PDA

View Full Version : An Actor's Life for me (Glitched)

topekaguy1988
10-20-2018, 11:47 PM
Hello I was playing the game and trying to accept the quest An Actor's life for me but it will not add itself to my quest list. I don't know if it matters that I did the Socrates quest first. Everytime I restart the game I can ask about the quest but not successfully start it. In the time before I found this out there are only 2 cultists left and they would be dispatched in the quests following this one. At the moment I dont think I am able to complete the story. Also it was really hard trying to remember where pericle's house was without a marker. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

PS I am playing on PC through Project Stream if that helps.

gdbGamer
10-21-2018, 05:17 AM
I ran into the exact same issue today. I was playing on Project Stream on Linux. I hunted down all but two of the cultists before finishing "The Resistance" quest. After the cutscene ending the Resistance, there is a quest marker above Socrates (for Unearthing the Truth) but nothing above Aristophanes. If I talk to Aristophanes, there's dialog like I'm accepting a quest, but no quest entry and no map indicator.

gdbGamer
10-21-2018, 05:33 AM
I restarted the last chapter and finished "The Resistance" immediately quest. Both quests (Unearth the Truth and An Actor's Life) spawned as expected.

UbiGabrinth
10-21-2018, 05:56 AM
topekaguy, please let us know if your issue resolved as gdbGamer's did.

fencermusashi
10-21-2018, 06:08 AM
I've hit this same exact wall in the Project Stream beta - I can complete Socrates' quest but Aristophanes' quest marker does not appear on the map at all. Talking to Aristophanes makes the quest seem like it's starting, but the quest doesn't actually get accepted in the Quest menu, and there is no way to progress this quest forward, even if you find the actor's location without the aid of Ikaros. I tried restarting the chapter to complete the Resistance quest again but I keep getting the same results.

kcrockers
10-21-2018, 07:05 AM
I am having this same problem. I was doing the Actor’s life for me quest, then died during the quest and now the quest is no longer showing up. I see the target and even if I bring him to the proper building nothing happens. The nearest save I have before the mission is three hours of gameplay earlier.

topekaguy1988
10-21-2018, 01:49 PM
Ive restarted at the prison break and it still doesnt work for me. The quest wont update and be added to my list. Sorry.

topekaguy1988
10-21-2018, 01:52 PM
Kcrockers, yeah my early chapter autosave is like 8 hours earlier. I spent the rest of the time doing some quests and hunting the rest of the cultists. I guess I should be glad to see that Im not the only one with this problem. Thankyou for your responses everyone. I hope a solution can be found.

Sphynx9887
10-21-2018, 02:50 PM
yep, im stuck there too. He will speak to me as if i was getting the quest, but the quest never appears in my list. i have tried reloading multiple times, nothing fixes it. 61 hours into the game just wasted. My previous reload point is about 10 hours back....no thanks. good thing im in the project stream beta, i would have been pissed if i wasted $60 on a game i cant finish

fencermusashi
10-21-2018, 05:24 PM
Ended up biting the bullet and reloaded my save file from before the new chapter in the prison cell (about two hours earlier in the game, right around the To Kill or Not to Kill questline) and I was able to access the Actor's Life for Me quest when I finally got back to that point. It's not ideal but it does seem to be a solution.

topekaguy1988
10-21-2018, 06:53 PM
I don't have any saves before the earlier chapter auto save that is when I wake up in the jail cell. So that wont really work for me. Unless I really want a really old quick save that is 50 hours out of date.

gdbGamer
10-23-2018, 06:13 AM
I tried to do a binary search on my save games. My save from level 52 before killing the last two Gods of the Aegean cultists works properly, but my save from an hour and a half later when I had kill all of the Aegean Cultists at level 53 does not work. Could the bug have to do with being overleveled or having killed too many cultists?

Trenchguns
10-23-2018, 06:59 AM
I tried to do a binary search on my save games. My save from level 52 before killing the last two Gods of the Aegean cultists works properly, but my save from an hour and a half later when I had kill all of the Aegean Cultists at level 53 does not work. Could the bug have to do with being overleveled or having killed too many cultists?

