PDA

View Full Version : I think we need to accept that LB and shugoki reworks wont be coming any time soon.

TheUberDome
10-22-2018, 01:15 PM
You have to remember that shukoki needs a full rework, similar to Kensei, and it took ubi quite a while to get these reworks completed. If we keep pressuring them and trying to rush them, we may end up with a rework similar to what PK had. I personally hope they update shugoki and LB in stages, so that we dont end up waiting for ages for the full rework, but rather have it split up over a few months.

TheUberDome
10-22-2018, 01:40 PM
I think if you plan to play these heroes, your best bet is to either suffer and lose against players, or play against AI.

Scrubnubloard
10-22-2018, 01:53 PM
A agree that it seems like it's not coming. And like you I've been wait and dealing with getting beaten by better heros alot. But you can still win against alot of people. You dont need to play only AI.

TheUberDome
10-22-2018, 02:44 PM
I agree itís possible to win against players, but the way you go about winning isnít fun.

Scrubnubloard
10-22-2018, 05:05 PM
I agree itís possible to win against players, but the way you go about winning isnít fun.

That I agree with it's very boring.

TSCDescon
10-22-2018, 05:45 PM
You have to remember that shukoki needs a full rework, similar to Kensei, and it took ubi quite a while to get these reworks completed. If we keep pressuring them and trying to rush them, we may end up with a rework similar to what PK had. I personally hope they update shugoki and LB in stages, so that we dont end up waiting for ages for the full rework, but rather have it split up over a few months.

They didn't start doing reworks after season 4. Every rework after kensei and conq, was a complete mess. We didn't rush/pressure the devs, they did it to themselves. They EVEN STATED that "the next rework(s) will not have the same quality as kensei" and "not every OG heroes will GET a REWORK". The guy from one of the old WD also stated "We would like Shugoki to get BUFFS", hence the word, BUFFS, he didn't say REWORK. The only buff I can see them giving him is the removal of extra damage taken and health loss on whiff DE. Even with these changes, it still won't help Shugoki be competitive because he's just TOO LIMITED and PREDICTABLE.

Roseguard_Cpt
10-22-2018, 05:53 PM
I think Shugo could be made better with just a couple tweaks.
-Remove Passive Armor
-Give armor to all heavies regardless of charge
-Light in chain not interrupted by block
-Heavy into Light chain
-Can feint charge heavy into GB similar to Centurion

Roseguard_Cpt
10-22-2018, 05:55 PM
And also remove his penalties for DE miss and not having armor, of course

TSCDescon
10-22-2018, 06:19 PM
TBH, he needs a complete overhaul rework. Many people already suggested, including me, many ideas for his rework. He doesn't need that passive hyper armor, or hyper armor on heavy attacks; rather give him have a stance he can go into that gives him hyper armor and some special moves that he can use while in the stance.

Sure adding a H > L chain is good and all, but again what good does it do, if he is still too predictable?

Fun Fact: All other heavies have some sort of "STANCE" they can go into, except for Shugoki.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-22-2018, 07:00 PM
At this point, I would even take some stats adjustments and be happy with it. If some reworks are not going to happen or they will but it is a long way ahead of us, how hard it would be to increase some numbers for Shugo and Law? Speed up their attacks little bit and add some damage to it?

I was testing JJ in training arena and it is insane how fluid and fast he seems while dealing strong damage. His base attacks ( not his chains) are for instance, much better damage wise compared to Law. JJ gets 3 extra damage per every light and a believe extra 5 for heavy, don't remember exactly. Why his weapon would be better than Law's?
Also, some heroes such as Shinobi, Berserker or Shaman can pull of those numbers at or even above what Law can do. Game has become such unbalanced trash that I am glad I will be leaving in few days. Of course, they have to sell new heroes and we already knew that when they decided to buff them after getting "feedback ".

DefiledDragon
10-22-2018, 07:17 PM
He needs more chains so people don't know exactly what he's going to do next. LLH, LHL, LHH(UB) would give him options that would keep his opponent guessing. Not saying it would suddenly make him S tier, but at least he would be a bit more interesting to play and to fight against.

TSCDescon
10-22-2018, 07:39 PM
He needs more chains so people don't know exactly what he's going to do next. LLH, LHL, LHH(UB) would give him options that would keep his opponent guessing. Not saying it would suddenly make him S tier, but at least he would be a bit more interesting to play and to fight against.

In which I doubt that is what they'll give it to him. Considering he uses way too much stamina anyways.

Knight_Raime
10-22-2018, 07:56 PM
We'll probably get the goki rework next season. And either another rework surprise or adjustments to some year 1 characters. If they did a surprise rework I would say it would be raider more than likely. But they might do LB instead just so they could say "look we're listening!" I really doubt warlord would be the surprise just because no one aside from a few players here constantly bring him up. he's kinda been forgotten to time.

In my opinion goki will be reworked. And centurion, pk, and aramusha will be adjusted. Centurion because him, goki, and LB were all mentioned to have poor offensive abilities by the devs when they acknowledged that they rely on counter attack tactics aka turtling to beat S tier heros like conq. And that they are looking into making their offense better. Pk because they noted in the same blog post that they're watching her this season so they know how to make her better without making her op again when they adjust her. And finally aramusha because they just did some adjustments this season stating that these were the first changes for him and not meant to address all of his issues.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-22-2018, 09:58 PM
Someone said that they make the new characters op to help sales which given some past characters OPness might have some validity to it but it is conjecture.

A well versed shugoki player can beat an inexperienced new faction character.

I. Don't agree with defile dragon on the point that he needs more chains. Not that it wouldn't be interesting but he needs other things more. You can still make the enemy play the guessing game with the different faint heavies. I don't think shugoki is boring but he is very slow for the damage he does compared to JJ.

Hormly
10-22-2018, 11:05 PM
Fun Fact: All other heavies have some sort of "STANCE" they can go into, except for Shugoki.

Yes this. Make him go into a low squat with one hand on the floor like a sumo wrestler at the tachiai. With options to lunge forward or "henka" to either side 😄

MarshalMoriarty
10-22-2018, 11:40 PM
Whilst I wouldn't want to see Shug become some ballet dancing light spammer, I do wish they'd give him something to reflect the fact that nobody as clumsy and ungainly as they make him seem would last 2 seconds on a battlefield. He is a soldier after all, not just dude from the wilds without any actual training. He should be far more co-ordinated and resourceful. I.e don't give him such comically over the top recovery times and give him some kind of gut jab with his club as a bash to ward people off.

The fact is though that the whole HA stance probably needs to go (along with the damage penalty obviously). He should still be a defensive leaning Tank\Trader character with HA on his heavy attacks, but get rid of stance, turn DE into a bear hug that has to be teched at the point of crush to escape and maybe give him a heavy chain attached to his club to catch people and reel them in.

And I know that treads on Shinobi's toes but it makes far more sense for a big guy to have something like that than a tiny guy like Shin. And Shin is also in need of a complete rethink IMO anyway.

yfkutfui
10-23-2018, 12:06 AM
but but but......... if they fix S1 characters why would people buy Marching fire?

i know, so young yet so cynical,

TSCDescon
10-23-2018, 01:41 AM
but but but......... if they fix S1 characters why would people buy Marching fire?

i know, so young yet so cynical,

Because every new heroes that is put into the game, breaks the game. Then the developers will have to work 10x harder to balance it. Its not the communities fault for that, they've done it to themselves. I even said, after Shaman and Aramusha were put into the game, for the developers to balance all the OG heores before putting in new heroes. But as greedy as Ubisoft is, that'll never happen.