PDA

View Full Version : Minions should not be able to interrupt executions in Breach

CoyoteXStarrk
10-21-2018, 12:40 PM
The minions are f***ing everywhere and healing is MUCH harder than it is in Dominion so we NEED those executions to heal and yet the minions interrupt our executions 90% of time. Costing us health and costing us games as well. The loss of healing builds up overtime and its obvious that it has a negative effect on gameplay.

CoyoteXStarrk
10-21-2018, 02:32 PM
bump

Illyrian_King
10-21-2018, 02:34 PM
They should ^^

Play Dominion if you don't want that chaotic stuff

Sinangel3
10-21-2018, 02:37 PM
The minions are f***ing everywhere and healing is MUCH harder than it is in Dominion so we NEED those executions to heal and yet the minions interrupt our executions 90% of time. Costing us health and costing us games as well. The loss of healing builds up overtime and its obvious that it has a negative effect on gameplay.

They should. Minions prevent the defenders from burning through all of their respawns in the first wave. It means play more tactically as far as whonis with you. Your team can keep minions away.

DefiledDragon
10-21-2018, 05:17 PM
They should ^^

Play Dominion if you don't want that chaotic stuff

They interrupt executions in Dominion too.

Illyrian_King
10-21-2018, 08:11 PM
They interrupt executions in Dominion too.

I read it on the patch notes and it is a step in the right direction.

Personally I am so full of this cartoonish "super warrior screws whole armies" stuff.

I showed FH to many of my friends and about 80% abruptly turned away, when they saw an Hero savaging about 60 foot soldiers alone in less then 10sec without a scratch.

This is not cool.

UbiInsulin
10-21-2018, 08:14 PM
bump

In the future please don't bump threads. It's considered the same as spamming.

You're not the only person who has brought this topic up, although from the responses in this thread I don't think there's universal agreement that this is a problem. I'll still pass all the feedback on to the team. :)

VentrisWR
10-22-2018, 08:00 AM
considering one of the actual perks is devourer, which requires an execution to be completed to access the perk benefit, its a legit request. it basically renders one of the pieces of the entire new system useless if you cant pull an execution off while fighting in the troop press in either dominion or breach. not to mention thousands upon thousands of steel people spend on executions that they cannot enjoy doing in those areas.

you're basically saying that people shouldn't buy executions since they might fail and wont get to use them in breach or dominion. also that certain classes without the perk Remedy are going to have far less ability to survive than others with it.

B1ack6uys
10-22-2018, 09:13 AM

Personally I am so full of this cartoonish "super warrior screws whole armies" stuff.

I showed FH to many of my friends and about 80% abruptly turned away, when they saw an Hero savaging about 60 foot soldiers alone in less then 10sec without a scratch.

This is not cool.
Iím sorry but this is a dumb argument. I showed FH to my friends and 90% of them liked it and loved feeling like a BA
See how fast your argument falls on itís face? (True story though)

Goat_of_Vermund
10-22-2018, 10:12 AM
You can also execute the captains, so it's actually easier to get executions. And if you are among enemies, you shouldn't use it, or use a very short one.

Illyrian_King
10-22-2018, 10:56 AM
Iím sorry but this is a dumb argument. I showed FH to my friends and 90% of them liked it and loved feeling like a BA
See how fast your argument falls on itís face? (True story though)

My argument falls on it's face, because my friends didn't like it?

Guess you were to hasty at this point ^^

CoyoteXStarrk
10-22-2018, 12:42 PM
Nevermind. Its not worth the ban.

Qaneo
10-23-2018, 10:19 PM
considering one of the actual perks is devourer, which requires an execution to be completed to access the perk benefit, its a legit request. it basically renders one of the pieces of the entire new system useless if you cant pull an execution off while fighting in the troop press in either dominion or breach. not to mention thousands upon thousands of steel people spend on executions that they cannot enjoy doing in those areas.

you're basically saying that people shouldn't buy executions since they might fail and wont get to use them in breach or dominion. also that certain classes without the perk Remedy are going to have far less ability to survive than others with it.

If your team isn't clearing minion waves that's on all of you. Try to get the enemy away from them if you want to engage. The minion interrupt is needed, and it's a feature I told them I was happy with when I was asked for my Breach feedback.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-23-2018, 11:50 PM
I think it's just as realistic if the minions don't attack the heros. Why? Because if you consider them the legendary gunslingers of the old west or the mob bosses of the prohibition days the fighting between legendary heros in actual battles would look more like the movie Troy were a normal soldier would be too afraid to attack a legend and the sight of Achilles (as an example) mowing threw any soldier that got near him would cause any normal soldier to flee for their lives.
So my question is this: if you were a soldier minion and saw a legendary fighter slaughtering ur minion kin next to you like they were calves at a slaughter mill would you really stick around?

