PDA

View Full Version : Marching Fire is brutal

frewbear
10-27-2018, 03:50 PM
I am actually impressed that they could make this game even worse than it already was. I downloaded the update just to see what its like and while the graphics are prettier, it feels like the game has been gutted. The Chinese faction doesnt fit the game at all and the change to Equipment is ridiculous - now its a constant struggle not to get winded or kicked across the map while defending against twirling gankspam. Breach is a longwinded, tedious, boring attempt at a new game mode and it will die soon. As lame as Dominion is at least it doesnt take forever and you can play it without a group. It doesnt even feel like the same game anymore - I expected this so its not frustrating or even disappointing.. it's actually kind of a relief that Ubisoft has put the final nail in For Honor, for me and surely a lot of others. For those of you who can still find an ounce of fun in this game, kudos. Later.

Tareyus
10-27-2018, 04:14 PM
I liked the old gear score system better. The revenge system was also better. Revenge right now makes no **** sense Why does someone who is attacking me get revenge before me when I am blocking. Like wtf? **** makes no sence

Scrubnubloard
10-27-2018, 05:28 PM
Your crazy....

1) how doesn't the Chinese faction fit the game. You got a Roman gladiator fighting alongside knights while they fight Vikings and samurai's.

2) other than the minions killing animations what have been taken out?

3) while I dont like the new gear and how it works you guys have to learn how to play the game differently. Less spammy attacks.

4) breach will not die.

5) enjoy playing a different game for as bit well see you back on soon.

Helnekromancer
10-27-2018, 05:33 PM
I liked the old gear score system better. The revenge system was also better. Revenge right now makes no **** sense Why does someone who is attacking me get revenge before me when I am blocking. Like wtf? **** makes no sence

Because Revenge Attacks is still in the game. That Feat allows players to build up the Revenge meter by being offensive instead of defensive.

HerrNein
10-27-2018, 05:38 PM
Ah yes, the obligatory "Waaah, Chinese heroes hurt my feelings" post.

Ok seriously. I want you to sit down and actually as yourself this. How doesn't the Chinese faction fit? Is it because the Chinese faction is not Eurocentric? That is the basis for most arguments I see against Wu Lin. The other one is "But they're OP!' when the whiner simply hasn't manned up and actually taken the moment to learn to fight a new foe.

But seriously. How does a Chinese faction not fit? The Samurai for all intents and purposes are the vikings to the Chinese knights. The countries are literally right f**king next to each other and regularly clashed historically. You cant even use that as the basis of your argument.

Want to know what wouldn't make sense? That one I see a lot of Eurocentrics call for; Greeks. The only real chance for another European faction you have in in this game would be with a Ottoman/Turkish style faction.

bannex19
10-27-2018, 06:03 PM
The chinese faction doesn't fit because of the style. If they went for more direct and brutal animations with minimal kung fu flare it wouldn't be nearly as bad. I agree that look and feel like they're from a different game entirely. Im not saying the chinese don't belong, I'm just saying crouching tiger hidden dragon doesn't.

Ever see theatrical kung fu in mma? Aside from some genki sudo moves when he was taunting opponents I haven't. Why? Because you extended dodge like the tiandi in battle and you're likely to be stomped into oblivion.

Guan yu is unabashedly ripped off which is sad. Shaolin could've been cool if they did their research and didn't go there easy stereotypical way out. Nuxia is the only hero ive seen that more or less fits.

The real problem with marching fire is the game engine is really suffering on ps4. It's not just lag, there are tons of mechanical issues, targeting issues input issues and overall balance issues (not pertaining to heroes but other metrics) that really needed a lot more polish before release.

Had they finished reworking the original heroes while they polished this xpac the reception would've been better. Instead it's radio silence on reworks and long time players that have unworked heroes are left wondering if the WL and Shugo are in the back seat while the dev team focuses on the dynasty warriors.

Devils-_-legacy
10-27-2018, 07:07 PM
Every heros moveset is over exaggerated its a game to say they don't fit for that reason is funny when you look at the whole cast like shaman or shinobi of the last dlc.
I'm enjoying marching fire and happy they included a staff warrior

HerrNein
10-27-2018, 07:24 PM
Every heros moveset is over exaggerated its a game to say they don't fithink for that reason is funny when you look at the whole cast like shaman or shinobi of the last dlc.
I'm enjoying marching fire and happy they included a staff warrior

Exactly.

I think the bigger issue here is that some people just need to take a deep breath and accept the realities of the world. As cool as Warlord might be, people really just need to accept he is basically just Conq's little brother, and that is the Warlord's destined role.

TSCDescon
10-28-2018, 01:26 AM
Shugoki is just a doughboy with a arrow pointed to him saying "Free Kill". Imma stick to playing Shugoki and suffer, but that rumored rework needs to come fast, if there's even ANY.

ArmoredChocobo
10-28-2018, 01:40 AM
4) breach will not die.

You sure?

