PDA

View Full Version : Marching Fire Feedback

SpaceJim12
10-22-2018, 05:32 PM
Well, it has been two months without For Honor. I have my reasons to stop playing and I posted them all in other thread.

But, here we are, in the biggest update for the game since launch. I really hoped Marching Fire would be the thing that will save For Honor. And yes, it's need saving, even if some players think everything alright. Can Marching Fire be savior of the FH? Well, yes and no.=)

Let me review my thoughts on every new and changed aspects of the game. I spend my weekend mostly with FH. Some things need deeper view, for sure, but let's call it "first impression".

New gamemode "Breach"

Somebody could say, that major part of the update is new heroes, but I think Breach is more important, than Wu Lin. Why? Siege mode is something, which players waited from first week of For Honor. All threads in Suggestion section, hundreds of ideas how this gamemode should work. Players waited for something huge, more atmospheric, and epic. Let's be honest, Dominion looks like medieval stabbing in the neighborhood. And feels the same. =_=
First of all, Breach is good. Breach have better atmosphere, then any other gamemode. The objectives in Breach all makes sense, and last stage with fortress king require full concentration in both team. Yes, we still have players who ignores objectives, but now it’s not mean deathball massacre. I played ten games in Breach, and I don’t see any disbalance there. I win as attacker and win as defender. If you think attackers weaker, than defenders, just try to play smart. Yes, this gamemode harder with random team, but I hope MM will never matched full premade with team of randoms.
In conclusion, Breach is a breath of fresh air. It’s complex, interesting, atmospheric. Maps are cool, all this different levels feels nice. I hope this gamemode will not die same as tribute. And, btw, there are really good amount of rewards. With Champion status, I have 2-3 levels after every match.
Sure, deathball happens in Breach. But it’s not a superior tactic. I remembered game, where my teammates fights against four enemy around ram. Meanwhile, I took all archers zones and…cauldron. My only enemies were creeps and captains.
Breach is a biggest reason to play For Honor right now. If devs can develop this in the right direction, this will help to bring new players every month.

New Perks system

Personally, I love it. I still can’t say how it’s affect the game overall, but now I can’t do a thing on my LB.=) Stamina always empty and my damage and defense smaller.
I can understand why people mad about perks. First of all, it’s a huge loss in time and steel spent. I didn’t spend a lot for gear stats myself. Most of my steel wasted for executions, effects, visuals etc. As for those, who lost a lot steel on gear states, this game-as-service and this type of games always wipe out some old stuff. It’s the only way to make game more friendly for newbies. If you think, that Ubi try to make you pay twice, think again. Perks are so additional, you could forget about them easily. Just use best of visuals and relax. Sure, if you for some reason want best combination of perks, you need spend some time. But I really don’t think it’s so necessary.
For those, who cry about characters now all equal without gear stats, stop it. Now overall system way more friendly to new players and this is what you should be proud. For Honor desperately needs new blood, new players across all platforms. And Ubi finally made a right step to this direction.
With perks the gear race over, You could relax, play and use the visuals you want without huge punishment.

Wu Lin heroes

Well, I personally don’t like them. Not cause their OP or something. I just don’t like Chinese fantasy heroes and all this dance theme. I don’t like to hear all this comments on Chinese language (“Poi po po” teleported Monk). But new characters not a bad move. I still think Ubi should make more attention to old cast. Made two new armor sets for all Y1 characters, for example. Still, new characters is something players needed same as Breach gamemode. China is not bad theme for faction, but still there a lot of good concepts in the old ones. Still, we have what we have. I don’t think I want to play on Wu Lin guys, but players likes them as far as I see. The only unbalanced I can see in this Chintastic Four is a JJ grandpa. Compared to other heavies, he really too strong. Maybe in next couple of months we will see rework for Shugo, LB, HL and Warlord. This is really necessary after Grandpa released.
And of course I’m a bit confused by teleporting Shaolin. It’s…strange. But we will let devs think about it.

