PDA

View Full Version : Sad Shugoki - Honest MF opinion

SunGoki
10-21-2018, 09:57 PM
Hello, my name is SunGoki
The Marching Fire expansion came out and I would really like to share my honest opinion about everything that got changed or updated.

First off, I am a very big fan of the new UI which feels very fresh and swift and certainly makes my in-game experience much easier. Second I would like to make a little complaint about the new outfits. I spent all my crates and a load of steel on packs and got none of the two new Goki masks, not even from the match drop, which is very strange. Is there a lower chance to obtain some of the new gear added into the game?

Anyway, the main thing I would like to talk about is the Shugoki. No joke. I've played the big man since I remember and I am slightly disappointed how my chances of survival decrease significantly with the new characters. Due to his excess consumption of ramen he is very slow. In fact his new outfits create a great image of him. He is a dumb thug. A dumb thug with a mace. What is the point not giving a large tanky hero armor... It's like a coat will do him any good. I played quite a lot of games against the new characters and I've got a hard time! JJ matchup is straight up impossible for the Shugoki. Tiandi slaps him good. Shaolin...no.

The last thing I would like to talk about is the breach. I really like the concept and the gameplay! From Shugoki's perspective it's nothing bad actually if you team up and abuse the Almighty Hug on the Commander (lul). Pikemen seem stupidly strong, even for characters like Orochi. Feels like these were made especially for JJ and his AoE passive. I think the Commander should be a lot stronger or have more moves than a Highlander zone. Maybe some lane archers could be useful too.

That's pretty much it, thanks for reading!
#SomeLoveForShugoki

Blitzwarrior771
10-21-2018, 10:07 PM
stay in group be the leader you are a tank

TSCDescon
10-21-2018, 10:09 PM
I feel the exact same thing. He is getting a rework, but I don't know when.

However; if his rework turns out to be "no extra damage taken while HA is down, no health loss on whiff demon's embrace", I'll be very disappointed. Many people say "they are happy if this is actually a thing", but to me its more than that. Sure its a nice change, but what good does it do if Shugoki plays the same? Predictable, slow, no mixups, etc.

I sincerely HOPE the devs give him a COMPLETE REWORK.

Abyssalknight7
10-21-2018, 10:20 PM
shugoki,lb,warlord are just so much worse than the new heros i just dont want to play. it feels almost like ubi wants people to forget these old heros and switch to the new ones

TSCDescon
10-21-2018, 11:00 PM
shugoki,lb,warlord are just so much worse than the new heros i just dont want to play. it feels almost like ubi wants people to forget these old heros and switch to the new ones

There's alot meme going on with JJ being the Lawbringer rework. lol

UbiInsulin
10-22-2018, 01:04 AM
Hello, my name is SunGoki
The Marching Fire expansion came out and I would really like to share my honest opinion about everything that got changed or updated.

First off, I am a very big fan of the new UI which feels very fresh and swift and certainly makes my in-game experience much easier. Second I would like to make a little complaint about the new outfits. I spent all my crates and a load of steel on packs and got none of the two new Goki masks, not even from the match drop, which is very strange. Is there a lower chance to obtain some of the new gear added into the game?

Anyway, the main thing I would like to talk about is the Shugoki. No joke. I've played the big man since I remember and I am slightly disappointed how my chances of survival decrease significantly with the new characters. Due to his excess consumption of ramen he is very slow. In fact his new outfits create a great image of him. He is a dumb thug. A dumb thug with a mace. What is the point not giving a large tanky hero armor... It's like a coat will do him any good. I played quite a lot of games against the new characters and I've got a hard time! JJ matchup is straight up impossible for the Shugoki. Tiandi slaps him good. Shaolin...no.

The last thing I would like to talk about is the breach. I really like the concept and the gameplay! From Shugoki's perspective it's nothing bad actually if you team up and abuse the Almighty Hug on the Commander (lul). Pikemen seem stupidly strong, even for characters like Orochi. Feels like these were made especially for JJ and his AoE passive. I think the Commander should be a lot stronger or have more moves than a Highlander zone. Maybe some lane archers could be useful too.

