PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Arcade Reward system

Anskart
10-21-2018, 01:39 PM
Yesterday me and my friend played a bunch of Arcade missions, I believe in total it was around 5-6 mission mostly on Rare difficulty but a few was also on Common. What we found out during the play time was the rewards which you got of completing a mission was based upon the character's (The fighter that you choose) gear level. We made this conclusion after that we played a few missions with character's with different overall gear level. The characters' which we played could either be classified as having grey overall gear level and blue overall gear level. So with this in mind, when we finished a mission on rare difficulty with our characters with overall gear level, around 10-15 (which is classified as grey), we got level 1 gear item in return. However, if we played rare difficulty with our characters with overall gear level, around 40 (which is classified as blue), we received a level 8 item. This is absolutely ludicrous, the game is actually punishing the gamer of being skillful and taking on greater challenges while advocating for slow, grindy, tedious gear grindning by going up against enemies which are way to easy if you have the recommended gear level. I payed 30 euros to be able to play arcade to get gear that would make my character actually look good because the game doesn't provide any good looking gear until you get up to prestige 7 with a character where you finally get legendary gear which is worth a damn!

Now it may sound impulsive to write all of this after only 5-6 missions, which is worth about 10-12 data points (due to knowing what my friend gott). Now I ask you dear reader, have you had the same experience with the Arcade mode when it comes to receiving gear? Write down here so we can come to a good conlusion based on data instead of one based on feelings

EvoX.
10-22-2018, 02:22 AM
As far as I'm aware, gear score has no effect on rewards. What does is: difficulty of the selected quest, completion level (since on Legendary you can get really nasty modifiers and just cash out without finishing) and time spent on the quest. If you struggle more, you'll receive more in comparison to breezing through it.

Definitely not sure, though, as I only get Legendary gear anyway.

Velentix
10-22-2018, 03:38 AM
started playing tiandi, right now he is grey geared. Did a few quests on blue, only grey gear was reward. Thought I was just unlucky but it happened 4-5 times in a row, and now to you too, so Im starting to think differently.

DefiledDragon
10-22-2018, 04:00 AM
The quality of gear you get from any game mode is regulated by your rep level with that hero. You have to hit rep 1 before you'll get blue gear and even then you can still get common (grey) items. There's a scale for it somewhere on the forums which tells you what rarity of gear you'll get at what rep level, but rep 0 always get common.