Illyrian_King
10-24-2018, 12:27 AM
I think it's just as realistic if the minions don't attack the heros. Why? Because if you consider them the legendary gunslingers of the old west or the mob bosses of the prohibition days the fighting between legendary heros in actual battles would look more like the movie Troy were a normal soldier would be too afraid to attack a legend and the sight of Achilles (as an example) mowing threw any soldier that got near him would cause any normal soldier to flee for their lives.
So my question is this: if you were a soldier minion and saw a legendary fighter slaughtering ur minion kin next to you like they were calves at a slaughter mill would you really stick around?

So you talk about realism and base your argumentation on a romantisized movie? ^^

If an average soldier's mind would get baboozled after seing another minion drop dead, then battles would end after the first kill.

Seing an hostile commander killing my own commander and taking that extra time for an execution in a ring of his soldiers ... my thoughts would most likely be "Let me stab that idiot from behind, while he can't evaluate the situation properly and plays with my dead mate's corps for 7 more seconds for artistic reasons. I will get so much fame for his head and all the knight chicks from all across Europe".

DefiledDragon
10-24-2018, 12:41 AM
I'm not bothered about realism, that went out of the window a long time ago. What I'm bothered about is having fun and killing wave after wave of minions while being unable to complete executions 95% of the time is not fun for me personally. I like the idea of Breach and the objectives, the game mode itself is a great addition, but it's fast becoming tedious to the point where I'm already back to playing Tribute and the occasional game of Dominion and only really playing Breach to complete orders.

Still, the game mode was free so what the hell. To those who enjoy it, more power to you, but it's not for me in its current form.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-24-2018, 01:15 AM
So you talk about realism and base your argumentation on a romantisized movie? ^^

If an average soldier's mind would get baboozled after seing another minion drop dead, then battles would end after the first kill.

Seing an hostile commander killing my own commander and taking that extra time for an execution in a ring of his soldiers ... my thoughts would most likely be "Let me stab that idiot from behind, while he can't evaluate the situation properly and plays with my dead mate's corps for 7 more seconds for artistic reasons. I will get so much fame for his head and all the knight chicks from all across Europe".
You should reread what I wrote because you misunderstood why I used the movie Troy in it.
So your saying the David vs Goliath mentality is more likely after seeing your superior getting butchered? 😂

Illyrian_King
10-24-2018, 01:25 AM
Well, if Brave Heart taught me one thing ...

Now for real ^^
Don't turn your back to the enemy, or the greatest coward can become the greatest hero

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-24-2018, 01:50 AM
Well, if Brave Heart taught me one thing ...

Now for real ^^
Don't turn your back to the enemy, or the greatest coward can become the greatest hero
OK movie references?... Even though you just made fun of me for allegedly doing the same thing?
Where in braveheart does this happen?

If your out for a walk in the forest with 10 your friends and a bear mauls two of them faster than you can reach for your camera to get a selfie of the event... Well your telling me that you and the other seven friends are going to fight off the bear?

SangLong524
10-24-2018, 02:13 AM
I’m on the fence about this.
On one hand, it is good that minions are incredibly useful for once. They can save u from execution or even kill the enemy if you draw him around the minions.
On the other hand, it is also incredibly annoying to be interrupted. Not to mention with 4 minions around, you will eat what equivalent to a heavy every second. They are just too deadly in breach. too tough as well.
Furthermore, since minions are practically everywhere, it diminishes the value of hard earned steel spent on the executions. Sure, you can your duel or all out brawl to minion free areas, but not everyone will follow you there. Always remember that there is no honor. I personally have no sh*t to give.
However, if execution is interruptible again, what will happen to the ram?

Armegedon1208
10-24-2018, 02:21 AM
(Primarily talking about breach here)The minions are broke, i don't mind them staggering during executes, map awareness is an important skill, the issue comes in how much damage they do for how many of them there are, you lose half health for clearing a minion wave. They take way too long to kill shouldn't be more than 2 hits for any character. Perhaps my biggest gripe with them is the pursuit mechanic they seem to have, where i have been well away from minion lane and they will leave it by about 50 ft to come a attack me.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-24-2018, 02:45 AM
What if they made minions give you health when you kill one (like in inferno dominion) but at the same time can attack you like they already do? Maybe just allow health back for the attacking team since they have limited respawns.