That's pretty much it, thanks for reading!
#SomeLoveForShugoki

Thanks for weighing in (so to speak)! Good to see the expansion from the PoV of one hero. Any more feedback on the specifics of what makes the match-ups with Wu Lin tough?

TSCDescon
10-22-2018, 01:17 AM
Thanks for weighing in (so to speak)! Good to see the expansion from the PoV of one hero. Any more feedback on the specifics of what makes the match-ups with Wu Lin tough?

Shugoki struggles with all the new heroes. Shugoki has no way to deal with all the new character's mixups. I'm so afraid to throw out a single light because I know that I'll get parried.

Edit: Shugoki NEEDS more OPTIONS.

EvoX.
10-22-2018, 01:33 AM
Shugo and Law are most likely the next from the OG cast to be touched upon. Why all this secrecy is needed is beyond me, however.

Don't expect too much, my bet is on him being able to make 400ms swings from that kanabo, since that's the dev's preferred type of steroid to give.

TSCDescon
10-22-2018, 01:39 AM
Shugo and Law are most likely the next from the OG cast to be touched upon. Why all this secrecy is needed is beyond me, however.

Don't expect too much, my bet is on him being able to make 400ms swings from that kanabo, since that's the dev's preferred type of steroid to give.

They probably will. No surprise if they completely change his character and turn it into what the concept art was. Just means hes just another generic muscle man.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-22-2018, 04:37 AM
They probably will. No surprise if they completely change his character and turn it into what the concept art was. Just means hes just another generic muscle man.

He should have the body of a linebacker or the cartoon kingpin (not the Netflix one). He should have the body of a powerlifter not a body builder or a fat sumo wrestler. I love that shugoki is gleeful in battle and his boss move set. Using specific armor you can make him not look so much like a fat slob so I'm happy about that.
There is only one armor in the game that thins him up a bit and thins up his wardrobe to help make him look decent. After that you have to cover his arms fully with armor.
So mostly I'm still happy with his custization though some physical 💪 armor would be nice.

TSCDescon
10-22-2018, 05:23 AM
He should have the body of a linebacker or the cartoon kingpin (not the Netflix one). He should have the body of a powerlifter not a body builder or a fat sumo wrestler. I love that shugoki is gleeful in battle and his boss move set. Using specific armor you can make him not look so much like a fat slob so I'm happy about that.
There is only one armor in the game that thins him up a bit and thins up his wardrobe to help make him look decent. After that you have to cover his arms fully with armor.
So mostly I'm still happy with his custization though some physical �� armor would be nice.

I don't mind the fat sumo physique because it gives variety. Even a fat sumo can be extremely flexible and agile. The way the devs portrayed Shugoki, is just a big guy who just swings has kanabo at people. Sure he has some sumo aspect like the belt on one of the piece of armor and the emote stomp, but his kit doesn't have anything related to sumo. Its just Oni this, Demon this. I like the Oni theme don't get me wrong, but to completely ignore the Sumo side of martial arts? No. If Shugoki had the strength of a Demon, like what the trailer says, he should be able to control that kanabo with ease. In gameplay he can barely recover after swinging it.

SunGoki
10-22-2018, 05:45 AM

What makes it tough? If you look at Shugoki he is very slow and clanky character. For example if you fail to parry and the opponent feints the attack ot takes so much time for him to recover, the opponent makes 3 other moves and you are done. And giving the fact he takes more damage with HA down it is pretty devastating.

The biggest problem I see is Tiandi and JJ, those are ony opinion the strongest of the batch that came out. Tiandi's palm strike is quite tricky to predict as is JJ's zone.

It is simply hard to keep up with them, since all you can do is block and being static

TSCDescon
10-22-2018, 06:02 AM
What makes it tough? If you look at Shugoki he is very slow and clanky character. For example if you fail to parry and the opponent feints the attack ot takes so much time for him to recover, the opponent makes 3 other moves and you are done. And giving the fact he takes more damage with HA down it is pretty devastating.

The biggest problem I see is Tiandi and JJ, those are ony opinion the strongest of the batch that came out. Tiandi's palm strike is quite tricky to predict as is JJ's zone.

