PDA

View Full Version : Now in stores - Stamina Manager!!!!

yfkutfui
10-20-2018, 11:22 PM
the new game from UBIsoft, do you like greyed out screens? lots of panting and the sounds of heavy breathing? do like having the endurance of an 80 year who's smoked 60 a day for 75 of those 80 and who falls over all the time? if yes then For Honor might just be the game you're looking for,

If you thought FH was a fast paced fighting simulator staging an imaginary "What if" of some of History's most famous warriors then rest assured it isn't, it was but isn't any more, oh yes that's right, this is now the home of the world first stamina management simulator, what fun? did you throw a light out? oh dear your out of stamina? tsk tsk you wreckless child?

yes that's right the defensive meta is back with avengence, where everyone now turtles up and plays for parries as to take a chance and attack has but one outcome, thats right your OOS again!

where we get to listen to boring Duel players endlessly going on about how skilled they are and how the rest of us are all chumps as the engage in their incredibly boring staring contests, what was once fun is now a slow boring tedious slog, welcome to Marching Fire!

DefiledDragon
10-21-2018, 12:09 AM
It's not that bad, come on. I played Raider in Breach today and he was still a beast. I don't even remember running out of stamina except when I was desperately thrashing away at minions to try and get rid of the little bastards before a proper player showed up.

MarshalMoriarty
10-21-2018, 12:25 AM
Whilst I agree that OP is exaggerating, Raider is probably not a great example DD. He has a stamina Feat and extremely powerful attacks (i.e you don't need to throw many attacks to get the job done and he tackles regularly to earn breathing space too). Stam management is a real chore for some characters now though. Shug and LB can barely attack at all now with their slow, easily blocked attacks and LB's pitiful damage meaning killing anyone takes ages of cherry tapping and stopping to regen stamina.

Due to Stamina Feats on vsrious characters, assassins using low stam cost lights etc, its only really a big issue for the heavier characters. But it is a real chore for them and Jian Jun just rubs your face in it with that Stam Regen stance. He's the Shaman of Heavies with all his abilities anyway, but at a time of great concern regarding stamina for the big guys and Nobushi etc this guy is pretty obnoxious.

DefiledDragon
10-21-2018, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I don't like the stamina regen stance at all, it breaks core mechanics of the game and gives him easy access to constant pressure. I don't like Nuxia's traps for a similar reason. I wonder where the game is headed in all honesty. What will they come up with next to break the "defensive meta"? Will we end up with infinite stamina and no ability to block?

Played Shug in Breach but haven't tried LB yet. Didn't find it too bad, but then I'm a fairly patient fighter and I don't tend to spam attacks and I'm not one to constantly feint attacks as most people seem to. I'll try LB and see how it is as I know my stamina limits with him much better than shug who can't throw more than two attacks in succession anyway, or at least I did know them with the old gear system at any rate so I'll see how it goes.

Possii002
10-21-2018, 01:15 AM
I was just playing my noboshi and after 3 light attacks i was out of stamina. and 2 dodges put me out of stamina. What is the point to even dodge and roll if you are always out of stamina to attack. Right now they broke the game and they will be spending months addressing the changes made now. We are going to see a exit of many players over the changes. You dont change core changes that players have been building and learning to play for the better part of a year. I would rather get upset playing an OP player and dieing then spending 5 mins dodging and rolling away to regain my stamina to get an attack or two in.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-21-2018, 02:34 AM
It's not that bad, come on. I played Raider in Breach today and he was still a beast. I don't even remember running out of stamina except when I was desperately thrashing away at minions to try and get rid of the little bastards before a proper player showed up.

Yeah, Raider is not good example. I also play him and with his stamina feat, plus stamina perk (up to 12% reduction) he is at the very good spot compared to many others. I do one impale charge plus heavy and I am oos with LB while Raider gives me much more and seems to be better even damage wise.

chukblok
10-21-2018, 02:49 AM
I laughed....
even thought exagerating

yfkutfui
10-22-2018, 05:56 AM
I was just playing my noboshi and after 3 light attacks i was out of stamina. and 2 dodges put me out of stamina. What is the point to even dodge and roll if you are always out of stamina to attack. Right now they broke the game and they will be spending months addressing the changes made now. We are going to see a exit of many players over the changes. You dont change core changes that players have been building and learning to play for the better part of a year. I would rather get upset playing an OP player and dieing then spending 5 mins dodging and rolling away to regain my stamina to get an attack or two in.

thank-you, you put that perfectly, i will never trust UBI again, i will NEVER EVER spend one damn cent on or in an UBI game ever gain after this slight of hand that they just pulled, they have ruined my character, ruined this game.

