PDA

View Full Version : Nobushi Buff?

Erhanninja
10-24-2018, 02:44 AM
Is there any love coming her way? If nothing in the short term Iím gonna quit this game for good.

After gear changes she is even in a worse place. I run OOS after throwing 3 heavies or 4 lights and it takes literally forever to recover my stamina. Itís not about stamina management. You canít manage something you donít have. Literally 3 attacks and Iím out while others can throw 20 attacks.l have to turtle most of the time instead of fighting now. This is ridicilious. Yeah each hero has a role now my role is reviving and running fast.

Let me give you another example how bad it is. People can dodge backward from my second light. I land first light and they have free time to dodge back from second light. Does this ever happen to any other hero? Even worse aramusha can do full block stance on my second light!! I feel like Iím playing the game in slow motion with 600ms top lights while everybody is like out of a Chinese action movie. This is crazy...

Iím aware there are also other heroes that need some love...

I think they could distribute and share all that moveset instead of creating Chinese faction.

SpaceJim12
10-24-2018, 09:29 AM
OOS now is a problem for everyone, unfortunatly. For characters like Nobu and LB the best way to play now is a passive style.

But yes, when I saw JJ grandpa moves, I think it's like superior version of Nobushi.

Xil_h
10-24-2018, 09:35 AM
JJ's Hidden Stance clone is superior.
His lights are so fast for a weapon similar to the Naginata But waaay heavier...
More and more my lights get parried, forcing me to turtle and counter for little bites of damage.
The kick is trash as it lacks hyper armor. Every follow up attack or quick light slaps you out of it....

Blitzwarrior771
10-24-2018, 12:08 PM
nobushi got the best range and it cause bleeding I donít think itís weak

Xil_h
10-24-2018, 02:04 PM
nobushi got the best range and it cause bleeding I donít think itís weak

That says nothing about balance.
PK is considered very weak and has bleed.
Berzeker has the shortest range and is considered almost broken.

She is sitting on under 50% win rate for a reason. And that's even before the warden and valkyr rework and before the Wu Lin and before the perk rework..

Fairemont
10-24-2018, 03:13 PM
Nobushi is insanely difficult to play well. You have to know literally every combo in the game. Once you do, you can abuse hidden stance, swift recoil, and various other techniques. Her counter attacking game is absolutely brutal, but the amount of time you have to invest to get to the point where you know exactly how to react to everything and what you can get away with when is off the charts. She is rather powerful as a character and doing much to her could make her super broken in a positive or negative fashion.

Other than that, forum mods have indicated several times in the past there is no intention right now to do anything to Nobushi.

Roseguard_Cpt
10-24-2018, 03:15 PM
@SpaceJim12
Was playing passive not the only way to play LB and Nobu to begin with? In my experience I've always had to turtle, regardless of stats. An easily parried character is still an easily parried character. Regardless of gear or perks

SpaceJim12
10-24-2018, 03:35 PM
@SpaceJim12
Was playing passive not the only way to play LB and Nobu to begin with? In my experience I've always had to turtle, regardless of stats. An easily parried character is still an easily parried character. Regardless of gear or perks

I mostly said it in regard of stamina management.
Yes, as Nobu you can't just throw lights, you should wait for a good moment. I really like Nobu and her fighting style, but after all reworks and Chinese guys she really need something. A lot of characters now need something.
Unfortunatly devs failed with their "year of reworks". After all, we have only 6 fair reworks. And it's not enough with the limits, which chinese showed us.

EvoX.
10-24-2018, 04:26 PM
Nobushi is insanely difficult to play well. You have to know literally every combo in the game. Once you do, you can abuse hidden stance, swift recoil, and various other techniques. Her counter attacking game is absolutely brutal, but the amount of time you have to invest to get to the point where you know exactly how to react to everything and what you can get away with when is off the charts. She is rather powerful as a character and doing much to her could make her super broken in a positive or negative fashion.

