PDA

View Full Version : its the Centurion S2 all over again multiplied by 4

yfkutfui
10-22-2018, 05:46 AM
here we go again, a new release of characters off the ****ing scale OP and every lobby full of them, S1 rep 60's getting wrecked by lvl 2 noobs from the Chinese Faction, teleporting monks? stam regen fat guys? block ignoring chicks? dancing sword guys? christ i can't do this anymore, i just don't have the energy for it, why ****ing bother?

Buggy.Blaster
10-22-2018, 07:47 AM
yea the new crew is kinda feeling too op. rip. how can u deal with them? and people don't even know how to play them yet..my god

Herbstlicht
10-22-2018, 09:53 AM
Actually, with the newcomers being not that spammy, the game feels more tactical. Take the Shaolin, as long as he does not move into his infinite chain, his combo is only two hits in most cases. That gives the opponent a chance to retaliate. The teleport kick though is something that might be a little strong, it's a level 2 feat that can be used rather often. Nevertheless, considering the current state of the game, i'd say the wulin are not in a bad shape balance wise. Feels like the devs continue to improve. Now people just need reworked lawbro and shugi.

iadvisoryi
10-22-2018, 05:55 PM
None of the new characters are op. They are all viable strong picks but not op. So get that out your head. I play on console and have zero problem with any of them. Practice against them instead of giving no context and just hating the new characters.

Old characters need buffed, the new ones don't need nerfed. This is honestly a simple concept of adjust and get better.

Archaelion
10-22-2018, 06:55 PM
#buffshugoki #makeshugokifatagain

Blitzwarrior771
10-22-2018, 07:27 PM
Why should I complain of them being op ? Look at the aramusha orochi beerseeker centurion and raider . Aramusha bot is still strongest .

Knight_Raime
10-22-2018, 08:11 PM
I'll have to disagree. Centurion still holds the crown as being the most oppressive hero to ever be released. Being able to 100-0 you in a combo you could not get out of combined with being heavily rewarded from poor game mechanics (revenge based bashes knocking you down and parries being super rewarding) allowed him to do things no other hero has ever been able to do or will ever be possible.

the only thing even remotely "op" about Jiang jun is his feats. He alone has no viable offense as a timed side dodge avoids both of his soft feints. And nothing he chains off of those or cancels into via hard feints can punish that. Nuxia's that spam are dealt with if you're decent at parrying because buffered attacks are slower than intended. and in the case of her light after whiffing a trap if it's buffered is essentially dealing with a 600ms attack. Very reactable. People just need to get used to her animations. Even if you didn't want to parry you could light on reaction to her trap indicator. Which beats it everytime. Thus a nuxia spamming her gimmick will die.

Tiandi's dragon dodge is currently broken against physical attacks. Meaning if you have access to a wide sweeping hit you can hit him out of his dragon dodge every single time. And shaolin's teleport feat might be a problem. But his base kit isn't. Because his hits are always 2 at most. and then back to neutral. You can't reaction bait people with feinting out of his stance either. Because you have to wait a full 500ms to be able to parry/gb people after feinting. You can only block earlier. Unlike highlander who can basically bait going into OF and feinting out of it easier.

There are certainly some annoying aspects about each hero. but in terms of comparing their design to the season pass heros they're a lot better in terms of balance.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-22-2018, 09:51 PM
I disagree about JJ. For a heavy, he kinda is op because heavy heroes are in bad spot right now. His attacks are not slow yet they are strong. Shugo, Warlord, Conq and Law ( although technically not heavy) feel like 60s Batman fighting vs Ben Affleck Batman. Lol

Knight_Raime
10-22-2018, 10:24 PM
I disagree about JJ. For a heavy, he kinda is op because heavy heroes are in bad spot right now. His attacks are not slow yet they are strong. Shugo, Warlord, Conq and Law ( although technically not heavy) feel like 60s Batman fighting vs Ben Affleck Batman. Lol

His attack speeds are average. he only has 2 400ms attacks. both from soft feints. Normal lights are 500ms even in combo. and his heavies are 900ms or 1000ms depending on the direction and if it's a dodge attack or normal. I think his unblockable zone is 600ms. So. He's really not fast.

