PDA

View Full Version : Will For Honor ever be an Esport?

Baggin_
10-24-2018, 05:05 PM
Pretty much the title. I would love to try to compete.

MuscleTech12018
10-24-2018, 05:15 PM
You want to see another exploited tournament or what ?:))

SpaceJim12
10-24-2018, 05:24 PM
No

Baggin_
10-24-2018, 05:42 PM
You want to see another exploited tournament or what ?:))

It's not like that now.

Illyrian_King
10-24-2018, 05:43 PM
It is on the right way but the balance still lacks a lot.

This has to be fixed, and then I don't see any other obstacle.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-24-2018, 06:29 PM
As long as there is stupid mechanics where we can get heavy of the GB, answer is no. If For Honor was a tv show it would be called Game of Cancel.

CandleInTheDark
10-24-2018, 07:26 PM
I believe they now have the game mode for it in breach if it is something like best of five with a duel to decide who chooses which side they run first and last if it goes to five. But first they need a few things, spectator mode, a round of reworks and I would say at least one large scale meta related patch which they have indicated they are working on.

They are lot closer to it than they were a year ago, the only other hindrance that I see is For Glory stopped acting as a competitive hub recently, someone else needs to pick up the slack there to get teams interested and involved.

Nokhchalla
10-24-2018, 07:26 PM
Not with this crappy balance, thats for sure.

DefiledDragon
10-24-2018, 07:34 PM
I believe they now have the game mode for it in breach if it is something like best of five with a duel to decide who chooses which side they run first and last if it goes to five. But first they need a few things, spectator mode, a round of reworks and I would say at least one large scale meta related patch which they have indicated they are working on.

They are lot closer to it than they were a year ago, the only other hindrance that I see is For Glory stopped acting as a competitive hub recently, someone else needs to pick up the slack there to get teams interested and involved.

You really think there's an audience for it? People who will sit and watch players killing minions for two and a half hours? I can't see it. I imagine the mode would be as boring to watch as it is frustrating to play, but that's just my opinion. If the OP is asking if it will ever be an e-sport in the same way that SF and Tekken are then no, but I do think that Ubisoft share your belief that Breach will be their way in to the e-sports scene, I just happen to disagree.

CandleInTheDark
10-24-2018, 07:39 PM
You really think there's an audience for it? People who will sit and watch players killing minions for two and a half hours? I can't see it. I imagine the mode would be as boring to watch as it is frustrating to play, but that's just my opinion. If the OP is asking if it will ever be an e-sport in the same way that SF and Tekken are then no, but I do think that Ubisoft share your belief that Breach will be their way in to the e-sports scene, I just happen to disagree.

Having seen the crowds for League of Legends and that teams can make their living from playing it, yeah, I believe it draws that crowd.

Hormly
10-24-2018, 07:54 PM
That ship has long since sailed. Enjoy the game for it is, an amusing mess 😄

DefiledDragon
10-24-2018, 08:16 PM
Having seen the crowds for League of Legends and that teams can make their living from playing it, yeah, I believe it draws that crowd.

The LoL crowd will stick to watching LoL. FH will either draw its own crowd or not and I reckon it's likely not. Be interesting to see what develops if they do decide to push it that way though.

Mia.Nora
10-25-2018, 09:48 AM
There is no way LoL crowd would be drawn to this.

Having been playing both LoL and FH, the tension those 2 games have are way too different. Most problem is based on FH promotes inaction/avoidance at the moment of engagement, which is the opposite in LoL.

Breach gameplay time majority is spent on running around and killing minions, which would be already boring to watch is probably intolerable now with current basic animations.

CoyoteXStarrk
10-25-2018, 10:04 AM
No it will not. The game is changed too often and there are too many bugs, exploits, and inconsistencies.

Now if they actually addressed the major issues like the light attack spam and finally got around to fixing the Defensive Meta then MAYBE, but as it stand right now? No.

Klingentaenz3r
10-25-2018, 11:37 AM

There were always tournaments out there. Go and look for them. Maybe you can register for some and try that out.

THEskarth
10-25-2018, 12:16 PM

me too. i think for honor is on the right way. but they should rework the weaker classes (shugo, nobu, pk ) right now.

RexXZ347
10-25-2018, 12:17 PM
Unbalanced game. Exploits. Bugs. Super factiosn. Don't think twice. It's a big NO.

SpaceJim12
10-25-2018, 12:22 PM

I can't understand people, who find Breach frustrating to play. It's so better than Dominion.
Or you think it's not frustrating to clean minions on B, while deathball hunting your teammates one by another?

THEskarth
10-25-2018, 12:24 PM
Unbalanced game.

Okay – a little bit.

Exploits. Bugs.