Xil_h
10-24-2018, 09:25 AM
Minions were tested in both Breach Tests and feedback was requested.
As it seems the majority of players liked the stronger minions (me included), so they now are how they are.

Seriously, learn when and what execution you can use in a situation or create a situation in which you can use your execution without risk. It's just a skill like knowing how to block.
I find it easy to bait enemy's close to your own minions or away from theirs as they are all greedy on kills. And if they won't come you can attack minions and keep an eye on them, they will eventually answer your attempt in clearing the wave.

Other than that... Play dominion and stay away from the Frontline, then you can execute for days

Illyrian_King
10-24-2018, 09:34 AM
Minions were tested in both Breach Tests and feedback was requested.
As it seems the majority of players liked the stronger minions (me included), so they now are how they are.

Seriously, learn when and what execution you can use in a situation or create a situation in which you can use your execution without risk. It's just a skill like knowing how to block.
I find it easy to bait enemy's close to your own minions or away from theirs as they are all greedy on kills. And if they won't come you can attack minions and keep an eye on them, they will eventually answer your attempt in clearing the wave.

Other than that... Play dominion and stay away from the Frontline, then you can execute for days

It is funny how people still complain about this ^^

It took me about 4-5 Breach matches till I completely adapted to the minions. Now I barely get hit by them even when I fight whole waves. Use guard mode and profit 12 reknown per kill.

After the Breach Test I disliked the Dominion trash troopers even more. The Breach minions were no thread anymore.

Some people simply want to bump into them like a bossinator 9000 and not use the given game mechanics like blocking because it would be extra "work".

I don't want them to get simplified for some lazy people and lose a good game mechanic!

I barely get touched by them and they are very assisting how I use them.

VentrisWR
10-24-2018, 01:03 PM
My argument falls on it's face, because my friends didn't like it?

Guess you were to hasty at this point ^^

pretty much. you go from thread to thread on this topic tilted because of your feelings and "realism". because we all know *checks* shamans stabbing someone with a kitchen knife and smacking them lets them heal. and you're welcome for the correction.

you also keep trying to make it about the minions in general, which isnt the subject of this thread, interrupting executions are. executions are actually part of the game tool kit benefits like healing as well as the actual perk system. so ubisoft played themselves on this one since they'll lose steel pack sales also.

and that's really that, champ.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-24-2018, 03:24 PM
I'm fine with the minions the way they are but if we are talking about realism...then no. It's not real. A greenhorn would not attack a champion on the battleground without leadership or if they were backed into a corner.

Illyrian_King
10-24-2018, 05:52 PM
pretty much. you go from thread to thread on this topic tilted because of your feelings and "realism". because we all know *checks* shamans stabbing someone with a kitchen knife and smacking them lets them heal. and you're welcome for the correction.

you also keep trying to make it about the minions in general, which isnt the subject of this thread, interrupting executions are. executions are actually part of the game tool kit benefits like healing as well as the actual perk system. so ubisoft played themselves on this one since they'll lose steel pack sales also.

and that's really that, champ.

So following your statement realism is not even found in small traces and there should be flying unicorn shooting salty rainbows out of their butt?
Shaman is unauthentic as many other things ... but also many other things are fine.

I discuss on all minion threads, that's true. Where is the problem, as long as I don't spam and as long as I reason myself?

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-24-2018, 07:48 PM
I showed FH to many of my friends and about 80% abruptly turned away,

So how many people did you show this too exactly? 80% of what, 3, 6, 9, 40 people? 80% of 3 isnt much.

Your entire comment is bs. At least try not to make ish up.

Illyrian_King
10-24-2018, 08:28 PM
So how many people did you show this too exactly? 80% of what, 3, 6, 9, 40 people? 80% of 3 isnt much.

Your entire comment is bs. At least try not to make ish up.

More then 10 for sure ... 2 picked up the game and I play with them.

Explain me why my comment is bs?

Mini1900
10-24-2018, 08:42 PM

This is not cool.

