PDA

View Full Version : I have 1800 hours on For Honor and I finally have an opinion

DeniedMars
10-21-2018, 07:16 AM
This game feels like its nothing but unbalanced and broken 90% of the time, I'm reputation 186 at the time of posting this and after the release of marching fire i feel like the game is at its worst position for balance it has ever been. Developers are ignoring character like lawbringer stating that we just need to "Learn how to play our character" and are ignoring player opinions on most changes such as the soldier buff, out of everyone i asked nobody thought it was a good idea and we all had different ways that would still make them useful but not op like they are now. The character Jiang Jun is straight up over powered especially if you have more than 1 of them in a game and block stun still hasn't been addressed at all and is blatantly ignored. I just don't feel that the developers care about the majority's opinion and only have specific favorites they sometimes listen to occasionally and any other time its a "Mother knows best" situation. Don't get me wrong, i love this game and the idea it's built around, but right now it's just being abused by the developers until they have no players anymore. I have played this game almost every day since release with the mentality that "It'll get better" but I haven't seen that yet, and I don't think I will.

Goldenbiy
10-21-2018, 07:28 AM
Same! I feel you bro

IlluminatiIzzy
10-21-2018, 10:14 AM
Vouch. Balancing team should actually play their game and realise everything that is wrong.

Blitzwarrior771
10-21-2018, 10:28 AM
You can guard break them ? Thatís what most expirenced players do it donít matter what hero they play they just guard break and punish .

MuscleTech12018
10-21-2018, 11:23 AM
This developers don't play their own game.That's certain. It;s enough to watch the stream to see they are basicaly worst than amateurs

ScrubonFire
10-21-2018, 12:34 PM
They even havent nerfed Shaman yet

Kargish1
10-21-2018, 12:52 PM
I thought it was a late april fool's joke when they said Lawbringer, Shugoki and Centurion are the best duelers right now.

Filthje_NL
10-21-2018, 06:57 PM
sometimes you can push any button but the game refuses to act and if it will react for some miracle it need so much time to swing, at the time he will swing it, i already died 3 times over and thats only against 1 player if there are more you better can commit suicide

B1ack6uys
10-21-2018, 09:05 PM
Vouch. Balancing team should actually play their game and realise everything that is wrong.

I find it incredibly contradicting how they change a lot of stuff for the new players then say light spam and other stuff is a problem only at low level players. Like what? Make up your damn mind ubi

Knight_Raime
10-21-2018, 10:24 PM
As another long time player i'll have to disagree on the balance being the worst it's ever been. Have you forgotten how parries were pre season 5? Any attack could mean an instant death because of getting a guard break on a parry. Centurion used to be able to stunlock you to death. Goki has a demon ball 50/50 that you could do nothing against. Warlord's full block was practically instant and due to the various tools he had with it plus the ability to cgb in it meant he could not be punished for going into FB. conq could heavy, shield bash, heavy you to death. There were no deminishing returns to stuns so you could be locked to death from taking several bashes and hits. Revenge bashes used to knock people down. Highly annoying with someone like warlord who had an instant head butt. Unlock tech existed. Etc. I could go on.

I'm not saying for honor is a fairly balanced fully polished experience. But the game has factually gotten a lot better than it used to be. The game is sadly never going to be the best it could have been. But it still continues to get better. You can argue new annoyances replace the one's that have been fixed. And even if I were to agree with you I'd still prefer "light spam" to literally anything I just listed.

Vordred
10-21-2018, 11:02 PM
As another long time player i'll have to disagree on the balance being the worst it's ever been. Have you forgotten how parries were pre season 5? Any attack could mean an instant death because of getting a guard break on a parry. Centurion used to be able to stunlock you to death. Goki has a demon ball 50/50 that you could do nothing against. Warlord's full block was practically instant and due to the various tools he had with it plus the ability to cgb in it meant he could not be punished for going into FB. conq could heavy, shield bash, heavy you to death. There were no deminishing returns to stuns so you could be locked to death from taking several bashes and hits. Revenge bashes used to knock people down. Highly annoying with someone like warlord who had an instant head butt. Unlock tech existed. Etc. I could go on.

