PDA

View Full Version : This... is too much.

Nestramutat
10-22-2018, 11:53 PM
Been playing this game since day one and had to deal with all the imbalance the game brought, but this... is simply too much.
They indirectly nerfed the old hero roster by nerfing the feats (activate revenge, knock everyone down, catapult, and they simply stand up and dodge the catapult...; bombs are simple minion clearing tools), the stamina consumption for most of the old heroes bar assassins is simply a joke, gear is all but fuc.ked up... and then, they release this hero roster of flying monkeys.
I get it, you need to make money. But for the love of China, have some ****.ing decency. You pissed all over your old customers only to bring in some new people who will most likely leave in a month at most when they see this game has but a handful of viable heroes, out of so many.
Needed to vent this. Never have I seen such a company that resembles so much a corrupt political party.

yfkutfui
10-23-2018, 12:02 AM
good to get it out brother, unfortunately you'll now have to listen to all the sanctimonious duelist ***** telling you to git gud and how gear stats suck, and how staring is so much better than actually doing anything, skill blah blah blah etc etc etc.

Blitzwarrior771
10-23-2018, 12:28 AM
You can practice in arena 🙄

Helnekromancer
10-23-2018, 12:39 AM
The messed up part is most of the new players they are trying to attract will get bored of this game pretty fast because there is no progression. Leveling up your hero used to mean something because you could make them stronger with gear, now you are leveling up to look pretty. Simply looking pretty isn't enough for players especially new ones to stay with a game. What you see is what you get, so if someone really like a Hero who is B-C tier well that B-C tier isn't going to get any better for them if they stick with it. It also doesn't help that RDR2 is right around the corner, and will most likely eat up most of the playerbase of other games.

If they really wanted to fix the Revenge issue all they had to do was remove the Revenge Attack/Defense/Duration/Gained stats just like they removed Running Speed, Feat cooldown reduction, and Throw Distance and the problem would be solved and to go another step get rid of the Revenge attacks feat all together so getting revenge would be something players had to really work for. The new gear system made bad heroes worse and made the Chinese heroes very appealing since all of them had some sort of way to deal with Stamina, especially Jiang Jun.

Velentix
10-23-2018, 12:43 AM
I agree, with the progression problem, especially since I honestly don't like any of the reputation outfits, or most any of the outfits at all, feels like a kid got into the paint and stamps. now you just play til you get the nicer looking gear and done.

insanepoetry
10-23-2018, 09:37 AM
all this crab is 100% intentional on ubis side. get the money from people that bought the weak *** expansion, for those that did not, force them to buy it or try to force them to buy steel to unlock the way better new heros. i thought ubi was better than that.... hope the money grab was worth it, your gonna lose alot of your player base

THEskarth
10-23-2018, 09:41 AM
Why so much hate? In general, the addon an the ne chars are great. The Wu Lin are strong, but not nearly as OP as Centurion was at the beginning. Sorry you write here out of sheer frustration. You can not be taken seriously.

Select the class you are struggling with in training mode and learn to play against it.

XxHunterHxX
10-23-2018, 12:24 PM
This is why i stoped playing for months and they dont care during the beta and alpha we told them about servers and people hiding behinde shields and they didnt care and when they changed the guard stance from actualy having a heavy wepom to rubber axe still didnt care this is why the guy who came up with the game ideea of this game left

VasQ_PL
10-23-2018, 02:03 PM
How to fight against that oponnent when PK have lower stamina, Oroichi have slower moves etc. I understand that they want to sell more games for new clients but why our cost? They want to show to new players how wonderfull is FH and new season (new warriors) but they ruin chance when new has faster moves and higher stamina. I play only PK and season by season they changed stamina, damage and moves,
always changing to lower parameters. For what?