Oh yes Interrupt execution and revive , and in some maps , you can turn your back while playing becaus the zone B ist like the whole map which will the red zone and nobody will fight or do anything there and all what you will see is : the 4 mates in team hunting 1 random public in some corner . When somebody say letting minions interrupt everything in dominions is a "right" direction, i just " bro, do you actually play the game? " At begin everybody says wtf r these useless minions on B zone and why do they die so fast ,they r just total useless part of the game. They should change that for sure, but let them be there and let them interrupt everything what PLAYERS WILL DO TO OTHER PLAYERS , WHAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MINIONS AND THEY BEING TOTAL USLESS will just make B zone the red zone for gank fight and fights will take place somewhere else like its now and nothing more .

SangLong524
10-24-2018, 10:00 PM
Ehem, things are getting hot over here.
I agree with that King guy, whoever he is. That toughen up minions is the right direction and that they are useful now.
However, the devs have taken it too far. Minions are too useful, too tough and hit too hard when there are more than one. Imo, it will be cool if execution is uninterruptible again, however keep the rest, so you will execute at your own peril. That way we can still enjoy executions and there will be a chance, big chance now, that the executioner be killed while he’s at it.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-24-2018, 10:26 PM
How do these superior minions stack up against the skeleton minions of yesteryear?

Also for some reason shugoki doesn't get interrupted from his executions sometimes. Probably do to his passive HA.

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 04:25 AM
So following your statement realism is not even found in small traces and there should be flying unicorn shooting salty rainbows out of their butt?
Shaman is unauthentic as many other things ... but also many other things are fine.

I discuss on all minion threads, that's true. Where is the problem, as long as I don't spam and as long as I reason myself?

"Personally I am so full of this cartoonish "super warrior screws whole armies" stuff."

"Now I barely get hit by them even when I fight whole waves. Use guard mode and profit 12 reknown per kill."

topkek.

also this thread isnt about the minions per-se, its about them interrupting executions. perhaps you should find a more general minion thread to share your feelings on how you're a super soldier but also how you hate being a super soldier.

and that'll be that.

CptMatsumaru
10-25-2018, 08:29 AM
we have: heal perks, heal areas, a brain. do executions away from the minions. or clear the area before execution. minions should be dangerous.

CoyoteXStarrk
10-25-2018, 08:31 AM
we have: heal perks, heal areas, a brain. do executions away from the minions. or clear the area before execution. minions should be dangerous.

No they shouldn't.

CptMatsumaru
10-25-2018, 08:38 AM
nobody want trash in For honor.

What game do you want?

One where you can run like a demigod? It is realistic and finish.
You are also interrupted by other heroes. Why not from the Pikemens?

You want to perform undisturbed executions? Play duel.

ooweda2blu
10-25-2018, 09:01 AM
Simply, breach mode is a team-based game mode, where a good teamplay brings the victory.
The new minons are stronger than the old ones and they do damage to the ram, so you take more damage than the old ones if they hit you. As a teamplay game mode, you shouldn't have an easy life during the match if you test yourself in a group of 10 upgraded minion (and maybe while you are fighting against an hero). Now, just one hit can interrupt your executions, so don't matter if there is 1 or 10 minons, if one hit reaches you then your executions would be trashed away.
The only way to make your life easier is to kill minions and then do the execution you think is the best at the moment. If you can't do that, wait your minions or allies, or run away and think that as strategic retreat.

Why should you give an easy kill to your opponent, or be stopped by the minion and play without the execution heal at 10% of HP?

Minions are dangerous because if you fight a large number of them without your minions or allies, you mustn't have chances to complete the fight without being damage a lot or without two lone wolf attack waves.

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 09:27 AM

"we have: heal perks"

"a brain"

one of the two heal perks is after executions.

thanks for playing, champ.

SpaceJim12
10-25-2018, 09:34 AM
Minions are fine! Finally you can't clear them on your way to another objective points.

The only thing Ubi should do IMO is to improve targeting when captains around. I want to save my teammate from death, but game always think I need to be locked to this captain in another corner of the zone.

CptMatsumaru
10-25-2018, 09:35 AM

"a brain"

i dont know your problem.

I have in breach 5-15 executions pro round. avg 20-35 kills. use fast executions or l2p this mode. i cant help you anymore.

Xil_h
10-25-2018, 09:39 AM
We also have Feats like Heal or regenerate. Perfect for Breach mode.
Learn to adapt your playstyle for certain modes.

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 09:41 AM
i dont know your problem.