Iíve had some pretty long waits in the PvP Breach queue lately.

David_gorda
10-28-2018, 01:46 AM
You sure?

Iíve had some pretty long waits in the PvP Breach queue lately. yeah i dont like breach, fighting minions at the ram, being stuck in a Game for 20 minutes with unbalanced team and Of course some People ragequit and gets replaced by a useless bot. I gone back to dominion.

Tareyus
10-29-2018, 04:17 AM
Because Revenge Attacks is still in the game. That Feat allows players to build up the Revenge meter by being offensive instead of defensive.

I'm talking about the heros who don't have that feat. I'm not that noobish at this game that I don't know that this feat exists.

Xil_h
10-29-2018, 05:03 AM
yeah i dont like breach, fighting minions at the ram, being stuck in a Game for 20 minutes with unbalanced team and Of course some People ragequit and gets replaced by a useless bot. I gone back to dominion.

Hahaha
Then you should proof you actually can play.
I have turned a lost game at the second gate with an almost destroyed gate.
Two of us were bots. So it was me and funny enough... A Shugoki player. We held them for so long that we were able to destroy the ram.

I won't go back to dominion.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-29-2018, 08:09 AM
Hahaha
Then you should proof you actually can play.
I have turned a lost game at the second gate with an almost destroyed gate.
Two of us were bots. So it was me and funny enough... A Shugoki player. We held them for so long that we were able to destroy the ram.

I won't go back to dominion.

I had this kind of experience as well. Two bots on our team nearly the whole game and me and this other guy were able to kill the commander. Both of us had like thirty take downs. The bots are stupid so I have no idea how we pulled that out of our hats.

Nestramutat
10-29-2018, 08:27 AM
Actually, the breach bots are good, better than some players even. They always go for the shield tribute, they always kill minions.
You want to learn how to play breach properly? Do it with some bots and watch what they do.

Xil_h
10-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Actually, the breach bots are good, better than some players even. They always go for the shield tribute, they always kill minions.
You want to learn how to play breach properly? Do it with some bots and watch what they do.

Yeah true.
And they follow you. For example I used the quick message go to healing zone and the bot moved, but it also stopped and returned to the Commander as soon an enemy was close by.

CptMatsumaru
10-29-2018, 10:04 AM
the breach bots faking more as some player.
breach mode will dont die for PvAI.

Sure, for ganking like dominion is breach uninteresting. its more PvE.

The revange system isnt broken right now. learn more to turtle by 1vs 2. its all and easy. (nobushi player)

I've noticed that the Dominion matches are even less balanced than before.
Now always a team dominates. Hardly a close match.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-29-2018, 05:35 PM
the breach bots faking more as some player.
breach mode will dont die for PvAI.

Sure, for ganking like dominion is breach uninteresting. its more PvE.

The revange system isnt broken right now. learn more to turtle by 1vs 2. its all and easy. (nobushi player)

I've noticed that the Dominion matches are even less balanced than before.
Now always a team dominates. Hardly a close match.

This hurt my brain.

MumfordDaHound
10-30-2018, 03:19 AM
I don't like breach much either. I find it dull and boring. Way to long, the minions are just really annoying and takes away from fighting each other. I play as a random most of the time and it can be a really really bad gaming experience, if you're playing vs a premade team it's even worse. I really do find it NOT fun 90% of the time. I want to like it but it's just like nails on a chalkboard board. I play valk most of the time and I hate that she only has assist perks... I'd like to have some offensive or defensive perks, they are forcing you to play one way..

chukblok
10-30-2018, 03:27 AM
You sure?

I dont think it will die either. Always very high pop and ive yet to wait longer than a min.

papa_joseph1
10-30-2018, 05:05 AM
I think the biggest problem with marching fire is how bad it hurt some of the heroes because of the way gear used to work, Law Bringer and Shugoki are both kinda screwed right now because i think Ubisoft does not playtest long term well enough, Lawbringer without regen and exhaustion recovery has made sure that he is gimped so hard that he can barely fight, forcing him to just hope his ganks work, and in turn made the bomb bringer load out more of a necessity then an option otherwise.....he's kinda a waste of a slot unless you want to play the full cancer loadout.

Big boi is in the same boat, marching fire broke the heavy and heavy hybrids for the most part, in the meanwhile this change made others much stronger because some needed no gear to be very useful, hell PK and Shaman are now just wreaking balls if left unchecked and game breaking if you get swarmed.

This seems to be the Ubisoft formula, take one step forward and take 10 back and then real back after the community gets upset.

Hormly
10-30-2018, 05:20 AM
Exactly.

I think the bigger issue here is that some people just need to take a deep breath and accept the realities of the world. As cool as Warlord might be, people really just need to accept he is basically just Conq's little brother, and that is the Warlord's destined role.

...it's true 😕

ChampionRuby50g
10-30-2018, 06:57 AM
You sure?

A game called Red Dead Redemption 2 came out.