Syn.ASUR
10-23-2018, 02:29 PM
The worst part is the stamina cost is ridiculous 2 fient mixup oos get parried twice OOS. Turtling is only option now. I play cent, pk, shaman, raider, valk, glad, aramusha. But all of them go OOS so quickly i just quit playing this game, but like an idiot i still check forums for something they fix just coz i love the game

Knight_Raime
10-23-2018, 09:29 PM
Long time beta player here. Marching fire has had the opposite effect of what you're saying on me.
it's revived my interest in the game again. I had a bland/negative look on some of the heros.
But after fighting them and messing around with them i've grown to like all of them. Not just Shaolin.
Breach mode and the new perk system has opened up a new way for me to play. As I mainly only dueled due to how bad 4v4 always was.
Perks bring roles to the table (sort of) which I like a lot. And minion clearing/objectives besides guarding a static -give me points- point is as fun to me as fighting other players in breach.

I've simply let go of my feelings about how I would love the game to be. And my feelings on the old roster always playing catch up.
It's frustrating to lose to a better hero for sure. But i've learned to re embrace that part of fighters. Of course I will always want and welcome improvements to any hero.
But mostly letting go of my old self and ideals for the game has really helped me embrace the game for what it is. And I think if people can't manage that nothing the devs do will ever make the game fun for them.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-23-2018, 10:35 PM
It is definitely too much for a casual player. Every few months there are changes that require you to learn your hero again or there are new heroes which you have to learn just so you can fight them on a basic level.

For most gamers, there is simply not enough time to dedicate yourself to this game alone, just in order to be really good player. I wish there was more casual mode for me just to relax after long day but there really isn't one and that is part of frustration when they removed gear stats.

For hc players, game is probably still pretty good and I can understand some of their points about the balance. But for casual player who just wants to have fun and enjoy some medieval skirmish, For Honor is one of the worst games you can get.

Blitzwarrior771
10-23-2018, 10:43 PM
Long time beta player here. Marching fire has had the opposite effect of what you're saying on me.
it's revived my interest in the game again. I had a bland/negative look on some of the heros.
But after fighting them and messing around with them i've grown to like all of them. Not just Shaolin.
Breach mode and the new perk system has opened up a new way for me to play. As I mainly only dueled due to how bad 4v4 always was.
Perks bring roles to the table (sort of) which I like a lot. And minion clearing/objectives besides guarding a static -give me points- point is as fun to me as fighting other players in breach.

I've simply let go of my feelings about how I would love the game to be. And my feelings on the old roster always playing catch up.
It's frustrating to lose to a better hero for sure. But i've learned to re embrace that part of fighters. Of course I will always want and welcome improvements to any hero.
But mostly letting go of my old self and ideals for the game has really helped me embrace the game for what it is. And I think if people can't manage that nothing the devs do will ever make the game fun for them.

You got more expirience then me , is it possible to defend every single attack ? Jj Rep 04 he deflected every single attack I think this is too much a player with 0 experience to do this . He attacks and imideatly he defend incoming attack . I suspect that people use cheats .

Knight_Raime
10-23-2018, 10:50 PM
You got more expirience then me , is it possible to defend every single attack ? Jj Rep 04 he deflected every single attack I think this is too much a player with 0 experience to do this . He attacks and imideatly he defend incoming attack . I suspect that people use cheats .

There was a time when that was possible yes. And i'm assuming that by defend you're referring to react. But there has been a slow but steady increase in adding things that have to be dealt with on read. So these days no. you can't react to everything.

UbiInsulin
10-23-2018, 10:55 PM
Been playing this game since day one and had to deal with all the imbalance the game brought, but this... is simply too much.
They indirectly nerfed the old hero roster by nerfing the feats (activate revenge, knock everyone down, catapult, and they simply stand up and dodge the catapult...; bombs are simple minion clearing tools), the stamina consumption for most of the old heroes bar assassins is simply a joke, gear is all but fuc.ked up... and then, they release this hero roster of flying monkeys.
I get it, you need to make money. But for the love of China, have some ****.ing decency. You pissed all over your old customers only to bring in some new people who will most likely leave in a month at most when they see this game has but a handful of viable heroes, out of so many.
Needed to vent this. Never have I seen such a company that resembles so much a corrupt political party.