Overall I think Ubi did god job. Breach is a cool gamemode, perks makes overall leveling system more friendly and there are a huge piece of new content with heroes, arcade etc.
It’s still a long way to go, but if things will keep on developing like now, in Y3 game can be very great.

Negative sides

Well, still we have some major issues. First of all, what’s going on with servers? Breach on PC sometimes completely unplayable cause of lags. I know that a lot of players returned and servers under pressure right now, but it was obvious. So, you should be prepared to this. Once we killed Orochi 4 times in 4 seconds. I see execution buttons, next time he run away. I see how my teammate catches him, try to execute and Orochi again alive and run away. I saw how Kensei do dodge attack, while Centurion pierced him with a gladius. Lags everywhere, people disconnects from matches time to time. Well, with this amount of lags how we could play in game, where every ms count?
Game still couldn’t figure out, which pay model to use. Devs still sell annual DLC, but in game it’s feels like typical free-to-play project. Do something about already. I don’t mind to pay for annual DLC if game will be less grindy for visuals.
New graphic looks like a more contrast and brightness. Cheap trick, guys. And I can’t look at Shaman face anymore. She scares me. o_o
And your new lightness feels good and awful at the same time. Night fights without snow are really nice and cool. But when I saw snowy maps for Breach…huh. Who let the kids play with contrast of white? It’s awful. Do not looks like snow, do not looks like winter. Do something about it. I assure you, this not great.

Well, in conclusion, Marching Fire is a step to right direction. Did it bring me back to the game? Definitely, yes. I want to spend my time in Breach. I want to get new armor sets for my favorite characters. I again want to play For Honor. But bring old players is not something special. Ubisoft, make For Honor interesting for new players!

P.S. One more suggestion to devs. As far as disconnects still an issue, and Breach longer, than any others mode, players really need reconnection function. Let player return to the match in next 3-5 minutes.

XxHunterHxX
10-22-2018, 09:17 PM
"I can understand why people mad about perks. First of all, it’s a huge loss in time and steel spent. I didn’t spend a lot for gear stats myself. Most of my steel wasted for executions, effects, visuals etc."

This is right my man ! Afther i was playing PK and they changed the system and i had to upgrade again i just scraped it all and never botherd just got visual stuff coz i KNEW they wold do it again and here we ir they did it again and they will do it again afther a few months with the excuse that well you guys didnt like it so we changed it again ! just to keep you grinding

Illyrian_King
10-23-2018, 12:06 AM
Breach saved this game ... guess I wouldn't have stand another Season of boring Dominion :p

k3rr3k
10-23-2018, 04:58 AM
Breach is awful. Just a big cluster****. People don't work together or do objectives and it takes forever for a match to end when most of the time the outcome is obvious in the first 5 minutes. They need to add a surrender vote or something to allow matches to end faster or add VS AI because doing Breach orders is cancer.

yfkutfui
10-23-2018, 05:17 AM
Breach saved this game ... guess I wouldn't have stand another Season of boring Dominion :p

LOL that made me laugh, can i get some of what your smoking?

SpaceJim12
10-23-2018, 09:20 AM
This is right my man ! Afther i was playing PK and they changed the system and i had to upgrade again i just scraped it all and never botherd just got visual stuff coz i KNEW they wold do it again and here we ir they did it again and they will do it again afther a few months with the excuse that well you guys didnt like it so we changed it again ! just to keep you grinding

The huge mistake Ubi did is add the gear stats at the first place. They should removed it after first season (maybe replaced it with perks), but somehow they decided to change it and left in the game for a year is a good idea. And when Ubi finally understand, that gear stats should gone, everyone put too much time and money for it. Perks itself not bad. The bad here is that Ubi should removed gear stats 1.5 year ago.

Breach saved this game ... guess I wouldn't have stand another Season of boring Dominion

"+" =)

Breach is awful. Just a big cluster****. People don't work together or do objectives and it takes forever for a match to end when most of the time the outcome is obvious in the first 5 minutes. They need to add a surrender vote or something to allow matches to end faster or add VS AI because doing Breach orders is cancer

If you knew, who will win in first 5 minutes, you do something wrong in Breach.=)