PDA

View Full Version : I don't get the logic

RexXZ347
10-21-2018, 01:23 PM
I don't simply get why the aramusha light chain is nerfed when orochi, berserker, pk and other heroes with fast light combo don't get any? Or simply why the 2nd worst hero was nerfed? WHY? Add those wu lin faction who almost have everything. Can any ubisoft devs here explain to me in details? Because if i will look into what they posted on the patch notes that because noobs are having difficulty with the aramusha then they should also tone down ALL light spammers right? But no, they toned down ONLY what is basically one of the worst hero. In my opinion, i think ubisoft is just pissing the community off more and more. Because bad decisions every bad decisions is being made on and on. The community ask for this, but they do the other way. Always.

Klingentaenz3r
10-21-2018, 03:07 PM
I don't really get it either. His light chain feels now as fast as his heavy chain. Ergo easily parried and even more easily blocked. All Wulin heroes except JJ have 400 ms lights somewhere in their mix. Having now this change on Aramusha where he only has 500 ms on each side AND an extra additional 100 ms per switched direction on infinite lights (+100 ms basic guard swap costs = 700 ms?) AND on top of that he also is forced to go from side to top and from top to sides. None of those other heroes have that.

This does not feel fair.

He also feels so clunky, has no opener, has uncalled extra stamina penalites on whiffs, blocks and feints (as a result gets OOS very quickly).
I really hope these changes were just laying out groundworks for an upcoming rework. But I think it is more likely that he serves as a lap rat with the current changes.

Gianturion
10-21-2018, 03:21 PM
You're absolutely right,but I think the problem lies in the concept. Aramusha's concept is just wrong,he's a light spammer with feints. I think he should be reworked from scratch and should become a hero specialized in mind games and deceiving his enemies,kinda like Nuxia but more tanky. I think the devs were just experimenting,though,because they said that they're not done with him yet and further changes are to be expected. Hoping that he gets the buffs he deserves.

RexXZ347
10-21-2018, 04:47 PM
I don't really get it either. His light chain feels now as fast as his heavy chain. Ergo easily parried and even more easily blocked. All Wulin heroes except JJ have 400 ms lights somewhere in their mix. Having now this change on Aramusha where he only has 500 ms on each side AND an extra additional 100 ms per switched direction on infinite lights (+100 ms basic guard swap costs = 700 ms?) AND on top of that he also is forced to go from side to top and from top to sides. None of those other heroes have that.

This does not feel fair.

He also feels so clunky, has no opener, has uncalled extra stamina penalites on whiffs, blocks and feints (as a result gets OOS very quickly).
I really hope these changes were just laying out groundworks for an upcoming rework. But I think it is more likely that he serves as a lap rat with the current changes.

I for one wants to play the aramusha now because of the new execution which is great, but when I think that I will just be a food for better heroes i lose the appetite to play. Hope they will rework him asap along with shugoki.

RexXZ347
10-21-2018, 04:51 PM
You're absolutely right,but I think the problem lies in the concept. Aramusha's concept is just wrong,he's a light spammer with feints. I think he should be reworked from scratch and should become a hero specialized in mind games and deceiving his enemies,kinda like Nuxia but more tanky. I think the devs were just experimenting,though,because they said that they're not done with him yet and further changes are to be expected. Hoping that he gets the buffs he deserves.

I think tiandi and shaolin have a 300ms light? The one with the blue glow. Plus, they have openers, unblockables, dodge attacks. Why do they give them those then nerfing the aramusha lights chain saying noobs are having a hard time right? I hope you are right. I think they tone his lights spam for an a better rework. Unblockable heavy finisher, hyper armor on some moves, dodge attack, an opener chained to a heavy or light. Those are important to compete with the wu lin faction, conqueror and warden.

SenBotsu893
10-21-2018, 04:57 PM
remember that nobushis zone got nerfed because a 600ms 30 damage zone attack was deemed way to broken?

now they go ahead and build a whole character around 500 ms 28 damage zone attacks.

i fail to see the logic there as well.

RexXZ347
10-21-2018, 05:05 PM
remember that nobushis zone got nerfed because a 600ms 30 damage zone attack was deemed way to broken?

now they go ahead and build a whole character around 500 ms 28 damage zone attacks.

add some unblockables and very quick openers.

UbiInsulin
10-21-2018, 09:03 PM
Well, the purpose of the changes was not to solve all of Aramusha's issues, but to take steps in the right direction for both of the problems that were mentioned (he's not viable for high level play, and considered difficult/annoying by some regular players). He also received some buffs, although if you don't believe those have worked out you're certainly welcome to say so.

