PDA

View Full Version : Counter-kill move I did once and have no idea how to do again

orange_shotgun
01-24-2010, 09:16 PM
has anyone else somehow done a move where Ezio grabs an enemy from behind, pulls them down to the ground, then quite literally stomps on their face? I did it once, In Venice, and for the life of me I don't know how I did it or more importantly how to do it again. Help?

orange_shotgun
01-24-2010, 09:16 PM
has anyone else somehow done a move where Ezio grabs an enemy from behind, pulls them down to the ground, then quite literally stomps on their face? I did it once, In Venice, and for the life of me I don't know how I did it or more importantly how to do it again. Help?

Geinref
01-24-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm guessing that you have to be unarmed and either get behind them during a fight stance or throw dirt in there face and get behind them.

There are some cool looking combat animations when u are unarmed but you rarely get to see them since there are barely any moments in the game where you have to fight unarmed. Thats unless you choose to fight unarmed, but some badguys are hard to fight since they'll just counter your punches!

FoxMcKalen
01-24-2010, 09:41 PM
I've never seen that one. But since most counter-kills make special use of a particular type of weapon, I'd say a stomp is probably an unarmed move. But that's only my best guess.

orange_shotgun
01-24-2010, 09:54 PM
yea i was unarmed, but the thing is it was in the middle of a massive fight with like 5 people, and on one of those rare occasions when 2 of them were attacking at once. I tried to disarm one of them but ended up doing this move to some other guy who had his back to me somehow. I'm still working on this and its driving me insane!

Stonelaw
01-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Use a standard unarmed attack against an opponent in a staggering or panicking animation while their health is low enough that a single punch would normally kill them. That will initiate a finishing move. There are other ways as well, though not as straight forward.

Ezio's position in comparison to the opponent's determines which finishing move animation plays out.

jimbo11235813
01-25-2010, 04:10 AM
If you throw the enemy to the ground, then go behind them while unarmed, and press the attack button while he's getting up (about half way up) and you'll go through one of about four animations, including the one you found.

TreFacTor
01-25-2010, 06:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo_323:
If you throw the enemy to the ground, then go behind them while unarmed, and press the attack button while he's getting up (about half way up) and you'll go through one of about four animations, including the one you found. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Absolutely correct! Their energy doesn't have to be low either, they can be full health. You just have to be able to throw them to the ground and get behind them. There are also different animations for behind the enemies, but this is by far my favorite. I also like the one where he slices up the guys stomach with the Duel hidden blades, but that one to me is the most difficult to pull off.

nitres15
01-25-2010, 06:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TreFacTor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo_323:
If you throw the enemy to the ground, then go behind them while unarmed, and press the attack button while he's getting up (about half way up) and you'll go through one of about four animations, including the one you found. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Absolutely correct! Their energy doesn't have to be low either, they can be full health. You just have to be able to throw them to the ground and get behind them. There are also different animations for behind the enemies, but this is by far my favorite. I also like the one where he slices up the guys stomach with the Duel hidden blades, but that one to me is the most difficult to pull off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats easy just throw sum dirt and change to hidden blades nd attack

Black_Widow9
01-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm going to move this here-
Assassin's Creed Hints & Tips Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)

cowardsaresmart
01-26-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't want to sound cool or anything, but I'm pretty much an expert in unarmed battle (you know the 4 brutes near Sant Marco? Knocked out cold without a weapon) and this is simply when you get behind them, prefferably drop their weapon and make a semi-circle, they'll turn to take it, then attack and you'll maybe knock them down and break their nose.

I do not take any responsibility for serious injure as a result of this move.

Shep309
02-05-2010, 08:06 PM
The over the shoulder neck break is by far one of my favorites (of the hitting them while getting up moves)

Also, the choke slams you do are pretty sweet too, I seem to be able to pull those off more against those spear carrying guys than anyone else