I have in breach 5-15 executions pro round. avg 20-35 kills. use fast executions or l2p this mode. i cant help you anymore.

lets see that again:

"a brain"

CptMatsumaru
10-25-2018, 09:43 AM
i hate the comunity.

whats your problem?

you mean perks (gear) and i meaning feats (healbanner)?

i dont know

Edit: Yes i meaning perks! (new perk system)

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 09:46 AM
i hate the comunity.

whats your problem?

i dont know

I guess you're still figuring out what perks are since you said perks and not feats.

have you tried training mode yet? it might help you.

CptMatsumaru
10-25-2018, 09:47 AM
off topic.

if you want flame me, send privat message.

Xil_h
10-25-2018, 09:49 AM
i hate the comunity.

whats your problem?

i dont know

Ignorance is a blessing sometimes.

Let him cry, he either adapts (play like the mode should be played or switch to other mode without minions) or he will not accomplish anything.

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 09:51 AM

Let him cry, he either adapts (play like the mode should be played or switch to other mode without minions) or he will not accomplish anything.

stop crying because you never bothered to read the tool tips and just picked whichever had the pretty colors you liked.

you left out that there are other perks that give bonuses that require executions. maybe play the game how its meant to be played because you've accomplished nothing here.

CptMatsumaru
10-25-2018, 09:52 AM

you are right.
Sorry about that.

CptMatsumaru
10-25-2018, 10:00 AM
stop crying because you never bothered to read the tool tips and just picked whichever had the pretty colors you liked.

you left out that there are other perks that give bonuses that require executions. maybe play the game how its meant to be played because you've accomplished nothing here.

use fast executions, clear the area before execution. you dont get enough heal, use feats, perks, heal areas, revange or what ever. play in team.

you got enough tips.

good luck!

Tschuuuuh! (bye)

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 10:07 AM
use fast executions, clear the area before execution. you dont get enough heal, use feats, perks, heal areas, revange or what ever. play in team.

you got enough tips.

good luck!

Tschuuuuh! (bye)

not every hero class has fast enough executions and if they do they might be behind a pay wall. in which case you're demanding that other people spend steel to manage your feelings on the situation.

again, have you tried the training mode? it could help you with these things since you seem new to the internetz.

CptMatsumaru
10-25-2018, 10:10 AM
not every hero class has fast enough executions and if they do they might be behind a pay wall.

Our conversation is over here.
xD

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 10:13 AM
Our conversation is over here.
xD

it was over when I dunked on you to begin with because you havent read the tool tips regarding certain perks requiring executions and you didnt know feats from perks.

scamper along now.

Goat_of_Vermund
10-25-2018, 10:29 AM
Not every hero has the chance to execute at all (pk has 20 damage heavies and no heavy on gb for example), while others, like Highlander, get executions on almost every attack. So, executions are already unfair, some heroes will have much more chance, it is a bit more balanced this way.

This "I paid for it" argument is dumb. Should other players also wait just because that execution was expensive?

It looks very easy to manage this execution problem: if there is a minion in hit range, don't do it, or do it quickly, everyone has shorter ones. There are areas where are minion free. And the most important is, you can always execute captains, you can watch executions on them as much as you like.

CptMatsumaru
10-25-2018, 10:37 AM
it was over when I dunked on you to begin with because you havent read the tool tips regarding certain perks requiring executions and you didnt know feats from perks.

scamper along now.

What do you actually think you are?

Do you think the game should be up to you?
Are you unable to adapt and learn?

Just because this forum is on the internet, you do not have to annoy others with your frustration.

We gave you tips.
I meant perks.
Please read the posts again.
I deliberately did not call "feats" because all heroes have different "feats".
And you do not realize your own mistake.
"One of two perks are after the execution."

If you're just too incompetent to get an execution in "Breach," then play duel. There you have your peace!

I am so fed up with such children who miss their frustration and people who just want to help.

If you do not like the new mode and the new minions, please delete the game or let it help you.

Make a group and make sure a teammate keeps your back free for you to get your execution.

Honestly it would be appropriate that you try out the training.

So where is your problem?

Can not you clean the area? Do not you find the Healarea on the map? Can not you kill the Minions first? Can not you manage to lure your opponents away from the Minions?
Is the new perk system too difficult for you to understand?

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?

Just to put it down and say: Minions should not stop the execution without reason is nonsense.

CoyoteXStarrk
10-25-2018, 10:42 AM
I will never understand people who want the game to be worse on purpose.

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 10:48 AM
What do you actually think you are?

Do you think the game should be up to you?

If you're just too incompetent to get an execution in "Breach," then play duel. There you have your peace!

toplolz

you were leaving also.