Knight_Raime
10-21-2018, 10:33 PM
It's because these changes were targeted at fresh players. Not players who have been around for awhile. Aramusha can combo longer than any other infinite combo hero. And while his combo and deadly feints both has rules none of those are incredibly visually noticable to a new player. Where as someone like berzerker is easier to tell because of how his infinite works. Not saying I agree with the changes. you've already seen my wall of text on it.

RexXZ347
10-22-2018, 01:08 AM
Well, the purpose of the changes was not to solve all of Aramusha's issues, but to take steps in the right direction for both of the problems that were mentioned (he's not viable for high level play, and considered difficult/annoying by some regular players). He also received some buffs, although if you don't believe those have worked out you're certainly welcome to say so.

Definitely not working out. For Honor is time based. The mechanic is when the enemy attacks, you block or parry. So heroes with slow attacks won't survive in this game. Even if you have 1 million damage in one hit. If it will hit in 20 secs for example, it doesn't matter. That hero is still useless. If a shinobi for example have 3 damage light attacks but will hit in 200ms. He is considered OP. Now the aramusha have that down sided situation. His kit is already useless against regular and high level hero (yes, even regular). The weakness of the aramusha is blocking. Only new players would have a hard time with him but his light chain isn't different on an orochi lights. 400-500-500 pause for 1 sec then 400-500-500 light chain on any direction rinse and repeat. It hit's still like a chain for me. Orochi does light spamming than aramusha so why is aramusha the only hero that is nerfed? Also for conqueror light chain. It hits in any direction. The aramusha? Side top side top, very predictable. So why is he nerfed? The thing that you are claiming about new players isn't a reasonable one for nerfing him, if light spamming is a problem then ALL light spam combo should be nerfed to be fair. Leveling down a hero for noobs isn't a wise decision, why is he the only one being toned down for new players? Because if they can't deal with the aramusha pre nerf. Then how can he fight the likes of conqueror, warden, orochi, kensei, berserker and the wu lin faction? You better buff him right away because i heard many aramusha players ain't gonna play him anymore until a proper buff is out for him.

EvoX.
10-22-2018, 01:52 AM
I'm pretty sure that they didn't actually think this was a nerf...

RexXZ347
10-22-2018, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure that they didn't actually think this was a nerf...

if they didn't think that it was a nerf then the devs are incompetent.

SerafCZe
10-22-2018, 12:10 PM
You're absolutely right, thumbs up

guest-Nez6tBu0
10-22-2018, 04:22 PM
actually explanation is very easy, you releasing 4 new heroes will you make them weaker compared to what we already have? balances will occur most likely after sales for expansion will drop...hope I`m would be wrong

OoKaMi_79
10-22-2018, 05:01 PM
It is visible to all of us that newest characters come with more tools due to the amount of experience gained by the dev team over this year and a half.

The only way I see that we could reach real balance would be to return all the 12 original characters + 6 DLC chars to the design table. All those chars need to reborn, we need to let them recreate them again so they can be at the same level.

The only rework that felt like a real update was the one performed to Kensei, we need that kind of effort put on all the characters.

Knight_Raime
10-22-2018, 08:22 PM

Pretty sure it was nerfed because of how it's hit box works on top of unlock tech at the time.
All of JJ's attacks have less of a wide hitbox compared to kensei and nobu's zone.
Pk's zone was also nerfed due to how it worked. The devs have a habit of doing damage changes in response to mechanical problems.
the devil is in the details my friend.

RexXZ347
10-23-2018, 02:20 AM
For instance is the aramusha. At his state after patch the rework i think that could let him compete with wul lin is:

1) heavy finisher is an unblockable with hyper armor - to force the enemy to parry or do other moves rather than just being a turtle

2) heavy finisher feint to light is 400ms - it's already been done to remove turtle meta

3) Side dash heavy removed to side dodge attack - all wu lin heroes have this, why not give him?

4) 500ms light attacks without pattern - in this way light spamming can be avoided and is reactable (500ms people)

5) A chargeable roundhouse kick opener with an attack follow up or feintable to a light - to remove the turtle meta and to add mind games.

Seeing the wu lin faction and seeing how low the aramusha is, i think these buffs/rework are just enough to be on par with the dynasty warriors faction. Some people see this buffs very strong but i think it is because their heroes that they are using are also low tier and also in need of a buff.