Compared to the other heros? Conq has a top light is 500ms and side lights are 600ms in combo lights are 500ms from all sides. His side heavies are 700ms and his top 800ms in chain sides are still 800ms but top is 900ms. Charged heavy top is 800ms and charged side is 700ms. his shield bash is 500ms. and his bash after a light or heavy is 800ms. so is his bash upper cut. full block is 400ms.

Warlord. forward dodge heavy is 900ms. same with sprint heavy. crashing charge is 400ms. zone attack is 600ms. Top light is 600ms side heavy is 500ms. in combo top and side lights are 600ms. top heavy is 800ms side are 900ms. but in combo heavies are 700ms. Head but is 500ms. full block is 600ms. headbutt is 400ms from this. heavy from this is 600ms and the light is 400ms.

And finally shugoki. sprint attack is 600ms. zone is 900ms. his lights are 600ms. and his heavies in combo are 800ms. Charged heavies.are 1100ms from neutral and no charge to 1600ms fully charged. demons embrace is 1200ms.

What does this all mean? Goki is embaracingly slow compared to not only his own class but the rest of the game. Conq is about the second slowest. But this is acceptable because of how safe he is with several defensive tools that are not broken like passive armor. And then warlord. With the inclusion of JJ I put him between conq and warlord in terms of speed. As he's got faster heavies than conq. and some attacks in general faster than warlord. But warlord has an actual opener and some decent counter attacking options speed wise. (talking from full block.) So defensively JJ might be the fastest heavy. Due to his kit encouraging defensive play. But he doesn't have offense really. Nothing that actually forces the opponent into an unfavorable position.

Now if he actually could dodge out of sifu stance and/or sifu stance had counter options besides his zone then I could see him tilting away from your standard heavy design into a more hybrid design.

guest-Nez6tBu0
10-22-2018, 11:07 PM
I'll have to disagree. Centurion still holds the crown as being the most oppressive hero to ever be released. Being able to 100-0 you in a combo you could not get out of combined with being heavily rewarded from poor game mechanics (revenge based bashes knocking you down and parries being super rewarding) allowed him to do things no other hero has ever been able to do or will ever be possible.

I strongly disagree, like what he can do no other hero can? he can`t 100 to 0 Hp you....he can however 2 combo you, but you have to screw everything up. only hero viable to Full HP kill you is shugoki, yet we all know how terrible he is. He can`t be most oppressive hero to ever be released, he don`t have opening, his kick is joke can be punished by GB, or side attacks by any normal player. When he throw unblock-able he cant feint it = insta parry, actually I think it is easiest parry-able hit in the game. He got slowest feints of all, its ridiculous. He suck with offence in revenge. Cent can punish you when u miss parries, don`t do parries and you won.

ArchDukeInstinct
10-22-2018, 11:32 PM
here we go again, a new release of characters off the ****ing scale OP and every lobby full of them, S1 rep 60's getting wrecked by lvl 2 noobs from the Chinese Faction, teleporting monks? stam regen fat guys? block ignoring chicks? dancing sword guys? christ i can't do this anymore, i just don't have the energy for it, why ****ing bother?

I don't see what the big deal is.

yea the new crew is kinda feeling too op. rip. how can u deal with them? and people don't even know how to play them yet..my god

Everything is OP to you.

Knight_Raime
10-22-2018, 11:35 PM
I strongly disagree, like what he can do no other hero can? he can`t 100 to 0 Hp you....he can however 2 combo you, but you have to screw everything up. only hero viable to Full HP kill you is shugoki, yet we all know how terrible he is. He can`t be most oppressive hero to ever be released, he don`t have opening, his kick is joke can be punished by GB, or side attacks by any normal player. When he throw unblock-able he cant feint it = insta parry, actually I think it is easiest parry-able hit in the game. He got slowest feints of all, its ridiculous. He suck with offence in revenge. Cent can punish you when u miss parries, don`t do parries and you won.