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 10:57 AM

they distracted from your original post because they cant address that the interruptions are making things more difficult than they have to be. but if they think its bad now, wait til you get organized groups of jiang juns running 2 damage reduction perks and remedy on defense who focus on denying attackers the healing zone. they'll be the first ones back here complaining "NERF JIANG JUN!!! NERF BASTION!!! NERF REMEDY!!!"

Xil_h
10-25-2018, 12:44 PM

scamper along now.

Use other perks and wait for perk balance update, easiest solution.

It feels like you sit in a box and you just won't look up to see the world outside.
Have fun raging.
Cya... Not in breach I guess xD

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 12:50 PM
Use other perks and wait for perk balance update, easiest solution.

It feels like you sit in a box and you just won't look up to see the world outside.
Have fun raging.
Cya... Not in breach I guess xD

and here it is, the absolutely worst take possible with the lowest IQ effort possible.

"wait for the perk balance update because I not gud at nobushi and dont like gold on outfits."

you're basically low level trolling and flaming because you dont like something and think you represent the only player in the game. congrats on failing.

g. g.

Xil_h
10-25-2018, 01:22 PM
and here it is, the absolutely worst take possible with the lowest IQ effort possible.

"wait for the perk balance update because I not gud at nobushi and dont like gold on outfits."

you're basically low level trolling and flaming because you dont like something and think you represent the only player in the game. congrats on failing.

g. g.

No its not the worst possible take.
I like how it is. If you don't like it then that's on you and you have to find a way around so I suggested some things to you.

And there is zero reason to get personal, it tells a lot about you. You probably just don't have any good arguments left.
Sad.

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 03:10 PM
You probably just don't have any good arguments left.
Sad.

me: 'here's how it affects both actual gameplay and the perk system"

you: "muh feelungz"

Xil_h
10-25-2018, 03:35 PM
me: 'here's how it affects both actual gameplay and the perk system"

you: "muh feelungz"

Me: "OK, this is why I think it isn't an issue and that's what you can do if you have trouble adapting"

You: "oh doh durr I dos not have anyz good argumedez leftz, letz get back to perzonal attackz against other thinkerz"

Time to follow my earlier advice to just ignore you...

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 03:51 PM
Me: "OK, this is why I think it isn't an issue and that's what you can do if you have trouble adapting"

you already admitted it was an issue when you said "wait for the perk update" which is what I had said to begin with, it was an actual issue that would affect the new perk system. its literally an issue with their entire new system in their DLC and you flat out backed that up.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's checkmate.

game. set. match.

Illyrian_King
10-25-2018, 04:33 PM

That's why I don't understand your ambitions in this thread ...

Basically you argue to baby-size a mechanic in this game so the brave hero can always get a clean execution done in every situation because he is the chosen one.

Go and play Duell.

Edit:

you already admitted it was an issue when you said "wait for the perk update" which is what I had said to begin with, it was an actual issue that would affect the new perk system. its literally an issue with their entire new system in their DLC and you flat out backed that up.

game. set. match.

To actually enter the perk argument ... just because a perk synergizes with executions, doesn't justify getting it guaranteedly delivered everytime you finish a player or even an NPC captain with a heavy.

Take the perk "Crush Them" for example. 20% extra dmg on the next ATTACK after a kill. Means an attack can also whiff or just get blocked and the bonus damage is wasted entirely. There are even worse perks.

In comparison to that the execution perk "Devourer" is still a health generator.

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 05:10 PM
That's why I don't understand

you could have just left it at this and been done with it. the title of the thread is "Minions should not be able to interrupt executions in Breach" and you went on some rambling nonsense about "every situation ever" or something. its literally in the title of the thread.

Wookiescantfly
10-25-2018, 06:12 PM
Okay my dude, I'm gonna drop some knowledge about the game for general reference to make my point clearer. No, I will not offer a TLDR. Use your eyeballs and read.

There are 22 playable heroes in this game, and of those 22 heroes:

9 have access to the Tier 1 feat Body Count, which heals you when you kill minions

7 have access to the Tier 1 feat Bounty Hunter, which heals you when you kill other heroes.

10 have access to the Tier 3 feat Second Wind, which heals you for a considerable amount of health.

Conqueror and Shaolin have the Tier 3 feat Heal on Block, which does exactly as the name implies and is unique to these two characters.

