PDA

View Full Version : I like Breach, but killing minions is unfun

Mia.Nora
10-21-2018, 04:29 AM
Unless you are ***ing around, in Breach you spend most of your playtime killing minions.

As much as I appreciate that minions finally have a role in the game and actually factor in getting the objectives, fighting them is extremely tedious and boring. Especially with the removal of minion kill animation there is not even a visual appeal to it. It is bland and boring mechanic-wise, and it is bland and boring visually...

If Breach is to thrive, they have to fix minion battling mechanics and animations. In its current state I can not tolerate playing more than 2 games before I just want to quit for the day.

vikingstone
10-21-2018, 05:39 AM
I agree. They need to fix them.

CoyoteXStarrk
10-21-2018, 08:47 AM
Very much agree. The minions are a mindless distraction. They are annoying as hell to clear. Especially now that they got rid of the minion clearing animations for some god forsaken reason.

Add that to the various other issues and the horrible perk system this entire update is such a fricking letdown.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-21-2018, 09:06 AM
I don't understand how I can go for a charged heavy on minion as a shugoki and miss half of them encircling me. Not to mention that each individual one takes forever to kill otherwise. Two heavies and 1 light to finish a single minion....that's probably enough to finish a shugoki with his HA down.

Blitzwarrior771
10-21-2018, 10:06 AM
you can play dominion 😂 minions are easy they wonít even fight back .

SicKno86
10-21-2018, 12:22 PM
They're fun and easy to kill using Aramusha on Breach. With any other Hero it's annoying. Some more than others like Shugoki for example. It's annoying to the point where i don't even want to do it and that's not a good sign.

DefiledDragon
10-21-2018, 01:33 PM
I don't understand how I can go for a charged heavy on minion as a shugoki and miss half of them encircling me. Not to mention that each individual one takes forever to kill otherwise. Two heavies and 1 light to finish a single minion....that's probably enough to finish a shugoki with his HA down.

I concur. I played with Shug the other day and I went into a crowd of minions thinking "this will teach you, you little bastards" and swung a charged heavy. I couldn't believe it when it didn't kill them. I swear my mouth fell open.

Illyrian_King
10-21-2018, 02:27 PM
you can play dominion 😂 minions are easy they wonít even fight back .

Exactly.

We don't need another mode with trash minions.

Klingentaenz3r
10-21-2018, 02:36 PM
They're fun and easy to kill using Aramusha on Breach. With any other Hero it's annoying. Some more than others like Shugoki for example. It's annoying to the point where i don't even want to do it and that's not a good sign.

there are sure some others who do well in this department too (especially the whole wulin faction except maybe nuxia). But I agree Musha is pretty fun to use in that field and they tweaked the minons just right together with the unlock fighting mechanic now it is not that awful and lacking control as before anymore

Klingentaenz3r
10-21-2018, 02:38 PM
I concur. I played with Shug the other day and I went into a crowd of minions thinking "this will teach you, you little bastards" and swung a charged heavy. I couldn't believe it when it didn't kill them. I swear my mouth fell open.

plus it so often sets you OOS too. Try to get away from that angry mop then that turns on fully hostile on your fat bumb

DefiledDragon
10-21-2018, 05:11 PM
plus it so often sets you OOS too. Try to get away from that angry mop then that turns on fully hostile on your fat bumb

Have you also noticed that once your HA is gone, those minions eat your HP like it's a 2 nugget happy meal?

bannex19
10-21-2018, 07:00 PM
The minion specific attacks were to reduce the unimpressive minion combat. Removing that without addressing the lack of fun minion fighting is has left us with this.

They really need to review fighting minions and making it feel at least like your character is a beast instead of the crap that's going on now.

All characters should be stam back when a minion is killed in breach. It should be a mode mechanic

UbiInsulin
10-21-2018, 07:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the discussion here. I passed on the feedback about removing the minion-clearing animations already, but I can reinforce this point to the team.

B1ack6uys
10-21-2018, 08:13 PM
Unless you are ***ing around, in Breach you spend most of your playtime killing minions.

As much as I appreciate that minions finally have a role in the game and actually factor in getting the objectives, fighting them is extremely tedious and boring. Especially with the removal of minion kill animation there is not even a visual appeal to it. It is bland and boring mechanic-wise, and it is bland and boring visually...

If Breach is to thrive, they have to fix minion battling mechanics and animations. In its current state I can not tolerate playing more than 2 games before I just want to quit for the day.

The minions ruin the flow of combat and when they all attack at once itís impossible to do anything let alone when a player is attacking you. They do too much damage for how often they attack. Itís so frustrating. I hope changes are made

B1ack6uys
10-21-2018, 08:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the discussion here. I passed on the feedback about removing the minion-clearing animations already, but I can reinforce this point to the team.