Please learn to read what I said. I stated "Centurion still holds the crown as being the most oppressive hero to ever be released."
Which means what I was talking about past that statement was what he used to be able to do. He had the ability to splat you on a wall forever till he killed you. And because bashes were built into his combos revenge bashes knocking people down worked in his favor at getting to eagle talons often. He also got a guard break on parries. Which would be a ledge kill or a wall splat. and his full combo on a light parry. He's not capable of this anymore.

His kick would never be punished by a GB because you can que a heavy to beat that. You beat his kick with a dodge attack. Anyway. you're arguing about how he is now. I was not. Because OP was referring to how Centurion was in season 2. Which is what my comment was about. And why I stated he was the most oppressive. Nothing any hero relased after him compares to what he was capable of in season 2.

Nestramutat
10-23-2018, 12:08 AM
What seems unfair is that this new roster of flying monkeys does EVERYTHING right, compared to the old roster. Hyper armor? Check. Unblockables? Check. Dodge attacks? Quad check. Hidden stance? Check.
You might all concur they are not outright OP, but only if compared among themselves and a few of the old guys (shaman, kensei, warden). What about the others? What is my poor warlord to do against the spam cancer called shaolin?

Velentix
10-23-2018, 12:38 AM
The only problem I have with the new cast is JJ sifu stance recovering stam as fast as it does. gotten into to many fights where he comes up from behind and spams his zone, sifu stance and zones again. That I find a problem. If there are multiple JJs doing it then God help you.

AramenThePiper
10-23-2018, 02:52 AM
In my opinion, Jiang Jun is the most balanced of the four characters. He is strong, but everything he has can be punished accordingly if you know how to, and this is what I like the most in any videogame. He has openers, he has utility and his feats are nothing excessively strong

Nuxia is HIGHLY annoying due to Orochi levels of light spam. Since the Guard Switch bug has been fixed, you CANNOT react to delayed 400ms lights in a combo, you have to pick a side and hope it's the right one. Her traps are very strong, but can be countered as you woulf counter a Guard Break, and I like this thing very much, because the mechanic isn't as bad as it was in the closed beta but not overly powerful at the point of permitting an unpunishable offense.

Now... the problems begin, in my opinion.

Tiandi is the second most annoying character in the cast. He is hella fast and hella annoying, not to mention that he's OVERLY SAFE. I mean, his kick CANNOT BE PUNISHED unless you have a very fast dodge attack, since it's recoveries are ungodly and CANNOT BE GUARDBROKEN. Ok that in normal situation it doesn't guarantee a thing, but if you're near a wall it guaranteeds a heavy attack, and this thing isn't good. His combo lights are 400ms, who cannot be reacted since the patch, and his feats are extremely annoying to deal with. Also his dodge lights, being 500ms, CANNOT BE BAITED by most characters, since the recovery frames from a feinted heavy bans you from parrying it. His Palm Strike too is extremely safe since it can be followed up unlike Gladiator's Toestab, which is very similar in terms of speed and availability from every hit of the combo. Overall VERY annoying character that needs to be toned down and rendered more punishable.

And Shaolin... oh boy, where to begin with this bastard. His Qi stance in of itself is a 50/50 since the kick is 500ms and, being 500ms, you have to preeventively dodge. Oh, but if you guess wrong, you get an undodgeable heavy to the face. And you CANNOT ROLL AWAY because of undodgeable properties. Shaolin moveset is extremely complex, his 400ms top heavy is much more dangerous than PK one due to low stamina usage and Qi stance, due to its sheer versatility, it's almost unpunishable. His teleport feat is even more annoying and stupid than pre-nerf Kiai.. I mean... guaranteeds damage and it can be used to move instantly across the map. A feat like this should be tier 3 minimum in my opinion.

These are my thoughs on the subject. What do to? Either tone town Tiandi and Shaolin or buff every other hero in the cast and give them tools to face them. Due to equipment states being removed, a lot of the super weak heroes have fallen into the abyss. Before, they were kinda carried by the equipment and because of this could compete with the stronger ones... But now their lack of a kit i exposed. Help them.