I can confirm that I've seen requests for Feat changes from users on these forums on a regular basis, so I'd like to think that those changes were at least partially due to user feedback. The perk system was introduced for the reasons we outlined in the Patch Notes (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-336363-16/patch-2010):

With Perks, we want to:

Bring Transparency to the impact of gear on the fight
Make sure the effects of gear can be reacted to
Narrow the gap between high and low level players
Have Gear synergise with Modes, Feats, other Perks and Teammates
Create effects that complement different playstyles

This also lines up with some feedback we received, although I understand that plenty of people have issues with the execution of this system.

If the impact of these changes was too severe for some heroes, then it's certainly possible that further changes will be made. It was not part of a push to get people to buy Marching Fire for the Wu Lin heroes. New players likely wouldn't understand the nuances of the balance changes that you mentioned, but they may find the idea of Arcade Mode or Breach appealing, or think the Wu Lin look cool.

SpaceJim12
10-24-2018, 09:56 AM
I should agreed with Raime here. I hated For Honor couple months ago. Me and my friend returned again last weekend. Yes, Chinese guys looks little bit overpowered, but they beatable for sure. Now we played only Breach, this gamemode returned atmosphere and all fun into the game. We started to play For Honor just cause we were a huge funs of medieval fencing and atmosphere. But after a year game had almost nothing in common with fencing or atmosphere. In Dominion, of course. Gear stats broke balance, made playing on different heroes difficult and grindy.

Right now the game feels nice. I so in love with Breach and it's maps. I play on Centurion again and even can kick chinese asses sometimes. Yes, there are still enough problems, some hero need rework asap. We experienced good amount of lags while playing. But with perks, new armor sets, new gamemmode...I can say I really like For Honor again.

P.S. There are so much to do in Breach, that even toxic players now don't have time to spam emotes above your dead body.=P

ShameWizard
10-24-2018, 11:59 AM
i agree with pretty much everything in this post, i'm not the most die hard for honor player, i'll play it for a while disappear for a few days then come back, but even i've noticed that all the old heros i used to play are just garbage now, some assassin or hybrid heroes are just op and the new heros seem to be designed for this system making them difficult af to play against. I know the old system wasn't great, but at least if you spent time playing and progressing a hero you were rewarded for it with better stats and you could put them towards how you played revenge, stamina etc, these new perks are just a bti all over the place in my opinion, tbh if they left the perks alone this would have been the best for honor update since the launch of the game, just a bit disappointed and frustrated that all the effort and time I put in was basically for jack diddly squat.......

RexXZ347
10-24-2018, 01:24 PM
I can confirm that I've seen requests for Feat changes from users on these forums on a regular basis, so I'd like to think that those changes were at least partially due to user feedback. The perk system was introduced for the reasons we outlined in the Patch Notes (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-336363-16/patch-2010):

This also lines up with some feedback we received, although I understand that plenty of people have issues with the execution of this system.

If the impact of these changes was too severe for some heroes, then it's certainly possible that further changes will be made. It was not part of a push to get people to buy Marching Fire for the Wu Lin heroes. New players likely wouldn't understand the nuances of the balance changes that you mentioned, but they may find the idea of Arcade Mode or Breach appealing, or think the Wu Lin look cool.

just bring back the pre super faction mechanic. Before wu lin this game is good. Only balance is the problem. Now, the perk system is a ****ty mechanic. It's better that we have the gear stats and add the perk system at the same time.

wolfman25br
10-24-2018, 01:27 PM
its a dificult game to balance. But its getting there.
I love the gear changes, I miss more perks to use regards minions due to their protagonism in breach mode.
Make my goki good again and will be somewhat close to perfection.
Congrats to UBI!