clank, or various others. I was ready and willing to take my lvled pilots and weapons and wreak havok through the system a second time except... well, that didn't happen obviously. I was stuck meandering through planets, clearing ruins I missed and grapping crashed Legion drakes for several hours waiting for something more prominent to show up.
It's a sign of how well-designed Starlink is that I wasn't bored out of my skull during this time- that's not to say I wasn't bored, but combat was still engaging to me even if it was less frequent now that the system was no longer in danger.

Your solution, however, solves other problems that a NG+ would not. So it has my vote. If I had to choose, I'd take an NG+ mode over being able to spawn Dreadnoughts at will though, but that's my personal preference.

To clarify what I'd expect from an NG+ mode to any Ubisoft listening in, NG+ would become an option after beating the final story missions. It could be selected at the Equinox (either through the menu, or by being physically near it) and have a confirmation naturally afterward.
Pilot levels and ship/weapon familiarity would be kept, as well as all our mods, Electrum, and Nova. Story and Allience progress would NOT. This means all the worlds and outposts we would have spent building would essentially be wiped, as if starting a new game.
Starting enemy difficulty would also be increased on account of the fact we have our weapons tricked out already. (Since I view NG+ as a great way to lvl a new pilot, I would ask you don't make it more difficult just by increasing the levels of the enemies, but rather the numbers of them. Facing only three Cyclops at a time is good for easing us into the combat early on, but boring for anyone who has already beat the game).

Another thought I just had, was what if there was an Arena of some sort? A place with waves and waves of enemies, maybe an optional challenge mode where switching parts during the wave would disqualify you. Add in Sniper Cyclops or other mob types to make us think of more than just our weapon elements. Lots of things you could do for end-game content.

Sgt.Blaze
10-29-2018, 10:52 PM
I see two problem

1) using the official forum. It seems pretty dead and prob easier for most people to login on reddit, so try post it there.

2) It would take away the feeling of a living world.

That being said QoL > living world.. and not like we got settles in our reclaimed
Cities anyway.

I am more an option to turn them off :)

Ubi-Lucipus
10-30-2018, 12:22 PM
We always appreciate it when our pilots give us new ideas and insights :)

So if anyone else want to pitch in we would really love to hear your thoughts!

Sgt.Blaze
11-02-2018, 11:00 PM
We always appreciate it when our pilots give us new ideas and insights :)

So if anyone else want to pitch in we would really love to hear your thoughts!

I lean you are sure visible as a team, good at “answering” every post.
But still think that reddit got more of your fanbase.
So do not know if you keep an eye on reddit from time to time.

Also, while it is great that you respond to every thread, I feels like your responds are some what generic, and without real substance.
That said I am aware of you might not be able to provide a fleshed out answer.

But it would still be nice to have some kind of idea where you are going with this IP?
For a lot of your other IPs “failed”, but got patched into great games.
I feel like that’s ubisofts trademark... you listen to the community, but only after several month going against it (I remember For Honor in the first season without dedicated servers as a nightmare).

This IP got such potential and such passionated community compared to the size.
And despite reviewers not thinking the toys would succed, I still see a handfull of people on reddit (myself included) getting digital deluxe, and still ending up trying to get alle the toys for collections.

But the glaring issue might be that it feels like you never trusted the IP enoufh to get all in.
And maybe forgot the other versions beside the Switch.
Leaving PS4 and Xbox player with a product with less content. Where are their filler characters or missions?

And the pricing also scream Ubisoft in a bad way. In Europe the proce for the game is a bit over the top ranging from 80-110$ for deluxe edition.
And while we are some who can spare the money, this would potential keep a lot of players from buying it.
I am by far no expert, but I feel like a business model where the physical stayed the same, and the Deluxe edition would bw thenonly edition but for a prices tag of 50$, would be a lot more fair.
You could have excluded Eli and Kharl, if you really wanted Microtransaction.

Or just have waited with paid expansions.
At the current price tag, I feel like a few free DLC would be better rhan paid expansions, since you current playerbase, for what I’ve seen, paid more than enough for this product.

(I use games like Destiny 1-2, For honor, The division, Monster Hunter World, Warframe and the likes for comparisson)

Hope this rant made sense somehow, and I do not think it reflect the common view of your community, just my view on it.

That said love this game, even as an adult with games like Warframe, MHW, Division, For Honor, COD, Destiny 2 and more in my collection.

Kaede393
11-19-2018, 03:08 PM
I am sorry if I am a bit late to get into the conversation.

As Sgt.Blaze said, changing the respawn time may affect the "living world" perception.

In my opinion the problem is not the Forgotten Legion Fleet, nor the pilot (player), and certainly is not the respawn time. The problem is that a single pilot isn't enough to guard whole Atlas and is normal to feel you have no enough time to explore the space and/or planets.

What if you can get the help of other pilots comming to your system? You may be able to attack many targets at the same time, or rushing together a single target for a fast strike. Probably you can send you squadron on duty while yo explore an undiscovery area. Posibilities are many, but the respawn time feels right to me