Maybe this is an issue? I've killed almost every cult and am also a very high level (57, or 59) I also had the save from a chapter before and tried using that but no such luck still breaks.

topekaguy1988
10-23-2018, 08:05 PM
This is really frustrating to be honest.

Raf__________
10-24-2018, 12:21 AM
Also on Project Stream (Windows), same issue as everyone else. I took some time off of the story to hunt cultists. I only have 3 or so to go. Now that I'm back on the story, I can't progress beyond this point. I can pick up the "unearthing..." quest, and can talk to Aristophanes in a manner that seems to be a quest start, but nothing pops up. I tried backtracking to a save right when I wake up in jail, but no change...

I'm 74 hours in, and loving the game... But dear god I hope this gets fixed.

Raf__________
10-24-2018, 07:59 PM
Just to say that I spoke to an Ubisoft support staffer, who has escalated the issue to the dev team.

ubi--unicorn
10-24-2018, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the reports everyone, are you all on project stream?

topekaguy1988
10-24-2018, 10:54 PM
Yes, I think we all are.

ubi--unicorn
10-25-2018, 05:18 PM
Thanks all, I have reported this up.

masamunexiii
10-25-2018, 06:33 PM
Thanks all, I have reported this up.

I am experiencing this as well.

Sphynx9887
10-29-2018, 11:35 PM
any updates on this?

GenesisEclipse
10-30-2018, 12:18 PM
i cant continue my story after completing doing time and escaping the jail with help of barnadas and sokrates they sai to go to perikles estate but ones im there i cant talk to them

topekaguy1988
10-30-2018, 02:16 PM
I have not played for a week because I still dont have a fix. It would be nice to hear something at some point I guess.

Sphynx9887
10-31-2018, 04:27 PM
same, i've been playin RDR2 as an alternative, which is a great game but i hate switching games without finishing the first one i started

alanmuston1
10-31-2018, 06:14 PM
I have also been playing on Google's Project Stream. I tried the other work arounds in this thread, but I tried my previous chapter save file and still run into the bug of not getting the quest. The next earlier save I have is 40 hours back.

It would be nice to have the known issues thread https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1937294-Assassin-s-Creed-Odyssey-Known-Issues-Updated-Oct-22
updated with this as a known issue. It feels really upsetting to sunk 70+ hours into a game and to have story line progress blocked, and not feel like the issue is being looked at or investigated.

darkside254
11-01-2018, 08:38 AM
I also have this problem on Project Stream

zanglerska
11-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Same...shame it is so super late into the game too...did the unearthed quest but now can't progress. Wondering if it is another feature for high levels..I am lvl 61 and since passing 50 the game has tanked in terms of all the bugs.

alanmuston1
11-02-2018, 08:09 PM
@ubisoft_support. Please any update on this. It would be nice to have 30 seconds of someone's time to acknowledge someone is or is not looking at this.

Aschenseele7
11-02-2018, 09:37 PM
An Actor's Life For Me also disappeared completly for me. I think i was still having it minutes before i safed the game and restartet it again later, I was just on my way to search for the person. Now the game says im playing this quest if i look into my safe files ingame, but it is not visible ingame. If i go to the person who gave me the quest, he tries to give it to me again, but i do not get the quest after the dialogue. If i save after trying to get the quest again from him and load the safe file, he will after that try to give me the quest again.

I have an older safe file from before i made a lot of side quests, the main story quest is still available in this safe file. I did alot of stuff since then :/

Desperatly waiting for a fix.

Aschenseele7
11-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Iīm not at project stream or anything like that, just saying because i read this in the thread.

Raf__________
11-03-2018, 07:10 PM
I totally agree it's annoying as all hell, but to their credit we had a ubi staff reply on page 2 (ubi-unicorn), plus I talked to ubi support a week or so ago, and they said it was being escalated.

That said, I haven't heard anything since then, and we don't even have a place to see project stream patchnotes or anything...

zanglerska
11-04-2018, 02:28 AM
I reloaded the chapter and was willing to give up the 5hrs but it still did not show up.after unearthed. Tried all sorts of things differently than the first play through but no dice.

Raf__________
11-04-2018, 07:52 PM
@ubi--unicorn apologies, but any update? It's been almost 2 weeks now, with no info about a fix.

