PDA

View Full Version : Arcade is disappointing

Jazz117Volkov
10-24-2018, 04:13 PM
More than a year ago I was playing a better PvAI mode just frigging around with the custom match settings.

Why arcade is bad?

No player control.
Constant (and long) load screens.
Randomly piss easy or stupidly difficult.
2 player limit.

A 4 player survival mode would have been amazing. And arcade was originally announced as an "endless PvE mode" which makes this even more frustrating. Take any of the 4v4 maps, let the players pick the enemies, either by faction or individual, or random for both/either, then fight until a score is reached or you've lasted a set amount of time. "Quest tiers" would decide AI level and survival duration / score limit. At the end a random extraction would appear in the map. The difficulty could escalate. But that's the general idea. And none of these random nonsense modifiers that section off entire branches of the gameplay or contrive some obnoxious scenario.

Why is everything in this game forcing me (the player) away from the parts of the game that are actually good. I want to enjoy the "art of battle" with two or three friends. Why does every mode have to make this an impossibility? It's unbelievably frustrating. I just want the good bit of the game, easily accessible, in multiplayer, without a mountain of bullsh!t caked over it. You'd think it would have been the first mode added to the game. The core gameplay with friends against bots + a few win lose variables. It's literally the most obvious thing to do.

I'm feeling pretty disappointed with Arcade. A much better mode would have been easier to implement. This is very frustrating.

Velentix
10-24-2018, 07:36 PM
The thing that irritates me is giving gear an actual damage/defense purpose in this mode, nothing like taking on an epic lvl quest with grey gear only to have your opponents do more damage with their lights than a standard heavy attack. Arcade was supposed to be a challenge I thought. As in skill based, not gear based.

Brutal_DaDo
10-24-2018, 10:17 PM
Just for fun i played the legendary quest with a grey gear hero and gladiator almost one shotted me with a light 😂

Plutonium Bug
10-26-2018, 12:01 PM
I sort of like it. As I would enjoy PvAI content anyway and often turned matchmaking off.
But WTF some challenges are ridiculous.
On highest tier a beserker that is always in revenge mode that deflects and parries lights? Fight a lawdaddy and a fat chinese dude with regenerating shields and health without hud??
And then you get a match against a raider that you can just throw in a pit within a second?
But the gear thing annoys me the most 1st match ever went with a grey gear in the gold mode and got litterly oneshotted by a deflect of a shinobi in the first 3 seconds this happend 4 more thimes in a row and then I decided to swap as this is not a challenge this is litterly impossible.