PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki extremely weak in breach

Honey_Badgerik
10-24-2018, 07:43 PM
I have a rep 12 shugoki and he is one of my favorites but I simply cannot play him in breach. Unfortunately I feel he is now the worst character in the game as every single Wu Lin character counters him hard. But it's more than that.

The breach maps are huge so a slow shugoki is already at a huge disadvantage for defending points and assisting teammates. Also the maps don't have too many environmental kill opportunity which shugoki thrives on.

What's worse is shugoki ability to take points and kill minions. It takes two heavies from shugoki to kill a single full health pikeman. A light and heavy combo will leave the minion alive and let it counter attack by the time shugoki recovers from his heavy attack. This will break the shugoki HA and cause him to take 20% more don't from other attacks, including pikeman. Compare this to the JJ who can kill minions in 3 sweeping light attacks or get a full kill with a light heavy combo.

The point is shugoki don't feel like a powerful tank that crushes people with large attacks but a squishy, fat, slow, and vulnerable goof. Can we ask for some changes quickly. I know Ubi had said a full rework is coming but we need something in the meantime. How about a small buff to his numbers.

I propose boost his movement speed to put them in line with JJ. Then remove the +20% dmg received without HA entirely, and make his light heavy combo kill a single minion. This would at least help him a little until the rework.

TSCDescon
10-24-2018, 09:32 PM
This is true. I don't really agree with the increase movement speed considering Shugoki is a point holder. Teammates need to come and assist you, but that's unlikely going to happen in low skill play.

Lord_Cherubi
10-24-2018, 09:32 PM
I actually enjoyed playing Shugo as a defender, he has the health pool of a Skyrim mammoth and with the ability to hug minions and captains for health he's pretty much immortal. Even if im left alone against multiple opponents i usually manage to hold them off until backup arrives, making their push very slow.

As an attacker i haven't played him and im not planning to, the reason being what you just said, he's a fat slob 😂 I like to be able to escape if i feel im about to die and waste a respawn ticket but as we all know this isn't an option for #SadShugoki :/

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-24-2018, 10:42 PM
Without his HA on shugoki has an assassins health pool. For some reason his block and parry don't line up well after the update and I'm also missing easy blocks on JJ. I stared playing other games more since the update because shugoki blocks/parries feel off. I don't play spam characters anymore cuz, well, they are the cancer of this game. I was going to play JJ but people are saying he is way op and u don't want to be another "that guy"...you know the one... The one that picked up Berzerker after he was reworked.

Blitzwarrior771
10-25-2018, 01:38 AM
I think jj movements are glitched there need to be patch soon to fix this . I see so many questionable movements and parry and even after I perform execution. Falling trough the map , characters coming back to life after they are killed without resurrection .

Gianturion
10-25-2018, 07:33 PM
Shug main here (almost rep 15). I kinda disagree,his stamina is manageable,just don't throw out heavies like a madman (same thing goes for Lawbro) and you'll be fine. Also,he can grab the Guardian AND the King. I agree that he deserves buffs tho,he's slow af,make him faster ffs and remove that +20% more damage when HA is down.

Illyrian_King
10-25-2018, 07:44 PM
I don't main him, but I guess his main weakness is in 1vs1.

In ganks he is pretty useful, when the right people play him.

TSCDescon
10-25-2018, 10:13 PM

Even in 4v4s he's only good because of his DE for kill secure. Charge heavy? Anyone with a decent brain can just dodge back to avoid it.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-25-2018, 10:28 PM
Hi honey badger... I think we played shugokis in dominion on Xbox one game a while back. I remember cuz I sent you the caption of us winning the game. The orochi revived the centurion and I did a charged heavy to the centurion while the cent was in inactive standing revive mode which killed him. You executed the orochi and at the end of it you did shugokis mic singing/hand waving in the air emot at the same time I did shugokis muscle flex emot and it kinda looked like we were highfiving.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-25-2018, 10:49 PM

I'm a rep 56 shugoki and I don't play any other character anymore but I still wouldn't say I main him because I know I could straight up murder people alot faster and more efficiently if I played my previous post rework main Valkyrie...but... she is what she is now.

Hormly
10-25-2018, 11:10 PM
He's S tier at the buffet though