Please give us at least a symbol indicator as to which are attacking or what side. Right now they just all attack and eat your health much too quick for the amount of Stam thats needed to take them down

Knight_Raime
10-21-2018, 10:36 PM
I'll have to personally disagree. I like killing the minions. I do miss those unique animations. but i'm not bothered by their removal.
Then again I used to play a lot of moba-like games. So killing fodder is something i'd actually enjoy.

Mia.Nora
10-22-2018, 01:57 AM
I'll have to personally disagree. I like killing the minions. I do miss those unique animations. but i'm not bothered by their removal.
Then again I used to play a lot of moba-like games. So killing fodder is something i'd actually enjoy.

This has nothing to do with 'killing minions' as a concept being bad. I have over 2k hours in LoL and Elsword combined. Those 2 games are extremely different but killing minions is a part of both. I have never complained about killing minions in those games simply because it is not a boring bland chore there as it is here in Breach.

Mechanically speaking current state of minion battle is based on the most primitive game mechanic they could have ever thought of. I only encountered such basic minion fight mechanics in browser games made by amateur individuals. Even most of those browser games have better mechanics than current breach.

To top it all, it is visually boring. One thing where FH never fell short was visual / animation quality, and just flopped hard in their strongest suit.

psyminion
10-22-2018, 02:16 AM
To top it all, it is visually boring. One thing where FH never fell short was visual / animation quality, and just flopped hard in their strongest suit.

agreed so hard.

chukblok
10-22-2018, 03:35 AM
Sadly I somewhat agree. I totally am for meeting halfway...It flows like "chop....chop....chop.....run and heal....run back....chop.....chop....repeat.

I say either bring back smoother killing animations so it flows...or reduce their damage slightly

OoKaMi_79
10-22-2018, 03:49 PM
We would need new animations for killing minions, the old ones were 1 hit = 1 kill and now the minions are tougher.

So new and unique animations with 2 or 3 hits per minion would be nice.

Totally agree that without cool animations killing minions is way too boring

Kalsiner
10-22-2018, 10:21 PM
I bet they just forget to create the killing minions animations for the Wu Lin heroes and they just decided to take the animations from all other characters.

yfkutfui
10-22-2018, 10:49 PM
i played breach and the opposing Nuxia camped in our life regen area picking off people going there to get health, i wont be playing breach again, this game is already toxic and cancerous enough for me, i cant handle yet another layer of it added on

Helnekromancer
10-22-2018, 11:16 PM
It takes forever for PK to kill minions, they don't even bleed. It feels so bad to use her in Breach.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-23-2018, 11:55 AM
I watch a group of players on YouTube play and all they did was follow the line. They let the archers kill off the defending teams minions and just focused on protecting the zones instead of killing minions by the Ram personally. Seemed like a smart plan

Illyrian_King
10-23-2018, 03:45 PM
I watch a group of players on YouTube play and all they did was follow the line. They let the archers kill off the defending teams minions and just focused on protecting the zones instead of killing minions by the Ram personally. Seemed like a smart plan

I tried the same, but it didn't work out.

For some reason bow it takes 4 arrows to kill a Pikemen instead of 2, like in the Open Breach Test. Archers are a good support but nothing more.

BankruptPaladin
10-23-2018, 11:43 PM
I agree, taking away the visual aspect of killing minions makes it a total bore. In some cases it actually brings the hero to somewhere closer to where it should be, like Aramusha, who definitely should be just chopping wildly into the crowd, where previously it was more effective and less frustrating to just hold LT and attack like you would an enemy hero. The fact that heroes don't even use the minion kill animations in Dominion anymore is just strangling my enthusiasm with this game. I've been playing every day for months and for the first time I felt like this game is getting worse instead of better.

Mia.Nora
10-25-2018, 09:20 AM
After some more breach, this became even more apparent. Best way of playing to objectives is pushing to the objective points enemy abandoned, which are occupied by minions. But fighting minions is as clunky as it gets. There are no mechanics apart from swing your weapon repeatedly. And it gets even worse when minions ignore hitbox when side attacks go right through them without connecting, making any positioning or selection of attacks also obsolete.

As said before animations dropping back to early WoW type auto-attack took away the only thing FH was good at, being a cinematic experience for medieval combat. I already dropped playing certain characters in Breach due to how bad they are in killing minions, at this rate I will have to go back to the cesspool called Dominion just because of clunkiness of boring bland minion combat mechanics combined with boring bland minion combat animations.

Fairemont
10-25-2018, 02:46 PM
It would be nice if they some how integrated attacks that were useful for clearing minions. Nobushi went from one of the best minion killing monsters in the game to absolute trash at it. She ax-chops them with her Naginata instead of taking wide sweeps. Its kind of annoying, but spamming sidewinder sort of works.

The minions went from pathetic to asininely tedious. I like that they pose a threat, but maybe it would be nice if they like... Idk... had a soft-lock for when guard is up so you can actually use attacks on them and block effectively instead of just letting them whittle away your HP like a chainsaw sculpture artist in full swing.