PDA

View Full Version : What will you do after getting the game.

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm gonna install it, activate any codes I have, and get the Copernicus DLC(it is released on release day right?) and then play.

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm gonna install it, activate any codes I have, and get the Copernicus DLC(it is released on release day right?) and then play.

davo1270
11-09-2010, 09:09 PM
lol, not much to say in this thread

i guess ill do the same as you

jlorence
11-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Change my underpants.

SolidSnakeMat
11-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Face palm of a post but yeah buy at gamestop bring it home unwrap it see if the codes are in it put them in already downloaded the Copernicus dlc so just install that do any installations of the game and play it for 7-10 hours straight.

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah it's not much of a thread, but hey, just passing the time 'till release.

lilbacchant
11-09-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm gonna bury it in a time-capsule until December, 2012.

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilbacchant:
I'm gonna bury it in a time-capsule until December, 2012. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Seems pretty reasonable.

davo1270
11-09-2010, 09:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilbacchant:

wats the point, ACIII will be out by then lol

lilbacchant
11-09-2010, 09:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo1270:

wats the point, ACIII will be out by then lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but this way I won't have to wait two years between the, presumably, cliff-hanger ending of AC:B and AC3.

NewBlade200
11-09-2010, 10:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo1270:

True, but this way I won't have to wait two years between the, presumably, cliff-hanger ending of AC:B and AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually I read somewhere that the ending made Nolan North go: WTF?! So we'll most likely get a big cliff-hanger http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 10:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:

True, but this way I won't have to wait two years between the, presumably, cliff-hanger ending of AC:B and AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually I read somewhere that the ending made Nolan North go: WTF?! So we'll most likely get a big cliff-hanger http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or Nolan North is easy to confuse.
Neither possibility would surprise me.

As for the OP, I'll do what I always do.
Install (with everything I can DL for free - I have Codex Edition for PS3), start playing, finish story, sleep.
I'll take breaks to get food, but I'll eat during cutscenes. I'll take breaks for any necessary bodily function except sleep, but I'll keep them as short as possible.

Did it for AC1, did it for AC2, doing it for Brotherhood just makes sense.

Gryphion
11-09-2010, 10:44 PM
More interesting would be to know if you people would go through the single player or start owning the multiplayer?

I'll probably focus mainly on the single player and occasionally check the new stuff(modes, customizations, characters) in the multiplayer.

Forloc
11-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Probably Die

lilbacchant
11-09-2010, 10:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I'll take breaks for any necessary bodily function except sleep, but I'll keep them as short as possible.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the great thing about coffee cans: its contents help you stay awake, and once it's empty, it's available to prevent having to leave the couch for those other breaks.

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 11:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I'll take breaks for any necessary bodily function except sleep, but I'll keep them as short as possible.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the great thing about coffee cans: its contents help you stay awake, and once it's empty, it's available to prevent having to leave the couch for those other breaks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Unless you have a sense of smell...
Or trouble handling the taste of coffee.
Or, like me, both http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Bottles of energy drink it is! Resealable!

SWJS
11-09-2010, 11:16 PM
"SQEEEEEEE! I HAS ACB! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif" *installs game and enters codes* *plays until I drop*

lilbacchant
11-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Unless you have a sense of smell...
Or trouble handling the taste of coffee.
Or, like me, both http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can still smell and taste after 36 hrs. of no sleep?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Bottles of energy drink it is! Resealable! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can still get your [bleep] to go into that little opening after 36 hrs. of no sleep?

(Hmmm, apparently I need to be drinking even stronger coffee.)

DeafAtheist
11-09-2010, 11:24 PM
I'll likely go to bed earlier than usual on the night before so I can get up early enough to receive a package by 9 or 10 AM in case it comes that soon. But with my luck it probably won't come until after 5 PM.

When the package arrives I'll open it up and put the disc in my 360 and immediately install it to the hard drive. While waiting for it to install I will look thru the art book, check out the Harlequin JITB, the map of Rome... etc.

Once the game is installed I will enter the code for the Harlequin MP character. Then I'll jump on multiplayer for a little bit and try a few games of each available mode on each available map. Then I'll switch to single player and play that until I need a break from it then I'll switch back to multiplayer for awhile.

I might possibly pull an all-nighter because I won't be able to play on Thurs-Sun due to being away from home helping my mom move to a new apartment so I'll want to play it as much as possible before I leave on Thursday.

