PDA

View Full Version : Colors after update

Nonnius
10-26-2018, 03:07 PM
So I've not played For Honor in a while (a bit after the Warden rework) and I opened it today to try the new Siege mode.
Is it me or is there something off with the colors?
They look overly bright and saturated, like you accidentally raised gamma or saturation on a TV. I don't seem to have made any changes in my TV altogether, tweaking with the options doesn't change much.
Changing contrast on the options menu in the game doesn't solve anything either, colors are still overly bright and dark areas are impossible to see.
Is it because of Halloween? Is it a new change? Did you have a similar problem or notice a change at all?
Thanks

Roseguard_Cpt
10-26-2018, 03:15 PM
They did a graphics overhaul recently with the launch of Marching Fire. Reworked textures and increased the brightness

DefiledDragon
10-26-2018, 05:30 PM
As Roseguard said, they've reworked the textures and overhauled the graphics engine with the emphasis on the lighting. It's all about the propagation. I think they went a bit far with it tbh. The old lighting was moody and atmospheric. The new lighting is very even. Like the difference between a movie and a TV show.

Nonnius
10-28-2018, 05:34 PM
Thank you both for the answers.
I honestly liked it better before, but it's my personal taste: I dislike overly bright games in general.
I tried to set the contrast to the minimum and now it's more bearable and I'm getting used to it.

UbiInsulin
10-28-2018, 07:35 PM
If you want the changes explained in minute detail, this part of the Marching Fire launch livestream should have you covered: https://youtu.be/Fh2fW-JsDZg?t=5444 . (Link is to the US version of the video)

Nonnius
10-29-2018, 11:32 AM
Thanks, I'll be sure to check it!