Side question, is there a projectStream-specific dev tracker/release notes we can find somewhere?

Johnz45
11-05-2018, 03:53 AM
I'm stuck here as well... can't progress forward with the story.

o7Latreia
11-06-2018, 02:44 AM
I'm now stuck here as well. I've completed every gold exclamation quest available, and finished every location. I can't turn in the daughters of artemis quest, and I don't have this 2nd resistance quest available to continue the main story. I can't wait to be able to finish the game, so I hope that the game breaking bug is resolved as a top priority.

balbodom
11-06-2018, 04:37 AM
After escaping the prison the quest An Actor's Life for me doesn't appear after speaking with Aristophane. Then after completing Unearthing the Truth I am left with, guess what... NO MAIN QUEST AT ALL, even though it's obvious the game isn't finished. I looked into many threads and this is a KNOWN ISSUE.

Can Ubisoft fix this ASAP? I cannot play the game anymore, but I purchased the full Season's pass.

HarrisonW
11-06-2018, 10:10 AM
I have the same issue, I can't complete this mission. Although mine seems to stem from the fact that there is someone already dead at Thespis' house and when I get to the tavern, Thespis and several Athenian guards are also dead. I don't recall killing them, although I may have.

My first question is, how was I able to? If these characters are integral to the main story, how could I have killed them?

Second, since I can't revive them, the oldest save I have is from 4 days ago, they're all dead in that save, my next oldest save (auto) is from 17 days and 54 hours before that. I am NOT going to replay 54 hours of this game. Might as well give me a refund right now.

Basileus28
11-06-2018, 10:47 PM
Happened to me just now as well. Extremely frustrating!

KaleSteak
11-07-2018, 01:09 AM
Still wondering if this is even acknowledged anywhere as a known issue or something that's being addressed. There have been a few instances where Ubi folks have responded to this thread or others but not in a manner suggesting it's a known/scheduled issue.

masamunexiii
11-10-2018, 12:03 AM
Still wondering if this is even acknowledged anywhere as a known issue or something that's being addressed. There have been a few instances where Ubi folks have responded to this thread or others but not in a manner suggesting it's a known/scheduled issue.

Besides the Community Manager responding like 2 weeks ago there has been zero response or acknowledgement that the issue exists, much less any timeline on resolution. Never mind the fact that most of us have had to literally quit the game until its resolved.

Thanks Ubi, way to show your customers how much they are worth...

chadalpine
11-10-2018, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the reports everyone, are you all on project stream?

I'm also on project stream and hit this bug last night. I didn't notice the quest wasn't in my list since I did Sokrate's quest first. I reloaded to the last chapter in the jail and replayed in hopes I could do An actor's life first but the quest still does not show up before or after I complete Sokrate's quest. Can we get some sort of timeline for this fix or should I just give up on seeing the end of this game after 80+ hours invested?

AngelNetsuke
11-10-2018, 10:00 PM
When I go to the tavern, Thespis is not there, the quest completes and the sequence quest does not appear.

GenesisEclipse
11-10-2018, 10:02 PM
i have this to and im playing on ps4 so i wont be able to 100% this game till they fix. shows what ubi thinks about us

topekaguy1988
11-11-2018, 04:39 AM
I havent played in 3 weeks and this is still a pretty big problem. And I worried originally that I was the only one with this problem but I was wrong.

zanglerska
11-11-2018, 06:11 AM
yep...still nothing from ubi...

play150
11-12-2018, 12:45 AM
Same here, tried restarting from the jail cell but no dice.

Ubi-Gumdrops
11-12-2018, 11:41 AM
Thanks for your patience everyone, this issue is being actively investigated and we hope to have updates to share with you as soon as possible.

longjohn119
11-12-2018, 03:42 PM
I've hit this same exact wall in the Project Stream beta - I can complete Socrates' quest but Aristophanes' quest marker does not appear on the map at all. Talking to Aristophanes makes the quest seem like it's starting, but the quest doesn't actually get accepted in the Quest menu, and there is no way to progress this quest forward, even if you find the actor's location without the aid of Ikaros. I tried restarting the chapter to complete the Resistance quest again but I keep getting the same results.