Hopefully my 2nd copy of the game will arrive before I leave on Thursday and I'll be able to enter the code for the Officer MP character. If it doesn't arrive by Thursday I may have to make other arrangements for the package.

When I get back from the long weekend at my mom's I'll return to play the hell out of it. Will probably play little else until I've gotten 100% on the single player game and most if not all of the achievements.

AubreyWilborn
11-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Man, I've had my system of what I'm gonna do planned out since May.

My preparations for ACB are gonna start...a month and a half-to two months before I get the game(whenever that will be). I'm gonna re-play, and "re-beat" AC1. Then I'll do the same to AC2. Then, hopefully, by the time I "re-beat" AC2, I'll have gotten ACB. I'll jump right into ACB-beat the singleplayer, then jump into multiplayer.

That is "zee plan"...

glenneey
11-09-2010, 11:58 PM
After i pick up my codex edition:
1. Get a nerdgasm
2. Get all DLC's(with the code thingy's)
3. PLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPL AYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAYPLAY
4.Die from ultimate nerdgasm soo hard i explode

CamoDawgzz
11-10-2010, 12:11 AM
I won't be able to play it till the afternoon. I would take the day of, and i am, but its not because of AC:B. I'm going to see a movie in Gold Class. Then come back for ACB. School next day then Weekend where i will sit in my room the whole time.

bokeef04
11-10-2010, 02:35 AM
I'll pick the game up in the morning, play it most of the day till i have to leave for training, then prob spend the whole time at training trying to replicate Ezio's moves(last week was trying to remember what disarm's Ezio uses against seekers for a friends showmanship drill involving a naginata)

Chariflame
11-10-2010, 04:47 AM
1. Receive Codex Edition and proceed to freak out for about 20 minutes.
2. Calm myself down to do a quick unboxing video.
3. Proceed to ignore all duties I may have to spend my weekend infront of a TV.
4. Freak out some more.

salted onions
11-10-2010, 06:23 AM
1. Pick up Collector's Edition at around 5:30pm.
2. Stare at it in awe as I drive home. Hope I don't hit any cars.
3. Get home, take the game out of the box, quickly but carefully open up the game, place into Xbox 360's disc tray.
4. Install into hard drive.
5. Open and close Jack-In-The-Box repeatedly and giggle.
6. Look through art book.
7. Scream when the game is installed.
8. Load up the game with my face looking like this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
<STRIKE>9. Then I get the red rings and cry for weeks.</STRIKE>
9. Knock on wood.
10. Play the game.
11. Die happy.

Blackglasswar
11-10-2010, 06:58 AM
1. I will have to phone home to see that it was delivered.
2. I will have to wait until Monday to get home and play it
3. I will have to stay up until midnight playing it.
4. I will hav to work EVERY day whilst the pixels of Rome sit waiting in my PS3
5. I will continue my project legacy lunch time stacking
6. I will waste away through lack of proper food and water... surviving on beer and doritos wont do

RanceSali1
11-10-2010, 09:18 AM
1)After school,go to Gamestop to get game.
2)Open it up.
3)Download the Harlequin.
4)Download Copernicus DLC.
5)Redeem 70 UPlay points.
6)Play.

SlimeDynamiteD
11-10-2010, 09:28 AM
After getting the game I'd obviously beat it xD
And then cry because I went through it so fast.
And then realise! WAIT!! WE GOT A MULTIPLAYER.
And then kick you guys' asses.

realgangsta213
11-10-2010, 09:57 AM
I'll first off stare at it for 1 minute then realise that i can't hold my breath much longer, then open ac2, open my second playthrough and finish the last mission because i intenionally stopped there for the release date so the events carry on straight from there. I will not install it on the hard drive because it would make me wait 30 minutes which i can't take!!! i don't care so much about the codes i can instal them later but i'll probably install the helmschmied armour first. I'll also buy the gun belt upgrade from uplay and other stuff and then just play non stop

itsamea-mario
11-10-2010, 10:01 AM
well, when i get the game i thought i might give smashing the disc in to exactly 1000 pieces a try.
and if that goes well i might listen to some gangsta music whilst dstroying my ps3 with a baseball bat.

AnthonyA85
11-10-2010, 10:59 AM
1. Wait until late Febuary/early-mid March to get my copy of the Codex PC version.
2. Install it. (while reading all the bonus stuff like the cards, map and manual)
3. Activate the special codes.
4. Play the game.

