PDA

View Full Version : About new heroes, balance, future For Honor.

Kievanson
10-23-2018, 09:29 AM
Hello devs.

First, I want to say thanks for the Breach game mode. Its awesome! And also for the new heroes armors. They are cool.

Second, allow players to quit the game if they see that they are played against Chinese heroes!

Everyone knows that new heroes are unbalanced. Why should we suffer playing against them? And what will happen next week when new heroes appear in free access? It will be a nightmare!

Do something or you will lose a huge number of players, and the rest will only play on Chinese heroes. This is the future of the game that I see. Sorry, I know you put a lot of effort into the new update, but this is true.

KotoKuraken
10-23-2018, 09:57 AM
The Wu Lin aren't really unbalanced, you just haven't learned how to counter them. You need to learn their movesets first before assuming they are OP

Tiandi -- can be grabbed early into his dodge heavy and can easily be lighted out of it as well by anyone. Considering his entire kit revolves around dodging, it's very easy to get a gb on him frequently

Jiang Jun -- can be grabbed during his dodge heavy or even lighted out of it.You can backdodge away from his unblockable and not be hit, and he still can't reach you if he feints into a light or gb. His zone only comes from one of two sides; your left if he's from neutral, or from your right if he is in Sifu. He can also be grabbed on his way to Sifu and can be hit out of Sifu because there is no guard in it. On top of that, anyone in the roster can light attack him out of his hyperarmor heavy, since his hyperarmor doesn't come in until 650ms into the attack

Nuxia -- you can light attack her out of her trap, so you can basically just lightspam her to win. You can also dodge attack, do a bash, etc. Lots of stuff to bypass her traps simply by being offensive

Shaolin -- his teleport which goes into kick; the light that comes after is not avoidable, but the unblockable is. You can dodge around that for a free gb. He also takes extra time to get into Qi stance, so you can usually interrupt them from going into it quite a lot. They also have to keep a light heavy light heavy chain going if they want to infinite spam you, and you can just wait and see what they do from Qi stance when you see they have entered it.

I'm not saying the Wu Lin are easy to deal with, but they have a LOT of vulnerabilities that make them pretty manageable. I'd even go to say JJ is a predictable discount Kensei, Shaolin can mess up easily, and Tiandi/Nuxia mostly rely on lightspam to win

Oddyseus-
10-23-2018, 11:01 AM
@Koto Tiandi being able to be guard broken at the start of his dodge is something every hero is vulnerable to other than raider, so I don't know how he's any more special. Jiang Jun can be GB out of his heavy... also just like any other hero in the game. I'm also sorry, but not everyone here has the reaction time of 400ms not accounting the 100ms guard switch built into the game, reducing the reaction time even further down to 300ms basically. Not everyone here as ungodly reaction timing and if Ubi is going to nerf old content heroes like Aramusha so it's 'easier' for newbies then explain the Wu Lin.

Saratoya29
10-23-2018, 12:25 PM
@Koto Tiandi being able to be guard broken at the start of his dodge is something every hero is vulnerable to other than raider, so I don't know how he's any more special. Jiang Jun can be GB out of his heavy... also just like any other hero in the game. I'm also sorry, but not everyone here has the reaction time of 400ms not accounting the 100ms guard switch built into the game, reducing the reaction time even further down to 300ms basically. Not everyone here as ungodly reaction timing and if Ubi is going to nerf old content heroes like Aramusha so it's 'easier' for newbies then explain the Wu Lin.

If you are too slow, maybe fighting games are not for you.

Syn.ASUR
10-23-2018, 02:42 PM
Sure wu lin has vulnerability but their are not a lot of heroes to punish them. Since stamina management is pretty much buried in ground. OOS is the new screen and turtling is only option left. With gank situations where orochis just lighy spam to death. Itís very hard to be punish gankers

MCC_goes_wild
10-23-2018, 03:28 PM
for me there is one single hero and this one is rly..mh.. not op but orochis light spam is frustrating and its no fun play against human bots spamming **** light atacks ONLY!!!! those bastards need to be reportet, so they are only able to ballte vs real bots just for those light spammers to get better and learn this hero how to play!

so give us a vote system for players(pos.- and neg.-way)!

stop light spamming by implement only two light in a row are allowed(cause of chains) and if u will use it third time ull lose all ur stamina after 3rd light is spammed. its rly needed for those light spammer human bots cause this is no fun anymore and i cant block all of the spam and wait to get the 2nd enemy on me and so on this is braindead ****, thx!

Blitzwarrior771
10-23-2018, 11:24 PM
Yeah how can I call out Wu Lin when you got orochi and aramusha who spams u to death or centurion an ***

Hormly
10-24-2018, 01:37 AM
If you play from the OG roster I'd say either change with the times and buy a wu lin or just take a break until things are balanced

Oddyseus-
10-24-2018, 02:00 PM
If you play from the OG roster I'd say either change with the times and buy a wu lin or just take a break until things are balanced

If you payed $60 for I don't know, say a controller. and it wasn't working you wouldn't take a break from it or buy a new one, you'd go to the store and demand it be fixed or get another, better one.

Hormly
10-24-2018, 03:51 PM
If you payed $60 for I don't know, say a controller. and it wasn't working you wouldn't take a break from it or buy a new one, you'd go to the store and demand it be fixed or get another, better one.

Then enjoy complaining for the next 8-12 months while they collect data

Erhanninja
10-25-2018, 03:55 AM
Iím literally on the verge of quitting this game or giving it a long break as well. I feel like Iím playing this game in slow motion while others well... literally out of a Chinese action movie.

They havenít solved any of the big problems within the game but added even more. Now balance gap between heroes are even bigger. Does anybody really have patience to wait another year so they can fix things...

RexXZ347
10-25-2018, 12:22 PM
Lol. They nerfed aramusha for newbies but they introduced the super chinese factions that counters every OG heroes. That's balanced for ubisoft. Lol

The_B0G_
10-25-2018, 01:54 PM
But hey, at least catapult got nerfed into oblivion lol I used it the other day for the first time with my LB, wow, you could launch a heavy attack and still get out of the way in time.

Not saying a nerf wasn't needed, but it's useless now. A 4th feat for killing minions. I think a better option would have been keeping the speed, lowering the damage or AoE zone.

CandleInTheDark
10-26-2018, 12:43 AM
Everyone knows that new heroes are unbalanced. Why should we suffer playing against them? And what will happen next week when new heroes appear in free access?

The same thing that always happens (and I've been around here since day one, reddit since not long after)

People will spend 15,000 steel thinking it is their turn, they will find out that they are not a new easy mode once they run into people that bothered to learn how to counter them, a good many will go back to their pre marching fire mains, some of those who don't will start calling for buffs.

The new heroes may make you need to think differently, but spend some arena time as and against them, spend time in hero tactics to learn possible mixups to look out for and as has happened with every dlc before them you will get out it what you put in.

Fairemont
10-26-2018, 02:43 PM
If my trash-tier self can reliably defeat the new heroes with Nobushi, no less, then anyone can. They aren't that bad. JJ is the only one that I still struggle against and its mostly because I haven't gotten parry timings down yet. Once I do I will likely defeat him more than I lose since he doesn't really have anything going for him.