I bet you already killed the Cultist Rexenor that is part of that thread ..... The entire point of the Aristophanes' mission is to expose and kill the cCultist Rexenor but if you already killed him then it's really pointless since it can't be completed since you already killed the ending and you can't kill him twice

Raf__________
11-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Same situation as the guy you replied to, but Rhexenor is still grayed out on my cultist list (He's actually the only one I haven't done, besides Kleon and Deimos). I've stumbled across a few other cultists out of sequence, but Rhexenor seems to actually be quest-locked. And I just checked, I don't have the gear he drops.

alanmuston1
11-12-2018, 10:45 PM
So now that patch 1.6 is out it appears that people playing this game are running into this issue. This did not appear to be the case, before patch 1.6. So it appears to me that us using Project stream to have a slightly or even more updated version of the game, which had this bug in it. It was reported and not given any care, but now that people on systems are seeing it, they care. They should have cared about releasing a game breaking bug to everyone in the first place.

Setneufic80
11-13-2018, 03:08 AM
This issue is definitely affecting my play-through on PS4.

I luckily had a manual save prior to The Battle of Pylos, but nothing I have tried from this point gets this quest to trigger.

Personally, I believe it is linked to The Show Must Go On quest released in v1.06, due to the actor Thespis being in both.

I have tried completing this new quest, then continuing the story but it still doesn't trigger.

The alternative reasons may be being over a certain level (this save was level 49) or having killed certain cultists (prob not, I haven't gone out of my way to defeat them).

Slow response is sad... and I've only had a week to complain!

drewkam
11-13-2018, 11:16 AM
On ps4.An Actor's Life for Me does not register for me.Pubic Opinion does not show up as a quest line.After completing the Resistance and going to Perikles residence,the next quest line does not activate...sucks.Hope this get fixed,Good to know I am not the only one

masamunexiii
11-13-2018, 05:11 PM
Agreed with alanmuston1. Seems like the most recent update pushed this bug to console players too. Hopefully we will see a resolution now that significantly more players are affected.

sedaps_
11-14-2018, 07:07 AM
on project stream and hit this wall as well. guess it's time to move on!

OttenD4362
11-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Ubi it has been over 3 weeks what is taking so long. I am also on Stream but it now seems to be affecting everyone!!!!

XmasJaxonFlaxon
11-14-2018, 09:33 PM
Also having this same issue on Project Stream. Quest marker does not show up but i am able to talk to him and answer the questions as if the quest is there. It doesn't show up on the quest list and will not let me continue the storyline.

prisoner2k
11-15-2018, 06:23 PM
Just adding my name to the list of Project Stream testers having this exact issue. Since I'm an idiot, my last manual gave save prior to waking up in the cell is 30 HOURS of play ago, so...yeah...can't even restart the Battle of Pylow to see if that fixes anything. Sure, the bug is a problem lots of people are having, but my own idiocy in not manually saving more often just pours lemon juice in the paper cut. Can't really complain too loudly b/c I'm playing for free and have really enjoyed the game up to now, though. Hope it gets resolved across platforms soon.

prisoner2k
11-15-2018, 06:24 PM
Just adding my name to the list of Project Stream testers having this exact issue. Since I'm an idiot, my last manual game save prior to waking up in the cell is 30 HOURS of play ago, so...yeah...can't even restart the Battle of Pylos to see if that fixes anything. Sure, the bug is a problem lots of people are having, but my own idiocy in not manually saving more often just pours lemon juice in the paper cut. Can't really complain too loudly b/c I'm playing for free and have really enjoyed the game up to now, though. Hope it gets resolved across platforms soon.

PS: Sorry for the double-post. I got an error the first time I submitted, so I didn't think it went through, but there it is...

UliUdo
11-15-2018, 07:14 PM
I can go to Pericles' house to activate Sophocles' quest to discredit a character and have a public debate (which if completed leaves no quests in your personal Odyssey)
I can speak with Thespis about finding the actor, but the quest is not added to the log and manually tracking him down does nothing.

I am lvl 70. I have only 2 "continue your Odyssey to unlock" cultists and the ghost cultist remaining.