Well said. The issue lies with the fact that Nobushi's skill ceiling is extremely high, probably the highest of all characters, but to reach that ceiling you have to be willing to sacrifice way more time and see results later than any other hero in the game. She's far from someone who can be viable with mediocre or even above mediocre time invested. A lot of players are not willing to go that far, they'd prefer a more reasonable ratio of time:results, and that's understandable, but buffing her as she is now would be like navigating through a minefield.

As it is now, if someone wants to take Nobu into above average matches and win, he simply has to go all the way with her. Either that or drop the character entirely.

Not that I'm against a Nobu buff - I was before, but now I realized it might be fun to see people realize just how strong her kit is when it gets even stronger and start freaking out.

Erhanninja
10-24-2018, 06:29 PM
Yes Nobu isnít easy to play.

When people say keep your distance how exactly do you do that? If I fight against a Zerk his attacks reach me and my attacks reach him same when we parry each other so how to keep distance? Nobu doesnít have heavy HA while stepping back like HL.

Her punish game is strong? How do you punish enemy? As far as I know parrying. Nobu does 36 top heavy max damage from parrying. If Iím not wrong Kensei does 26 light damage and Warden and HL does 45 heavy damage. They nerfed her damage saying itís too much mind you. You can say she has bleed you can get extra damage. Yes sure you can. But you have to apply it first. All her bleeds are light attacks. Probably easiest lights to parry in this game.

Kensei has better range and arc than Her. Nobus side attacks doesnít catch anybody else except the target. Kensei catches me nearly behind him even though Iím not the target. Similarly put 3 people in line and Raider zone will catch all of them. Nobu zone doesnít.

Her dash attacks doesnít cover any distance at all. While others go Flash Gordon across the map.

Then HS yeah itís good and cool. Lets see JJ has superior of that. Actually everything he has is superior. His stance takes a safe distance back doesnít cost any stamina at all if not minimum and recovers stamina and can be done OOS. While NoBu HS takes half of my stamina doesnít dash back and stops stamina regeneration 3 seconds. It doesnít even work most of the heroes now because they either have HA or light attack spam.

Worst thing is her top direction. Itís litetally useless. 600ms lights. She is still fighting even worse than season 1 tools coz she got nerfed so many times. While others get 500ms dash attacks and 400ms light attacks. How is this balanced?

I have no choice but to turtle with these changes. Iím not saying gear changes are bad but some heroes are really in bad spot. Now good luck turtling against instantly direction changing UB attacks.

Oh my dodge attacks doesnít dodge anything or doesnít catch anybody but New heroes can dodge into dodge into dodge with 50/50 direction that can hange instantly.

What Iím trying to say is yeah you have to be skillfull. But when other player is half decent or even just at same skill with me I have to work ridiculously hard literally.

You canít race against a Ferrari with a Prius saying you need to be a good driver.

So many things unbalanced now even more than before.

Itís not just me saying Nobu is in very bad place right now. Even best streamers say the same thing.

Fairemont
10-24-2018, 08:14 PM
Hidden Stance is still a superior defensive tool to Shifu stance due to guard break resistance. It does lock stamina and takes about 15-20% stamina to use it, but there are only a handful of things that it is vulnerable to, and Shifu stance is vulnerable to them and more.

EvoX.
10-24-2018, 09:30 PM
It’s not just me saying Nobu is in very bad place right now. Even best streamers say the same thing.

Like who?

Fairemont
10-24-2018, 10:19 PM
The only streamers I’d take serious on Nobushi thoughts are Alerniken (or however it is spelled) and MrMedium

Erhanninja
10-25-2018, 02:33 AM
In my opinion the best Nobushi ever was Pain0 but he quit long time ago. Then we have Mr.Medium yeah he is good there is also his friend NoahC. He has a whole video explaining why Nobushi is in a very bad state. This isnít your average guy. One of the best Nobushi players out there.