PDA

View Full Version : aramusha is weaksauce..

Archaelion
10-25-2018, 11:45 PM
Top heavy hits for 25 damage. Some people do lights for over 20 damage. Just saying developers.

Archaelion
10-26-2018, 02:43 AM
And speaking of which, here's a light for 56: https://imgur.com/a/zVEWdys. More than double aramusha's heavy with 1/10th the speed.

#buffshugoki #makeshugokifatagain

Blitzwarrior771
10-26-2018, 03:34 AM
Because of double sword maybe double damage ?

Goat_of_Vermund
10-26-2018, 10:30 AM
But that top heavy is guaranteed on heavy parries, and the sides are 40, the finisher is 45. If he is weak, that is not because of the damage, his damage is among the highest.

Double sword doesn't mean double damage, you are putting way less force into the strikes with one hand. Especially since katanas are designed for two hands.

Archaelion
10-26-2018, 12:51 PM
Everyone has an attack that is guaranteed on parry, that's not special. That attack does 25 damage (as a heavy) which as the thread is saying is less than some character's light attacks. Furthermore, the move you are mentioning that does 40 damage is not guaranteed and easily blocked and parried by anyone even semi decent. It requires hitting the same spot and not changing direction which is easily predictable to start with and it's very slow considering the character. So with this in mind, we're back at 25 damage heavies and no way to open up turtles. He's just a weaker light spammer.

Siegfried-Z
10-26-2018, 01:02 PM
Everyone has an attack that is guaranteed on parry, that's not special. That attack does 25 damage (as a heavy) which as the thread is saying is less than some character's light attacks. Furthermore, the move you are mentioning that does 40 damage is not guaranteed and easily blocked and parried by anyone even semi decent. It requires hitting the same spot and not changing direction which is easily predictable to start with and it's very slow considering the character. So with this in mind, we're back at 25 damage heavies and no way to open up turtles. He's just a weaker light spammer.

Musha is not weak in terms of DMG.

Till end of S7 he was even fine in my opinion... i was doing really good with him (on console).

But now, they make him sooo slow... his infinite chain looks like he is OOS. They just kill him. His mix up has lost a lot of potential.. now he is weak.

Goat_of_Vermund
10-26-2018, 03:11 PM
His side heavy is guaranteed on light parries and wallsplat for 40, his top on heavy parries and guardbreaks for 25. As far as I know, that's second only to lawbringer's neutral parry punishes. I don't claim he is good, but his damage values are very good, and I think he is at least semi-viable.

Archaelion
10-28-2018, 06:41 AM
He just feels weak to play and his damage is low. He never gets any of those damage numbers you speak of in game. If you have them please show it in a pic vs a player--would love to see it. Devs please stop overbuffing wulin and buff the original cast. Aramusha doesn't even have a dodge attack............................

RexXZ347
10-28-2018, 10:21 AM
His side heavy is guaranteed on light parries and wallsplat for 40, his top on heavy parries and guardbreaks for 25. As far as I know, that's second only to lawbringer's neutral parry punishes. I don't claim he is good, but his damage values are very good, and I think he is at least semi-viable.

Slow attacks = easy parry = free enemy damage = aramusha easy death = useless hero. Even if you have 1 million damage if its going to hit for 20 secs. It doesn't matter. He is still useless. Unless you are fighting a brain dead enemy.

RexXZ347
10-28-2018, 10:22 AM
He just feels weak to play and his damage is low. He never gets any of those damage numbers you speak of in game. If you have them please show it in a pic vs a player--would love to see it. Devs please stop overbuffing wulin and buff the original cast. Aramusha doesn't even have a dodge attack............................

Try his light chain and heavy chain at the same time. They are of the same speed. Ubisoft should fire their testing team and intelligence team. They are also useless to the company.

SixAxe505
10-28-2018, 11:15 PM
I will try to post this in every aramusha topic so that people understand the changes and why they are bad.

Aramusha used to confirm 42 damage from a side heavy by chaining a top light. You still had to hit the side heavy, so either you got lucky or got a wall punish. Same as now, but you lose out on 2 damage which affects the bottom line of actually killing your opponent. The positive difference is now you have a better chance of executing your opponent with a side heavy instead of top light takedown. However in the grand scheme of things top light was an easy to pull of attack that can be thrown from neutral and over the course of a fight you would land more of those than you do side heavies so overall this was a direct nerf.

His infinite chain was never guaranteed against anyone who blocked top or side, only on those that tried to out attack you or dodge away from the combo. With the overall addition of basically 200ms onto the infinite chain, it has become impossible to chain link more than 2 hits. In fact you'd be lucky to even get 2 honestly. This has made aramusha a single hit hero, who in those terms doesn't do nearly enough damage to compete.

The short term goal was to make the deadly feint more reliable, but even with a 400ms window. It's an incredibly stamina taxing move to get too, considering you can't throw it from a neutral heavy feint. So after throwing 2, you are pretty much out of stamina and they only deal 20 damage. In addition to this the opponent can chose to simply dodge or throw a Dodge attack and the entire attack fails. It they did 25 or even 24 damage while having an un-dodgeable property then it would be good, but getting to the move from neutral is a problem considering the stamina use of feinting and what not to even land the first hit to even start the mix-up.

He needs a overhaul

AramenThePiper
10-30-2018, 04:30 PM
Cut l

He needs to access Twin Vipers and Push Back Kick from BB without blocking an attack first, his side dash attacks need to be sped up AND rendered undodgeable, he needs a dodge attack and, most of all, the ability to deadly feint his zone attack OR give him an opener, mabye a dash forward into kick which guaranteeds a light, therefore a chain starter.
Do this and he will get much more viable.

HerrNein
10-30-2018, 04:39 PM
Breaking news!

Instead of giving Shugoki or Aramusha a buff, they will in fact be removing Shugoki's hyper armor and giving it to Orochi instead.

Archaelion
10-30-2018, 04:50 PM
Where did you hear that?