PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Gear system (solving the gear reset problem)

The_Mensan
10-26-2018, 04:20 PM
Seeing how the new gear levels and refine levels and perks system are all designed as gear resets which is basically money grabs, Ubisoft is not understanding that they are losing money doing this. If you reset gears every season, you are ensuring players DON'T spend money maxing their gear nearly as often as they should. I have a solution that solves that problem for both Ubisoft and the player base.

Do not reset gears. Simply add a couple of LEVEL every season to all gears. So instead of level 30 gears now, you have level 35. You can make it costly to upgrade the gear, maybe 2000 steel per level. This feels similar to the old system except you KEEP THE SAME GEAR. It builds a sense of "achievement" and "bond" for the players and their gear. I don't feel like I am wasting my money upgrading them last season if I have to start from nothing this season to get top gear again.

The kicker is this.. You can literally make the cost the same as getting new gear. You can make each upgrade 5000 steel. That would still feel better because you no longer have to get new gear. It's a psychological effect. You want players to fall in love with their gear. Do you think players would quit if they have 200 bucks worth of gear in the game? No, they won't. On the other hand, by making their gear worthless every season, you give them an easy out. So many player got out of the game because you invalidated their previous investments. You don't hook someone by invalidating it... You hook them by letting them feel accomplished and then bleed them for more money (more gear upgrades).

The__MaGGoT
10-26-2018, 04:42 PM
I hate to say it man, but I'd rather neither lol.

Just want stats back, perks are garbo haha.

PepsiBeastin
10-26-2018, 04:46 PM
what the **** is this even about? did they say in the last warriors den that they were resetting gear or something? if not, why would you even suggest such a god-awful idea?

DefiledDragon
10-26-2018, 05:05 PM
Couldn't give a crap what they do with gear from this point. Aside from JJ, none of the perks are particularly useful to me. The craving to rep up my characters to improve their gear drops has departed. I know they wanted perks to be subtle differences and to be less "powerful" than tier 1 feats but I now wonder if they considered the fact that the perks are so weak as to be pointless?