I'm not saying for honor is a fairly balanced fully polished experience. But the game has factually gotten a lot better than it used to be. The game is sadly never going to be the best it could have been. But it still continues to get better. You can argue new annoyances replace the one's that have been fixed. And even if I were to agree with you I'd still prefer "light spam" to literally anything I just listed.

yeah, they have made some steps in the right direction, but it always one step forward two steps back.

personal I think the most playable and balanced version of for honor, would be to roll back to season one, then implement the changes you listed and some others.

have the new gear (so no revenge builds and so on), change parries to work as they do now, so your not getting free GB and massive damage, making everyone turle. and change a few of the character things that were abusable, like 50/50's and so on.

unfortunately, Ubi seem intent on adding more and more abusable ****

DeniedMars
10-21-2018, 11:14 PM
youre right about everything you said, but for me personally with how often I play the game I feel like they care more about having players get the game rather than long term keeping them. With sales and the season pass characters rather than the community itself and just say they want to but still don't do anything about it. they don't let the community have a direct voice about it and only really acknowledge memes or a huge amount of anger at things they havent done yet like with taking items out of the store. If they did more asking about changes before working on them I think the game could be better, or at least letting us have an opinion on what characters should be reworked at the start of a season so we have something to look forward to, thats just my opinion though

VolatileKnight
10-22-2018, 12:36 AM
I feel the exact same way. I was there supporting For Honor even in it's lowest playercount days. But just like that, perks nullified my 800 hours. The perks themselves are the inherent issue, while I don't much care for the overly complex system, my main gripe is replacing stats that gave players a reason to build up their hero with perks that do nothing that pertain to the game.

They took out movement speed stats before because it was near useless, now they have that stat locked behind a player kill lmfao.

Buggy.Blaster
10-22-2018, 07:55 AM
haven't even nerfed shaman yet...?? u kidding they nerfed shaman to the ground bruh. buff the shaman please, she is so easy to counter unless your a noob.

Archaelion
10-22-2018, 02:54 PM
I want to see the devs play shugoki against any of the new wu lin heroes. #balanceshugoki #buffshugo #makeshugokifatagain

Hormly
10-22-2018, 03:57 PM
I've never played a fighter with more blatantly terrible balance than for honor.

Both in terms of general balance and the (in)frequency of balance patches

XJadeDragoonX
10-22-2018, 07:32 PM
This may be an unpopular opinion, but lawbringer really is a case of "git gud". A good lawbringer can **** your whole day up. The problem is that lawbringer is boring to play and boring to play against. So if he gets a rework, I dont think it's a viability rework in terms of his overall power but more of a fun factor rework. Could he also be better? Yeah sure. But hes certainly viable in all game modes.

Knight_Raime
10-22-2018, 08:01 PM
youre right about everything you said, but for me personally with how often I play the game I feel like they care more about having players get the game rather than long term keeping them. With sales and the season pass characters rather than the community itself and just say they want to but still don't do anything about it. they don't let the community have a direct voice about it and only really acknowledge memes or a huge amount of anger at things they havent done yet like with taking items out of the store. If they did more asking about changes before working on them I think the game could be better, or at least letting us have an opinion on what characters should be reworked at the start of a season so we have something to look forward to, thats just my opinion though

Maybe. For all we know the devs could want to do a lot more but simply don't have the resources to do so because upper management doesn't believe it would be a good financial investment.
It's already well established that as long as the devs can do the bare minimum (new cosmetics, sprinkled in adjustments, and new big content every few months) the non competitive players aka the bigger portion will come back and continue to play.

You are correct about their communication skills. Which i've always said was one of their biggest failings. But we also have to acknowledge that they do try to communicate. The blog posts they make when they make changes, showing us some statistics, and even tackling some issues openly (such as their recent comment on light spam) all show that they do make an effort to communicate. They still need to do more and better. But it's worth acknowledging imo.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-22-2018, 08:12 PM
Might drown in here with all the tears.

DeniedMars
10-22-2018, 08:44 PM
i have played 16 reps of law on console and 26 on pc, the fact is he cant open people so if the enemy turtles he cant really do anything at all, and in 4s that just means that they're waiting for a teammate