PDA

View Full Version : Events have a problem

Seeroftruths
10-25-2018, 09:17 PM
So with this event coming out I learned a couple of things

1) Old Grind-able rewards do not comeback

2) The Event did not wait until the Newest heroes are available for every one

Each on of these is a problem and here is why

Some people like me try to get every possible thing on every possible person, I know its stupid but when its an option we do our best.

but I'm very cheated, last event I just could not get a complete set for Aramusha and Shaman, I grinded as much as I could, used 45,000 steel and around 50 loot crates.
I already felt punished for not having enough free time to give to this game then I learned that, I wont get another chance.

Now I also learned that because I don't have the money for Marching Fire I am severely hindered I'm my ability to grind for their gear.

This has actually made me more angry then anything else this game has done... bad balance, I can manage. the absurd price of some things, Enough time and it wont matter.
Literally losing on a thing because I just couldn't manage to be have enough free time even though the event is repeating.

If this was like a one time event, I would probably understand, I would still do my best to try to complete my list.
This is the second time we're seeing this even (I know it has a different name, it is the same event)

something has to change here, at this rate I wont have the time to grind for everyone especially the Wu lin

I wouldn't mind about point 2 if point 1 wasn't a thing.
If you are going to give us recurring events, make the event loot recurring too. I don't have the time this time around, do to family issues, I might only be able to complete some people and for me that is really discouraging and makes me kinda just want to leave the game.

It wasn't the Balance that beat me.
It wasn't the average Grind
It was the Events and how they are handled that convinced me to quit a game I have been playing for so long.

Please don't make feel like I can't enjoy this game because I didn't have the time.

OoKaMi_79
10-25-2018, 11:35 PM
I have the same main feeling about not being able to grind all the loots for all the heroes (shaman and aramusha were not yet realeased in the first Halloween, so we don’t have the outfit, ornament and effect).

I’m happy that they are bringing new stuff this year but they should make the old stuff available again. After a match give us the opportunity to get the old outfit, ornament or effect for aramusha, shaman and any other char that is missing it, that will allow us to complete the 18.

If masks stay after the event I think event Emotes should stay too...or at least after a year of its first release (in this I’m asking to leave available howling to the moon forever).

@Seeroftruths....I also understand that Wu Lin are not yet available for everyone, i will suggest you to work this week in the 18 as much as possible and leave the other week for the Wu Lin once you can buy them with steel.

They should bring the old stuff again for the events....I was hoping to see how they was going to handle this Halloween event as it was the first we got, and it is disappointing. I was not able to play in the time of Apollyon’s event and I was hoping that I would have another chance to grind all that stuff when it comes again (if it returns)

Ubisoft....you already worked on all those models...Why should they be removed?....just bring them back...it won’t be for free....we will play the game during the event and there will be people that can invest real money for steel....it is a win / win deal for you.

berserker7331
10-26-2018, 12:01 AM
I felt cheated when they rerelease the werewolf emote. I bought 4 of those last halloween event. When ubisoft says this is a one time emote/item only, it should be one time and not rerelasing same item. It devalues it and makes my grind pointless if new players can have it.

DefiledDragon
10-26-2018, 01:51 PM
You're not supposed to grind. You're supposed to buy steel packs and use the steel to scavenge gear.

Soldier_of_Dawn
10-26-2018, 02:28 PM
Champion Status increases the loot rate. That is better than nothing.

Roseguard_Cpt
10-26-2018, 03:00 PM
The idea of onetime event gear is to give it value. If you see someone running about with the Pulled Under Effects you know they've been here since at least last Halloween. As berserker7331 said, "When Ubisoft says this is a one time emote/item only, it should be one time and not rereleasing [the] same item."
Would I like to have Pulled Under for Nuxia? Heck yeah. Will I get it, no, and I'm fine with that as it makes having it on my other characters more valuable.

Xil_h
10-26-2018, 03:03 PM
Champion Status increases the loot rate. That is better than nothing.

Didn't help much yet

The_Mensan
10-26-2018, 04:00 PM
Ubisoft, please realize that people don't like missing out on things... Please bring the old grindable gears back for last event. Stick it in a package so the people who want it bad enough can buy it. What's the harm? The grinders enjoyed it for a full year, it never became grindable, so you did fulfill the promise of it being an one-time event item... But you should still allow people to buy it. This is a game, you want to make money and get new players. Let people buy it so the game can stay afloat. The pull-under effect and the old grindable weapon/armor, all should be obtainable by steel.

DefiledDragon
10-26-2018, 05:09 PM
Ubisoft, please realize that people don't like missing out on things... Please bring the old grindable gears back for last event. Stick it in a package so the people who want it bad enough can buy it. What's the harm? The grinders enjoyed it for a full year, it never became grindable, so you did fulfill the promise of it being an one-time event item... But you should still allow people to buy it. This is a game, you want to make money and get new players. Let people buy it so the game can stay afloat. The pull-under effect and the old grindable weapon/armor, all should be obtainable by steel.

Would the be along the lines of the DFS summer sale that continues through autumn, winter and the following spring? If it's "one time", it's one time. That time has passed and the gear is no longer available. The end.

Scrubnubloard
10-26-2018, 05:12 PM
The idea of onetime event gear is to give it value. If you see someone running about with the Pulled Under Effects you know they've been here since at least last Halloween. As berserker7331 said, "When Ubisoft says this is a one time emote/item only, it should be one time and not rereleasing [the] same item."
Would I like to have Pulled Under for Nuxia? Heck yeah. Will I get it, no, and I'm fine with that as it makes having it on my other characters more valuable.

This guy gets it. It gives it value, if you can get it anytime what's the point if the event.

Seeroftruths
11-01-2018, 12:59 AM
I like the fact this has started a conversation...
At first I was mad knowing that I tried as hard as I could during the summer event and used everything i could but still could not get the things.
and they did not give us as much time to grind for the Wu lin

Now I'm upset because I am having a family crisis (Cancer in the family) and cannot play as often as before.

I now have to accept that I cannot get much this time around and that I missed out on a chance to get nice things in a game I like because Liver cancers Is horrible.

I know it's not their fault That this happened and I'm partly upset about the whole situation.

I personally feel that they handled events poorly, don't drop new heroes and event's at the same time.
They are not really giving us a chance if life throws us a curve ball... I want to enjoy this event and I can't,

Why does this have to be another thing cancer is taking away from me?

Seeroftruths
11-02-2018, 08:46 PM
I hope that at some point they change this, so life can't ruin a good event

All they need to do is make everything recurring, if the event is a recurring event.
Then if somebody is having an issue stopping them from playing as much they know that maybe they will get it next year.

It kinda feels like I'm being punished for something I can't control.
No other game that I play does this and I understand why.