PDA

View Full Version : Why is this game 30fps on console???

TangentGore3
10-26-2018, 10:18 AM
Ubisoft, how are you guys going to make a game that is all about frames 30 fps on console? It doesn't make any sense and it is truly unfair to us console players. I've been playing since the Alphas and I still can't get it past me. The game feels terrible with these frames. Any fast characters have the advantage because we can barely react fast enough to the attacks. Now I would love if you guys could read this and do something about it, but the fact that this game has been out this long and it still hasn't been fixed, you guys probably won't.

Saratoya29
10-26-2018, 10:32 AM
Sorry to break it to you, but the difference between 30 and 60 fps is 33 ms.

Get your console a wired connection, a wired controller, a good TV with a good game mode or better a PC monitor and you'll be fine. Or you can go and play on the superior platform that is PC.

DefiledDragon
10-26-2018, 10:46 AM
There will be a reason for it. They won't have limited the framerate on console just to spite console owners as many of them seem to believe. The most likely scenario is that they couldn't achieve a stable framerate at 60fps and elected to go with 30fps to provide a consistent experience and avoid hitching and stuttering.

Tundra 793
10-26-2018, 01:15 PM
If memory serves, Pope mentioned on a WD last year, that while it's not impossible to get For Honor to run at 60 FPS on console, it's very difficult and wasn't then something they were interested in doing.

So probably not gonna happen, ever. Sadly.

EvoX.
10-26-2018, 01:25 PM
You mean why is a game running worse on an inferior platform? It's like you didn't know you'd play games on the lowest possible framerate when you bought a console.

Roseguard_Cpt
10-26-2018, 02:53 PM
I can't personally think of any games that run at 60 fps on console, or at least, on PS4. Pretty sure the inferior hardware we've got prevents it.

Tundra 793
10-26-2018, 09:08 PM
I can't personally think of any games that run at 60 fps on console, or at least, on PS4. Pretty sure the inferior hardware we've got prevents it.

Battlefield 4 and 1, Battlefront II (maybe 1, can't remember honestly) and Doom are titles I've personally experienced that runs at 60. A lot of first party titles also do it, like Halo 5 and many of the Forza games.

Hormly
10-26-2018, 11:02 PM
Because consoles suck

Tundra 793
10-26-2018, 11:49 PM
Because consoles suck

Sounds like someone's jealous he doesn't get to play Red Dead Redemption 2 tonight ;)