I have tried a series of reloaded saves - speaking with Thespis first,
Sophocles' First,
speaking with neither and proceeding to uncover the chest clues,
proceeding to find Thespis' actor without markers,
leaving the area to complete other quests and a conquest battle before returning,
reloading to chapter checkpoint (awaking in prison)
reloading before dealing with (in both cases sparing) Myrrine's target then going to the battle in the burning forest.

None of these have had any impact on making the quest unlock properly (I can be more clear about reload chapter names but was trying to avoid spoilers)

I now work off a save prior to visiting Pericles' house and am doing a few other things in the world. I periodically revisit the quest to see if it will work and reload when it still doesn't.

prisoner2k
11-15-2018, 09:28 PM
EXCITING UPDATE!

With the rollout of 1.0.7 to Project Stream, I was able to load my post-"Battle of Pylos" save, go through "The Resistance", and at least successfully initiate both "Unearthing the Truth" AND "An Actor's Life For Me"! I don't know if the quests will complete yet (life gets in the way of playtime, darn it...), but it's the first time I've been able to start, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

o7Latreia
11-15-2018, 10:22 PM
I had left my game in a completed state (outside the missing actors life quest) and today, the quest was added to my list when I started the game.

Thank you Ubisoft employees that paid attention, did the work, and rolled out the solution!

prisoner2k
11-16-2018, 01:35 AM
Yup! Quest completed, and I got to move on with the story! w00t!!

DanielFox118
11-16-2018, 02:54 AM
On Xbox I still don't have the quest. Any suggestions?

UliUdo
11-17-2018, 04:19 AM
Issue solved with 1.07 update. Thanks!!

I can go to Pericles' house to activate Sophocles' quest to discredit a character and have a public debate (which if completed leaves no quests in your personal Odyssey)
I can speak with Thespis about finding the actor, but the quest is not added to the log and manually tracking him down does nothing.

I am lvl 70. I have only 2 "continue your Odyssey to unlock" cultists and the ghost cultist remaining.

Sophocles' First,
leaving the area to complete other quests and a conquest battle before returning,
reloading before dealing with (in both cases sparing) Myrrine's target then going to the battle in the burning forest.

None of these have had any impact on making the quest unlock properly (I can be more clear about reload chapter names but was trying to avoid spoilers)

I now work off a save prior to visiting Pericles' house and am doing a few other things in the world. I periodically revisit the quest to see if it will work and reload when it still doesn't.

UliUdo
11-17-2018, 04:21 AM
Issue solved with 1.07 update. Thanks!

Sophocles' First,

Ubi-Gumdrops
11-17-2018, 10:37 AM
Glad to hear it UliUdo!

Hopefully it's resolved for everyone else now too.

Paradoxik
11-17-2018, 09:27 PM
Still not fixed on the Xbox one.

GenesisEclipse
11-18-2018, 01:08 PM
not fixed on for me im on ps4

Raf__________
11-19-2018, 10:33 PM
Yes yes yes, fixed on project stream. Thank you so much!

kasmogerick
11-20-2018, 04:49 AM
Been stuck here for like a week now. 100hours of game time and can't continue because of this.

HarrisonW
11-20-2018, 01:32 PM
Still not fixed. Thespis is still dead. Can't continue. Thanks Ubi for making a game ending glitch that makes me want to uninstall the game. Complete and total waste of money.

Stwo1234
11-21-2018, 08:16 AM
Iím in the same situation. PC. Finished main quest. Canít find Rhexenor the Hand. Canít progress in the Cult any further because of this. 100hrs spent. Hit a wall. Can I get a refund?

Ubi-Swaggins
11-21-2018, 10:28 AM
Hey folks,

Sorry to hear some of you are still experiencing this issue.

Previously this was thought to be an issue isolated on Project Stream, are you all experiencing it on different platforms now?

Cheers,

Paradoxik
11-21-2018, 11:23 AM
I am experiencing it on Xbox one.

HarrisonW
11-24-2018, 05:13 AM
I have the Steam PC version.

SDK9_EVOLUTION
11-24-2018, 09:28 PM
I am having the same issue also on Xbox One. Cannot finish the game. When will this be fixed?

feilong217
11-30-2018, 06:14 AM
I still have this problem with my PS4 game, which has been upgraded to version 1.11. I've been waiting for weeks, and I am really disappointed to see this problem still exists.

