PDA

View Full Version : For MOBA (Wu-Lin)

Roseguard_Cpt
10-24-2018, 03:56 PM
I've been playing with the new characters and have all but Tiandi to rep 1, almost 2 and I couldn't help but notice something.
Breach is a MOBA mode, and the Wu-Lin are MOBA characters within it. I wont go super in depth about how MOBA's work, but;
In MOBA's you have a couple Laners, people who push through the objectives,
Off Laner, person who handles the left lane or side lane.
Support, person who bounces about to help Laners and Offlane.
Jungler, handles the in between and focuses on picking off players or covering a side for a second or two if the person dies, often jumps in to disrupt team fights but usually lurks in the jungle area to farm.
Now apply this to the Wu-Lin.
Jiang Jun, Laner, or in this case Rammer. Inspires Minions at ram, lots of stam to help farm enemy ram minions, gives various buffs and can tank in team fights.
Tiandi, Off Laner, or in this case Ramparts. That kick was meant to ledge. Change my mind. Also has a self heal (Life Leech, T3 feat) to help him work the offlane minions longer and also help survive until the support arrives.
Shaolin, Support. Various teleports to help him bounce about to help his team. Tier 3 AOE heal for Qi stance moves.
Nuxia, Jungler. Farm minions to get feats, pick up all of the buffs, pick off solo targets, disrupt team fights. This aided by Deadly Duet (increase damage on solo people). Caltrops to help farm minions. Thread of Fate helps to secure a pick as the person can't run. Infection forces the enemy team to separate.
If you're more into MOBAs, feel free to berate me for my over simplification.
Just sorta thought of this while playing earlier,
RGC

Roseguard_Cpt
10-24-2018, 04:01 PM
Also, the Jungler usually has an ability that usually lets them avoid having to return to base to heal. *coughing* Nuxia has Regenerate as a T4 Feat *coughing*

MuscleTech12018
10-24-2018, 05:16 PM
Breach has nothing to do with MOBA, get real dude.

Roseguard_Cpt
10-24-2018, 06:00 PM
While it doesn't follow a standard 3 lane format such as the one outlined by DOTA or LoL, it feels heavily inspired and stylized based off of the MOBA concept, though adapted into the World of For Honor. While perhaps not a MOBA mode it is very "MOBA-like" if you will.

Devils-_-legacy
10-24-2018, 06:04 PM
While it doesn't follow a standard 3 lane format such as the one outlined by DOTA or LoL, it feels heavily inspired and stylized based off of the MOBA concept, though adapted into the World of For Honor. While perhaps not a MOBA mode it is very "MOBA-like" if you will.

I dont see it as moba-like but each to his own

Lord_Cherubi
10-24-2018, 09:42 PM
It's not exactly a MOBA but i've always thought that even Dominion has middle lane that you have to "clear" of minions similiar to MOBA games.

And if you didn't think about LoL or DOTA the first time you saw a Guardian, you haven't played either of those :P

Vordred
10-25-2018, 12:30 AM
it definitely takes some inspirations from moba's, but also really isn't one. the objectives are different for both teams for a start.