What exactly do you mean? I have no problems (Diamond / Master Level)

Super factiosn.

What do you mean by that? O_o

Baggin_
10-25-2018, 01:39 PM
There were always tournaments out there. Go and look for them. Maybe you can register for some and try that out.

Yeah, I know there are tournaments. Only reason I posted this is because they are building an Esports arena in my hometown. Hopefully the devs can see the feedback from this thread to see what they need to do in order to make it there.

This is the only game I've ever been really good at, (I made it to diamond V only using Aramusha on pc) so I'd love to compete at high level and see where I stack up.

CandleInTheDark
10-25-2018, 02:40 PM
The LoL crowd will stick to watching LoL. FH will either draw its own crowd or not and I reckon it's likely not. Be interesting to see what develops if they do decide to push it that way though.

There is no way LoL crowd would be drawn to this.

Having been playing both LoL and FH, the tension those 2 games have are way too different. Most problem is based on FH promotes inaction/avoidance at the moment of engagement, which is the opposite in LoL.

Breach gameplay time majority is spent on running around and killing minions, which would be already boring to watch is probably intolerable now with current basic animations.

You misunderstand me, I don't think the people who watch LoL now will switch games by any means, what I mean is the people who would watch an esport but might not be into MOBAs might well watch For Honor for the combat and medieval siege fantasy.

And you both bring up minions, sure there is some amount of minion killing, there is also a clear objective in all phases, the potential for battles around the banners, the potential for a big set piece battle around the Guardian (and having watched LoL tournaments the battle around the neutral NPC started a buzz of noise as soon as it was initiated) and the battle around the Lord. Breach is a lot more than kill the minions.

DefiledDragon
10-25-2018, 03:48 PM
I can't understand people, who find Breach frustrating to play. It's so better than Dominion.
Or you think it's not frustrating to clean minions on B, while deathball hunting your teammates one by another?

I play Tribute more than Dominion these days and while I do agree with you that Breach is a vastly superior game mode to Dominion in terms of it's objectives and atmosphere I find the act of constantly hacking at minions to be tedious. It wouldn't be so bad if clearing them gave you some respite, but within about twenty seconds another wave is upon you so you basically find yourself fighting off literally endless waves of minions. There have been numerous times where I've cleared a group of minions, then got into a fight with somebody and halfway through the fight I'm being prodded in the back by yet another wave of spear wielding zombies that have spawned out of nowhere and I just find the whole thing tiresome. When I first played it during the open test I loved it, because it was something different, but as I've played it more and more the constant, endless waves of zombies has whittled away my enthusiasm for the game mode. To people who enjoy the mode, more power to you, but it's not for me.

SpaceJim12
10-25-2018, 05:08 PM
I play Tribute more than Dominion these days and while I do agree with you that Breach is a vastly superior game mode to Dominion in terms of it's objectives and atmosphere I find the act of constantly hacking at minions to be tedious. It wouldn't be so bad if clearing them gave you some respite, but within about twenty seconds another wave is upon you so you basically find yourself fighting off literally endless waves of minions. There have been numerous times where I've cleared a group of minions, then got into a fight with somebody and halfway through the fight I'm being prodded in the back by yet another wave of spear wielding zombies that have spawned out of nowhere and I just find the whole thing tiresome. When I first played it during the open test I loved it, because it was something different, but as I've played it more and more the constant, endless waves of zombies has whittled away my enthusiasm for the game mode. To people who enjoy the mode, more power to you, but it's not for me.

Unfortunatly, on PC it's too long to looking for Tribute match.
As for Breach, I think it's a matter of strategy. For me Breach is always in motion. I cleared minions and goes to the archers zone, or stop guys with banner, or help to kill defender etc. So, I never stop at one objectives, cause it's so much to do. Just try not to focusing on one side of process, and I think you will learn how cool and complex Breach are.=)

DefiledDragon
10-25-2018, 06:05 PM
Unfortunatly, on PC it's too long to looking for Tribute match.
As for Breach, I think it's a matter of strategy. For me Breach is always in motion. I cleared minions and goes to the archers zone, or stop guys with banner, or help to kill defender etc. So, I never stop at one objectives, cause it's so much to do. Just try not to focusing on one side of process, and I think you will learn how cool and complex Breach are.=)

There's already a discussion about minions in Breach, I don't want to hijack this thread.

No, I don't think FH will ever be an e-sport. There, back on track :)

Knight_Raime
10-25-2018, 06:17 PM
Unless they hunker down and make the big changes needed for it to thrive in a competitive setting no. We are also lacking basic features for this like spectator mode and a proper training room.

TSCDescon
10-25-2018, 10:36 PM
I can go into a VERY LONG explanation. But the short version is NO IT WILL NEVER BE AN E-SPORT.