Shaolin also has access to the Tier 3 feat Invigorate, which heals himself and nearby allies any time he launches an attack from Qi stance and is unique to him only

Lawbringer and Tiandi have the Tier 3 feat Protected Revive, which makes their revive uninterruptible, grants a shield to the ally reviving them, and is unique to these two characters.

Tiandi also has access to the Tier 3 Feat Vital Leech, granting him a Life Leech ability when at less than half health and is unique to him only

Jiang Jun has access to the Tier 3 Feat Soothing Mist, which is a burst heal for himself and allies in an AoE based on how many enemies are nearby and is unique to him only

6 have access to the Tier 4 feat Regenerate, which is a passive HoT whenever you're not sprinting, guarding, or in combat.

6 have access to the Tier 4 Feat Stalwart Banner, which provides an AoE HoT for allies.

Highlander has access to the Tier 4 Feat Champion's Aura, which is an AoE HoT centered on himself and is unique to him only.

Warlord has access to the Tier 4 Feat Auto Revive, which allows him to automatically revive within a handful of seconds if not executed and is unique to him only.

Shinobi has access to the Tier 4 Feat Yama Uba, which regenerates a small portion of their health with every successful strike and is unique to him only.

10 have access to the Perk Remedy, which heals you for 10 HP when you kill another hero.

11 have access tot he Perk Devourer, which grants an additional 15 HP when you execute an enemy. (Does not have to be a hero)

Shaolin and Shinobi have access to both Remedy and Devourer, so of the 19 combined heroes that have access to those perks only Tiandi, Shaolin, and Shugoki do not have access to healing as a Tier 1 Feat. To shorten that even more, Shugoki has his bear hug that instakills when he's in critical health. Even then, Tiandi and Shaolin have access to healing feats at Tier 3.

But wait, you say! That relies on my being able to get to Tier 3 perks in Breach/Dominion! Ah, but you have allies, my friend! Allies who may be doing better than you! Allies who my have slotted one of the team use healing abilities I listed above.

Now then for the point of me dropping all this knowledge: the minions are not an issue and you have plenty of health regen outside of executions and the healing spot that has to be contested between both teams. If being able to heal is that much of a concern and you want, arguably, the safest character to play for Breach then just play Shaman; blood trance gives her so much potential health regen that it's ridiculous.

My reason for saying this is that shaman herself has both bleed damage as a part of her kit normally and has sharpened blade. Not only does blood trance heal her every time she hits someone who is bleeding, but she can also just do redonk damage with her bite and heal up off of it. What makes her the safest isn't this however, but the fact that 10 of the 22 characters for the game have access to bleed damage (including herself). You have roughly a 45%~ chance per ally that one of them is going to pick a character that has access to bleed damage, which makes her pretty safe.

CptMatsumaru
10-25-2018, 06:42 PM
Okay my dude, I'm gonna drop some knowledge about the game for general reference to make my point clearer. No, I will not offer a TLDR. Use your eyeballs and read.

There are 22 playable heroes in this game, and of those 22 heroes:

9 have access to the Tier 1 feat Body Count, which heals you when you kill minions

7 have access to the Tier 1 feat Bounty Hunter, which heals you when you kill other heroes.

10 have access to the Tier 3 feat Second Wind, which heals you for a considerable amount of health.

Conqueror and Shaolin have the Tier 3 feat Heal on Block, which does exactly as the name implies and is unique to these two characters.

Shaolin also has access to the Tier 3 feat Invigorate, which heals himself and nearby allies any time he launches an attack from Qi stance and is unique to him only

Lawbringer and Tiandi have the Tier 3 feat Protected Revive, which makes their revive uninterruptible, grants a shield to the ally reviving them, and is unique to these two characters.

Tiandi also has access to the Tier 3 Feat Vital Leech, granting him a Life Leech ability when at less than half health and is unique to him only

Jiang Jun has access to the Tier 3 Feat Soothing Mist, which is a burst heal for himself and allies in an AoE based on how many enemies are nearby and is unique to him only

6 have access to the Tier 4 feat Regenerate, which is a passive HoT whenever you're not sprinting, guarding, or in combat.

6 have access to the Tier 4 Feat Stalwart Banner, which provides an AoE HoT for allies.

Highlander has access to the Tier 4 Feat Champion's Aura, which is an AoE HoT centered on himself and is unique to him only.

Warlord has access to the Tier 4 Feat Auto Revive, which allows him to automatically revive within a handful of seconds if not executed and is unique to him only.

Shinobi has access to the Tier 4 Feat Yama Uba, which regenerates a small portion of their health with every successful strike and is unique to him only.