Ubi-Bandicoot
11-30-2018, 09:49 AM
I still have this problem with my PS4 game, which has been upgraded to version 1.11. I've been waiting for weeks, and I am really disappointed to see this problem still exists.

Hey feilong,

Sorry you're still experiencing this, did anything change in your game at all? Have you sent us your save file previously?

RoadHouse1
11-30-2018, 09:52 AM
So i have the same issue cant complete this 200hrs spent going around and finishing up loose ends, and i cant finish the 2 in the Delian League Cultist I never was sent to Aikaterine, during "A Musing Tale" Main Story Quest. The fact that i had to waste time researching where the game went wrong is just wrong.. 2 major bugs now that still are not resolved.
Platform PC - Through Uplay

RoadHouse1
11-30-2018, 11:41 AM
After Digging through save games, found a save that was before this quest sequence kept doing it til finally it loaded/worked properly. So much for all the areas i cleared, have to do them again.

Ubi-Bandicoot
11-30-2018, 04:09 PM
After Digging through save games, found a save that was before this quest sequence kept doing it til finally it loaded/worked properly. So much for all the areas i cleared, have to do them again.

Apologies for this, i'm very sorry about the lost progress.

What was the mission you reloaded into out of interest?

xXTEXASGIRLXx
12-13-2018, 12:25 AM
Apologies for this, i'm very sorry about the lost progress.

What was the mission you reloaded into out of interest?

Iím on the PS4 and I have 60+ hours. I finished the prison break, and Sokrates came in and talked to me, but after they leave, thereís no new quest. I play this game to help with anxiety and Iím devastated that itís bugged. Do you have any idea when they will update it for the PS4?

agogu
12-17-2018, 03:14 PM
Hello everyone! Same problem here: PS4 and" " I finished the prison break, and Sokrates came in and talked to me, but after they leave, thereís no new quest." :(:(:(

KatsuLord
12-21-2018, 04:47 PM
I have the same issue, but i thgouth it was intentional and i jsut need to play another quest and etc, but when i completed everything i couldi realized it was glitched, so my saves are not even close for restarting the mission, so im stck with the progress

UbiSailorScout
12-21-2018, 11:37 PM
This issue has been reported to the ACOD team. For players on PC and PS4, can you submit your save files on a ticket (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000039882) for investigation? Once you've done that, please update this thread with your ticket numbers. Thanks!

vDistinguished
12-22-2018, 03:37 AM
This issue has been reported to the ACOD team. For players on PC and PS4, can you submit your save files on a ticket (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000039882) for investigation? Once you've done that, please update this thread with your ticket numbers. Thanks!

Itís happening on XBOX also. Bought the ultimate edition and I have over 60 hours of gameplay. Extremely frustrating

UbiSailorScout
12-30-2018, 12:33 AM
Thank you for the report @vDistinguished. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. The ACOD team is working to resolve this issue in a future update.

agogu
01-10-2019, 10:12 PM
Fixed here https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/342399/assassins-creed-odyssey-1-1-2-patch-notes !!!

Thank you!

UbiSailorScout
01-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Glad to hear it agogu!

scamplin
01-21-2019, 01:20 AM
Iím on Xbox one and am now at the Actors Life glitch. I canít locate Thespis and now all of my saves are gone (apart from some quick saves from the last day). I canít move on with the story. Can this be fixed??

Ubi-Swaggins
01-21-2019, 10:42 AM
Hey scamplin,

You say you cannot find Thespis, did you speak to the guard at Thespis's home?

After that happens you can find him at a nearby tavern.

scamplin
01-21-2019, 08:45 PM
I canít even locate the home. Using eagle vision and running around nothing comes up. Iíve gone through the whole area about 10 times.

Edit: I had to go back to a previous saved file (one that was still there) and redo some missions. The Actors Life mission finally loaded, but there was still no markers on the map.

Ubi-Swaggins
01-22-2019, 11:05 AM
Thanks for getting back to me scamplin.

I have chased this up and it appears it will be resolved in a future patch.

Apologies for any inconvenience.