PDA

View Full Version : For honor in its prime

GladiatorHood
10-27-2018, 08:10 PM
Can anyone tell me when this game has been in its prime cuz its balancing been trash

Knight_Raime
10-27-2018, 08:18 PM
Never. But the balance has gotten better and better. So maybe one day things will feel relatively okay.

MuscleTech12018
10-27-2018, 08:33 PM
It's ok, Knight_Raime is widely known as an Ubisoft kisser, you cant' expect anything else from him but a "everything is fine" , "Ubisoft is trying so hard" post :)))))))

Devils-_-legacy
10-27-2018, 08:37 PM
It's ok, Knight_Raime is widely known as an Ubisoft kisser, you cant' expect anything else from him but a "everything is fine" , "Ubisoft is trying so hard" post :)))))))

Things arnt that bad compared to s1 this games only been improving

HerrNein
10-27-2018, 08:48 PM
Depends who you ask. For the Shugoki, LB and other mains, they will say it was the earlier seasons when they weren't the little brothers of For Honor.

If you ask Orochi, Arumusha and other light spammer mains, it was before the introduction of new classes which have thrown off their cheesing and light spamming.

If you ask normal people, they will say it's overall more balanced now, but the little brother classes could use some buffs.

Knight_Raime
10-27-2018, 09:23 PM
Things arnt that bad compared to s1 this games only been improving

Don't bother. Doesn't matter what I actually say. People will take shots at me when ever they can.

David_gorda
10-27-2018, 09:36 PM
Balance never Been Worse then it is now. The difference between the Worst and best classes are huge. I take season 1 any day then this crap even with disconnects all the time and op revenge.

Knight_Raime
10-27-2018, 09:46 PM
Balance never Been Worse then it is now. The difference between the Worst and best classes are huge. I take season 1 any day then this crap even with disconnects all the time and op revenge.

Good luck with that. Revenge was far more forgiving in season 1. It also enabled bashes to knock people down constantly. Warlord was unstoppable back in season 1. With his instant FB that couldn't be punished and guaranteed chunk damage. He also had instant head butt that could be chained off of his parry counter. And that also means PK was her strongest then. With high damage. She could spam cancel her zone in revenge as well. There was just as big disparity between heros back then as there is now for some heros. Only thing that's changed is more heros are in the game.

Devils-_-legacy
10-27-2018, 09:46 PM

Unblockable and unparribale attacks were everywhere. The revenge gain ment 2 parries was an instant revenge and at that point revenge was a instant kill. Bashes like warlord lb Conq floored you in oss or when they have revenge. Every parry ment gb. I could go on lol For appolyons sake don't go back to season 1

IAmOddGirl
10-27-2018, 11:30 PM
Seems balanced enough always to me..if you can overcome ganks in 4v4s but that shouldnt actually change...as thats 4v4

TSCDescon
10-28-2018, 01:04 AM
Shugoki and Law aren't even in the tier list anymore lol :P

David_gorda
10-28-2018, 01:21 AM
Shugoki and Law aren't even in the tier list anymore lol :P lol true. I played some dominion today with my rep 30 lawbringer today and i cant do anything against rep i nuxua, tiandi and shaolin. Toplight gets parried so My only option is basicly feint heavy and do a guardbreak while trying to not get ligjtspammed or unblockable spammed to death. JJ i think is managable in 1vs1 but the other wublin are crazy strong with their attacking options.

Yama_Uba
10-28-2018, 01:31 AM

Do you work in the industry? Do you know what it takes to balance a game?

What is your definition of balanced?

Because true balance would mean every character would be exactly the same across the board. Frankly that would be boring as hell.

So please, enlighten us with what balance in the game should be instead of critizing someone who has an optimistic out look on the games development.

David_gorda
10-28-2018, 01:40 AM

Because true balance would mean every character would be exactly the same across the board. Frankly that would be boring as hell.

So please, enlighten us with what balance in the game should be instead of critizing someone who has an optimistic out look on the games development. obviously games like for honor Will never be "true" balance but for honor hero balance is really bad. Shugoki is in awful state for example. Reworks need to be prioritzed and not one or Two heroes every season. Small balance changes should be more often, like adjusting damage number or increase/decrease attack speeds for example.

TSCDescon
10-28-2018, 01:52 AM

So please, enlighten us with what balance in the game should be instead of critizing someone who has an optimistic out look on the games development.

It takes LONGER to balance the game, if the developers keep putting in more unbalanced heroes. If the developers are in frustration to balance all the characters, well, truth be told they've done it to themselves. After the last 6 DLC characters, the community asked for reworks/buffs for the OG heroes before new ones. And what did they do? Announce MF's 4 new heroes that literally has every option (Shaolin). We're almost done with year 2 and character balancing is still an issue. After the first year of For honor, they said the second year will be FOCUSED on balancing. THAT IS A COMPLETE LIE. I wouldn't even compare this game to another fighting game, in terms of balancing.

Just imagine if the developers release new balance patches as fast as they can release new outfits. I know they are two different departments, but you get my point.