It is simply hard to keep up with them, since all you can do is block and being static

Also would like to add JJ can do 104 max OOS punish to Shugoki if the Shugoki makes one mistake, which is the highest in the game without revenge or buffs. Thats 4 bars of health.

SunGoki
10-22-2018, 06:03 AM
Also would like to add JJ can do 104 max OOS punish to Shugoki if the Shugoki makes one mistake. Thats 4 bars of health.

That's why Rock steady exist haha!

TSCDescon
10-22-2018, 06:06 AM
That's why Rock steady exist haha!

From a Duel perspective, that is insane.

SunGoki
10-22-2018, 06:27 AM

Let me basically tell you my strategy for this season. I normally avoid Duels, I do brawls and Dominions.

Those new perks gave us, Goki players, to overcome some flaws, at least partially. What's the deal, well basically in Dominion you camp at A or C, depending on the side. You run Vengeful barrier, Bastion and Bulk up/Last stand. Vengeful barrier is very useful, nobody expects a ahield when the revenge ends and many times it saved my life. Bastion cuts your crippling passive to half, that means you last longer. Bulk up/Last stand gives you survivability. These combined with Rock steady and Hard to kill are quite surprisingly effective and very frustrating for your opponent, since your role is to maintain the site and counter attack, at least in my opinion. You basically cover that one site alone all game, which is guaranteed for your team because 1v1 or even 1v2 you are practically unkillable if the enemy is not skilled enough and throw random attacks like shamans in every game, haha.

Many people run Remedy, Feline agility and Rising Dawn on the Shugoki which in my opinion only works on newbies, skilled players won't let you land a hit and they will get you running if they want too.

I also think it would be a great addition if every hero had at least one offensive and defensive perk to encourage players to play the hero differently.

TSCDescon
10-22-2018, 06:45 AM
Let me basically tell you my strategy for this season. I normally avoid Duels, I do brawls and Dominions.

Those new perks gave us, Goki players, to overcome some flaws, at least partially. What's the deal, well basically in Dominion you camp at A or C, depending on the side. You run Vengeful barrier, Bastion and Bulk up/Last stand. Vengeful barrier is very useful, nobody expects a ahield when the revenge ends and many times it saved my life. Bastion cuts your crippling passive to half, that means you last longer. Bulk up/Last stand gives you survivability. These combined with Rock steady and Hard to kill are quite surprisingly effective and very frustrating for your opponent, since your role is to maintain the site and counter attack, at least in my opinion. You basically cover that one site alone all game, which is guaranteed for your team because 1v1 or even 1v2 you are practically unkillable if the enemy is not skilled enough and throw random attacks like shamans in every game, haha.

Many people run Remedy, Feline agility and Rising Dawn on the Shugoki which in my opinion only works on newbies, skilled players won't let you land a hit and they will get you running if they want too.

I also think it would be a great addition if every hero had at least one offensive and defensive perk to encourage players to play the hero differently.

I'm running Bastion and Last Stand, trying to get my third perk Rising Dawn.

Archaelion
10-22-2018, 02:46 PM
I was saying this for months. #buffshugoki #makeshugokifatagain #balancethegame #giveshugokimorethan1combo #rebalancetheoldcharacters #sadshugoki

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-25-2018, 01:16 AM
I don't mind the fat sumo physique because it gives variety. Even a fat sumo can be extremely flexible and agile. The way the devs portrayed Shugoki, is just a big guy who just swings has kanabo at people. Sure he has some sumo aspect like the belt on one of the piece of armor and the emote stomp, but his kit doesn't have anything related to sumo. Its just Oni this, Demon this. I like the Oni theme don't get me wrong, but to completely ignore the Sumo side of martial arts? No. If Shugoki had the strength of a Demon, like what the trailer says, he should be able to control that kanabo with ease. In gameplay he can barely recover after swinging it.

True but if this was real it would only take one sword swing to the head...to put it in perspective not that I don't agree with you.

TSCDescon
10-25-2018, 03:36 AM
True but if this was real it would only take one sword swing to the head...to put it in perspective not that I don't agree with you.

Realism already left the game after Season 1 lol.