Ruscris
11-10-2010, 11:15 AM
1. Get it from the shop.
2. Unbox the game.
2. Have a nerdgasm.
3. ********* on the disk.
4. Lick it.
5. Insert the disk in the CD Tray.
6. Play it.
7. [20 Hours later]Play the last mission.
8. Suicide.

DeafAtheist
11-10-2010, 11:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ruscris:
1. Get it from the shop.
2. Unbox the game.
2. Have a nerdgasm.
3. ********* on the disk.
4. Lick it.
5. Insert the disk in the CD Tray.
6. Play it.
7. [20 Hours later]Play the last mission.
8. Suicide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugh dude that's not appropriate image for these forums.

DeafAtheist
11-10-2010, 11:27 AM
In my original post I forgot about Uplay. I currently have 160 Uplay points to use so I'll definitely download the Hellequin and probably the the gun upgrade from Uplay, and possibly some other stuff as well before playing.

cless711
11-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Just so you guys know. The ps3 exclusive DLC is out already o.o. http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/3401014198 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3401014198)

Assassin-Saiyan
11-10-2010, 11:47 AM
1. Pick up the game from the store
2. Watching it in the line for about five minutes before people get angry.
3. Ride home as fast as I can, sparing no one who stands in my way.
4. Open the chest with the game while drooling in the XXXl cup I'm holding in my hands.
5. Start the PS3 and install the game and download every free DLC possible
6. At the same time start the 360 with AC 2 and finish the last mission.
7. After completing AC 2 I'll turn of the 360 and join the brotherhood.
8. After 30+ hours of gaming, peeing in a coffee-can and drinking every can of energy drink, drop dead and not wake up until 2012.

notafanboy
11-10-2010, 11:47 AM
when i get it iŽll play it (duh)

Pattington_Bear
11-10-2010, 12:38 PM
erm, well I'll hit it with a large metal hammer. That will be my heavy weapon experience.

MCB280
11-10-2010, 02:07 PM
1. fake sick so i can stay home (i mean i know things all ready that have a point)
2. GO to EB games in Australia East Maitland with a giant grin
3. get the CODEX EDITION
4. get home
5. install game and get codes
6. go online and get DOWNLOADS FOR CODEX
7. START UP THE GAME
8. Pass out from over expose to AWESOMENESS and EPICNESS

E-Zekiel
11-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Not entirely sure. I can't take that day off work because Tuesdays are the days where I'm heavily relied on.

In terms of what I do when I start playing....I'm torn. Honestly don't care all that much about multiplayer instead of single player, but at the same time, I would like to level up and get a good number of powerups, that way i'm not at as much of a disadvantage.

I actually really dislike the way they did the powerup system and leveling and all that. I much preferred Red Dead - where you get the extra uber weapons as you level up, and better mounts and all that...But there was an alternate way to get them. You could do hideouts in free roam for those extra weapons, and you could kill players on the uber mounts and steal their mounts. (more often I just killed their mounts though to stumble them, then finish them while they're down)

Oatkeeper
11-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Im gonna struggle with the Day 1 patch becuase for some reason my new PS3 dakes several tries before it actaually loads patches all the way.

It took me 6 tries this morning for the Scott Pilgrim DLC, and thats less than the usual amount of tries with is usually between 15-30.

It did the same thing for the Botherhood beta as well. &gt;_&gt;

but then I wil enjoy All the game has to offer. Might go for the VR missions first chance I get though.

piercedthrough
11-10-2010, 03:18 PM
All i got is the regular edition with Harlequin dlc..little disappointed that i couldn't get codex edition but WHATEVER! Game's gonna be so epic that's not gonna matter

LaCava1
11-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately, Tuesdays (and Thursdays and Saturdays) I have karate class, but I'll try to skip it.
1.After school, I will go home.
2.Pick up the package from GameStop on my doorstep.
3.Replay doing the exact same with my pre-orders of AC1 and AC2 in my mind.
4.Walk to my basement... And my (not to brag...) 62 inch tv.
5.Insert AC: B.
6.Play game while eating chips and drinking... Okay, I admit it, probably lemon Nestea, because it's so addicting.
7.Skip karate.
8.Beat campaign.
9.Be late to school.
10.Repeat from step 4, excluding #7 on Wednesday and Friday.

BK-110
11-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm gonna unbox the great Codex Edition, stare at the collector's chest a bit, take out the Codex and look through it (and of course stare at the art), then I'll look through the multiplayer cards (and stare a bit at those, too). All this while installing the game and downloading the DLC. :3