TSCDescon
10-28-2018, 01:57 AM
obviously games like for honor Will never be "true" balance but for honor hero balance is really bad. Shugoki is in awful state for example. Reworks need to be prioritzed and not one or Two heroes every season. Small balance changes should be more often, like adjusting damage number or increase/decrease attack speeds for example.

The community comes up with rework ideas faster than the developers, that is disappointly sad. I keep seeing people saying Shugok is getting a rework, but I haven't seen anything about that on every warrior's den. All i heard was the other guy saying "we would like shugoki to get buffs". Buffs and reworks are two completely different words and have different meaning. I need a confirmation about this.

David_gorda
10-28-2018, 02:03 AM
The community comes up with rework ideas faster than the developers, that is disappointly sad. I keep seeing people saying Shugok is getting a rework, but I haven't seen anything about that on every warrior's den. All i heard was the other guy saying "we would like shugoki to get buffs". Buffs and reworks are two completely different words and have different meaning. I need a confirmation about this.
Buffs was just an Idea Of mine, never seen devs talking about it. I understand rework takes more time but the devs maybe could do buffs/ nerfs more frequently to make the Game more balanced.

TSCDescon
10-28-2018, 04:44 AM
Buffs was just an Idea Of mine, never seen devs talking about it. I understand rework takes more time but the devs maybe could do buffs/ nerfs more frequently to make the Game more balanced.

They can't even do two simple thing for Shugoki until his rework... remove damage penalty while hyper armor is down and remove health loss on whiff DE.

Jazz117Volkov
10-28-2018, 08:06 AM
I do agree with the notion that the balancing in this game is bad, and a lot of changes made to characters seem bizarre, or in the case of how Peacekeeper was "updated", confusingly inept. And the pace of balance updates and communication is abysmal. "Soon", "we think it's okay" and "we're looking at it" are very unhelpful and frankly frustrating given the timeline the actual balance changes are delivered in. "We're looking at it" means -5 dmg six months later. A lot of players aren't able to enjoy their mains anymore--PK, Lawbringer, Shugo--why this isn't seen as urgent is beyond me. Since launch day it's felt that the new content always has priority of fixing or adjusting existing content; that's why the game almost sunk in season 2.

That said, I do understand the other side of hte coin. The devs are at a disadvantage because they work mostly with theory. They simply don't have the time to play as much as the community, therefore their best tools are, a) listen to what people are saying, b) ask specific questions, c) look at the "data". However, there's problems with all three of those solutions: they have to know who to listen to--that's right, just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean it's actually valid; they have to know what to ask, unless you're always in the game, experiencing the issues you don't know where to start; and lastly, the data, the problem with survey data in general is it's a list of results, not causes, and I don't think that needs explaining.

I think the devs should utilize the test server more. Do fortnightly balance tryouts. Introduce a bunch of wacky ideas and just see what happens.

IAmOddGirl
10-28-2018, 10:46 AM
I don't understand the Hero balancing stuff. There's only minor annoyances that I notice. I like JJ alot as a new character and is now my 2nd Main. I still main Lawbringer the most though and even when I fight Nuxia..her main annoyance is the guarded Lights..but since day 1 I now just change my guard away from the side she is doing that soft feint on then you get a free guard break. Shoalin is strong sure, but I still have yet to consistently lose to him 1 on 1, Tiandi is good for ganking...thats kinda it. JJ just swings slower which is why people aren't consistently parrying him yet. That's just it too, people just have a big problem with new characters until they learn how to kill them then it goes from requesting nerfs to Meh..and then back to comfort zones. Just play..you can't mind sometimes losing a fight to something you weren't expecting. Just play and learn.

Those who seek to be unhappy will find many reasons to further their cause.

Vordred
10-28-2018, 03:41 PM
sadly for honor was at its best in the beta. the tests weren't long enough for people to get good gear, so revenge wasn't an issue. and generally speaking, people hadn't worked out that the best way to do damage was turtle and wait for a parry for the free GB

Devils-_-legacy
10-28-2018, 04:24 PM
sadly for honor was at its best in the beta. the tests weren't long enough for people to get good gear, so revenge wasn't an issue. and generally speaking, people hadn't worked out that the best way to do damage was turtle and wait for a parry for the free GB

I worked it out in the beta I'm sure others did too

SenBotsu893
10-28-2018, 05:28 PM
Don't bother. Doesn't matter what I actually say. People will take shots at me when ever they can.

lol just glancing over the forum for a spell and this one particularly made me giggle.

almost as if the Axis powers were questioning why all of a sudden all those allied forces are attacking them.

if so many people have a particular attitude towards you then maybe ...just maaaaybe you should ask yourself if you have not brought that upon yourself.

as for balancing: if you happen to play a character that is favoured by the devs then you can enjoy easy game easy life. simple as that and sadly the bias of the developers hasnt changed since back in the alpha.

Devils-_-legacy
10-28-2018, 05:33 PM
as for balancing: if you happen to play a character that is favoured by the devs then you can enjoy easy game easy life. simple as that and sadly the bias of the developers hasnt changed since back in the alpha.

I've never had any massive issues of balance since the beginning seasons other then my Shug is worthless but I think they mentioned he was next.
What bias?