10 have access to the Perk Remedy, which heals you for 10 HP when you kill another hero.

11 have access tot he Perk Devourer, which grants an additional 15 HP when you execute an enemy. (Does not have to be a hero)

Shaolin and Shinobi have access to both Remedy and Devourer, so of the 19 combined heroes that have access to those perks only Tiandi, Shaolin, and Shugoki do not have access to healing as a Tier 1 Feat. To shorten that even more, Shugoki has his bear hug that instakills when he's in critical health. Even then, Tiandi and Shaolin have access to healing feats at Tier 3.

But wait, you say! That relies on my being able to get to Tier 3 perks in Breach/Dominion! Ah, but you have allies, my friend! Allies who may be doing better than you! Allies who my have slotted one of the team use healing abilities I listed above.

Now then for the point of me dropping all this knowledge: the minions are not an issue and you have plenty of health regen outside of executions and the healing spot that has to be contested between both teams. If being able to heal is that much of a concern and you want, arguably, the safest character to play for Breach then just play Shaman; blood trance gives her so much potential health regen that it's ridiculous.

My reason for saying this is that shaman herself has both bleed damage as a part of her kit normally and has sharpened blade. Not only does blood trance heal her every time she hits someone who is bleeding, but she can also just do redonk damage with her bite and heal up off of it. What makes her the safest isn't this however, but the fact that 10 of the 22 characters for the game have access to bleed damage (including herself). You have roughly a 45%~ chance per ally that one of them is going to pick a character that has access to bleed damage, which makes her pretty safe.

Game over!

Dragonczarx2013
10-25-2018, 06:54 PM
while i agree with wookiescantfly, i personaly feel they just needa tone the minion damage down a little bit vs players. Its not the interupts that drive me bonkers, its messing up one guard break vs ai as he tosses me into a wave of minions and 80% of my hp vanishes instantly. not saysing they should do none just reduce it by like 25% ish

VentrisWR
10-25-2018, 07:00 PM
11 have access tot he Perk Devourer, which grants an additional 15 HP when you execute an enemy. (Does not have to be a hero)"

use your eyeballs and read:

"Minions should not be able to interrupt executions in Breach"

this was literally the point I made about interruptions affecting certain perks.

all that effort to try to get a dunk and you clanged it off the rim, my dude.

Illyrian_King
10-25-2018, 07:52 PM
you could have just left it at this and been done with it. the title of the thread is "Minions should not be able to interrupt executions in Breach" and you went on some rambling nonsense about "every situation ever" or something. its literally in the title of the thread.

What are you talking about?

Read my last message again. When I talked about the mechanic CoyoteXStarrk wants to baby-size, then I talked about executions.
Btw you just quoted just 10% of my whole statement.

this was literally the point I made about interruptions affecting certain perks.

It seems like you don't understand, that people bring in arguments from outside the very title of this topic, to explain why the interrupt is okay or even justified, so as I do.

My dude.

Xil_h
10-25-2018, 09:25 PM

game. set. match.

You played yourself xD

Admitting that perks may need a balance update has almost nothing to do with the question at hand: minions interrupting executions.

Yes minions should interupt.
Yes perks may need balance updates.

Wookiescantfly
10-25-2018, 09:38 PM

*sigh* I even put it in bold, italics, and underscore and you still completely missed what I was trying to tell you. Let me do this again, but in big, bright letters for you

the minions are not an issue and you have plenty of health regen outside of executions and the healing spot that has to be contested between both teams.

Also, with the way you took that quote out of context you must work for a major news station. Let's try that again, but with context this time. I'll even put it in bright colors for you again.

To take this a step further, your point about the minions interrupting executions has to do with denying reliably health regeneration and I provided not only a counter argument, but evidence that supports that counter argument. You liken this debate to a basket ball game and claim that I tried, and failed, at a slam dunk, but you're not even on the court.

Illyrian_King
10-25-2018, 10:09 PM
You played yourself xD

Admitting that perks may need a balance update has almost nothing to do with the question at hand: minions interrupting executions.

Yes minions should interupt.
Yes perks may need balance updates.

Hahaha yep, he definitely went off-topic ^^

This dicussion has no worth anymore ...

Ubiflowessence
10-25-2018, 11:19 PM
I am closing this thread because of the back and forth between users and discussions having gone off topic. Going forward, please make sure comments are not only constructive, but also respectful and on topic when posting in the forums.