PDA

View Full Version : State of Revenge

Ben.D.Nee
10-26-2018, 03:43 PM
How do people feel about revenge?

While the feature should incentivise against ganking, its effect has definitely been diminished since the launch of the game. Mostly due to unblockable attacks being more prevalent, players are rewarded for ganging up on single players and spamming unblockables. These must be dodged, so characters who are slower at dodging are indirectly nerfed from this development. While this helps with the turtle meta in 1v1s, it has the unintended side-effect of encouraging 1vMany, which is no fun at all, especially as a slower character. Revenge still is a useful tool, but the distribution of who gets revenge, and who doesn't seems to be skewed. I admit to not knowing the exact mathematics of how revenge is accumulated. So far it seems like my opponents get revenge from a simple GB whiff in 1v2 or 1v1 in Dominion or Breach, while as a heavy character I struggle to get revenge even in 1v3. I feel this is unfair, and it's made me uninstall the game a fair number of times. Of course it could just be my imagination, and everything is fine with revenge.

Either way, what are your thoughts on revenge? Do you find it mostly beneficial, or ruining your fun?

Ben.D.Nee
10-26-2018, 04:04 PM
I should add that it's not my imagination about not getting revenge. Maybe Im' doing something wrong, but I'm genuinely NOT getting revenge in 1v3, while everyone else is getting it easily. It's so unfair, I just want to lie down and cry.

Honey_Badgerik
10-26-2018, 05:04 PM
I've had similar experiences. The other day I was in a 3v1 where I parried 3 hits and got shoved around by a law daddy twice, then got gb and executed with no revenge before I died, granted I was playing Nuxia so my health was next to nothing. Yet in every gank where my team has the numbers the opponent will get revenge off of 1 block or a wiffed attack, and will often get it 2 to 3 times until his teammates show up.

Can anyone explain how revenge is accumulated in detail and what I am doing wrong?

Roseguard_Cpt
10-26-2018, 05:58 PM
The secret is to turtle even in 1vX, not just 1v1. The big thing about revenge that annoys me was a time when I was playing Nuxia with Revenge attacks and I was getting 1v2ed by a Kensei and another Nuxia. Somehow they both got revenge by the time I was to about 3/4ths meter. I don't know how the reenge gain algorithm works, but it was not kind to me. I think I may have recorded the clip, I'd have to go look through my clips when I get home

Blitzwarrior771
10-26-2018, 09:08 PM
The secret is to turtle even in 1vX, not just 1v1. The big thing about revenge that annoys me was a time when I was playing Nuxia with Revenge attacks and I was getting 1v2ed by a Kensei and another Nuxia. Somehow they both got revenge by the time I was to about 3/4ths meter. I don't know how the reenge gain algorithm works, but it was not kind to me. I think I may have recorded the clip, I'd have to go look through my clips when I get home

I have a question how good u are at turtling ? Can anyone use grabbing and succeed when u turtle or u deflect it ? Letís say I use revenge while u turtle do u go on the ground or not ? I see some players get knocked down and some standing as nothing happen when I use revenge is this normal ?

ytrecvbnm
10-27-2018, 11:53 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels everybody gets revenge except for me.

Herbstlicht
10-27-2018, 01:18 PM
Hm, I personally think revenge is in an ok-ish state. We should just standartize more stuff it works against. Like centurion can still beat you to the ground for example. When in revenge (at least in breach), let all those punches, kicks, etc. do nothing more then a hit stagger. You want to hit the guy, then use attacks. If not, just wait until it wears off. This way revenge would do more for giving extra time and breathing room and make it way stronger against people that spam attacks and let stay the player with revenge in control. To really play it safe, the attackers would just need to wait for it to war off or parry attacks from the revenge player.
Only thing to consider, is the relative difference in strength for the heros with revenge and in gank situations. Take Guan Dao vs Shinobi for example. Might be a little extreme, but where the big guy could fend of 4 Orochis with relative ease, Shinobi might be eaten alive by the same for orochis. Just some thoughts :3

Tareyus
10-27-2018, 04:25 PM
Revenge is **** right now. Everyone who plays 4v4s agree

Devils-_-legacy
10-27-2018, 04:51 PM
I have a question how good u are at turtling ? Can anyone use grabbing and succeed when u turtle or u deflect it ? Letís say I use revenge while u turtle do u go on the ground or not ? I see some players get knocked down and some standing as nothing happen when I use revenge is this normal ?
If your doing a deflect you can't be gb in the follow up as long as it's the heros actual deflect move.
Yes and no your ment to but you can save your team from hitting the floor by hitting your own team withan aoe or something

Helnekromancer
10-27-2018, 05:03 PM
With the insane amount of Soft Feints and unblockables the Wu Lin spam, Revenge isn't going to come, unless you magically get a parry off.

And even if you get Revenge all everyone does is back away and turtle at least all the high mmr people do.

You have to get the knockdown to even make use of Revenge.