Erhanninja
10-22-2018, 08:14 PM
I agree. Playing as Nobushi without gear stats is absolute struggle. I throw 2-3 heavies Iím OOS. I canít even kill if I land all the attacks. Then it takes forever to recover. Literally everybody else in the game has better stamina management than NoBu and recovery.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-22-2018, 08:15 PM
You guys played with a crutch for so long that now that its gone you want to cry. Manage your stamina, imagine that. Not having unlimited stamina, and having to put in thought and effort into how you maintain what you have. Imagine that.

Now excuse me while I play a very teeny, tiny, miniscule violin.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-22-2018, 09:25 PM
You guys played with a crutch for so long that now that its gone you want to cry. Manage your stamina, imagine that. Not having unlimited stamina, and having to put in thought and effort into how you maintain what you have. Imagine that.

Take your bs somewhere else please. Stamina had to be managed anyway and 15-20% faster regen meant only that heavy heroes stand a chance little bit better. Now, all profit from removal of gear stats went directly to assasins or those heroes with stamina feat. Very balanced indeed.

yfkutfui
10-22-2018, 10:26 PM

its not about unlimited stamina its about being able to do something more than throw 1 or 2 hits without going OOS, but OK lets all become duelists and do nothing but stare at each other across the map, for a game that's has had huge problems with the so called defensive meta it seems an odd move from UBI to make going on the attack a suicidal move, but cest la vie, ill do the same thing from now on? you don't have to worry about going OOS if you never throw any attacks right? I'll just sit tight, be the Turtle and do sweet FA and wait for the parry, and when everyone adjusts to the new meta what fun we will all have.

see what you see as "skilled play", i.e doing sweet FA the rest of us call boring and tedious, world smallest drum ta da da da ting

Saratoya29
10-22-2018, 10:59 PM
its not about unlimited stamina its about being able to do something more than throw 1 or 2 hits without going OOS, but OK lets all become duelists and do nothing but stare at each other across the map, for a game that's has had huge problems with the so called defensive meta it seems an odd move from UBI to make going on the attack a suicidal move, but cest la vie, ill do the same thing from now on? you don't have to worry about going OOS if you never throw any attacks right? I'll just sit tight, be the Turtle and do sweet FA and wait for the parry, and when everyone adjusts to the new meta what fun we will all have.

see what you see as "skilled play", i.e doing sweet FA the rest of us call boring and tedious, world smallest drum ta da da da ting

The only way to get oos after 2 heavys is if you get parried both time. Easy fix, do not spam your attacks, plan them and use feint.

guest-Nez6tBu0
10-22-2018, 11:16 PM
The only way to get oos after 2 heavys is if you get parried both time. Easy fix, do not spam your attacks, plan them and use feint.

feints cost Stamina, just saying

Saratoya29
10-22-2018, 11:27 PM
feints cost Stamina, just saying

And still less stamina than if you get parried.

yfkutfui
10-22-2018, 11:46 PM
And still less stamina than if you get parried.

you are right, but why take a chance?, why even feint?, doing nothing costs no stamina at all, its the safe and "skillful" option

re-born from the turmoil of Marching Fire i shall become Turtle McTurtling of Clan Turtle, Turtle Town USA.

reach me at TMcTTTUSA@gmail.com or visit and find out more about clan Turtle at #IMAFULLONTURTLE.com

Helnekromancer
10-22-2018, 11:52 PM
If you want to be able to use HS you can only feint 2 times, because you also have to factor in the kick and the light after. With HS freezing your health bar for so long and gear stats being removed, you have to fight in small concentrated bursts while the Chinese are soft feinting numerous attacks in your face, Especially JJ, he just dumps his entire stamina bar and back pedals, mashing his stance which also shortens the recovery on his attacks, and regaining his stamina back before you could even punish.

It also doesn't help that he has feats and perks that raises his max health pool. killing this guy takes ages, and I thought fighting a Shugoki was a chore, at least I can run from Shugoki, this old man can chase my Nobushi down, and has a running heavy that tracks. Luckily I have her to rep 60 and the new gear so there's no reason to play her anymore but she was my favorite hero, and right now all I'm fighting is Chinese. I've played all of them, they are very fun I really like playing Nuxia and using the trap the zone one animation is very good but teammates keep interupting my attacks with their puny lights, but it's gotten to a point in which whomever is using the old heroes is going to lose and that feels awful. I didn't understand the Title screen with Vikings, Samurai, and Knights fighting the Chinese until I realized it's the old hero mains against the new generation and trying not to give up on their mains in frustration.

Blindjackel03
10-22-2018, 11:53 PM
Let me guess you run out of stamina and are loosing more than before. Let assure you that it is you and your skill set or lack of skill that u thought u had. Because the player that killed you is doing just fine and I bet he overwhelmed you. And you dont overwhelmed y playin turtle

Saratoya29
10-22-2018, 11:53 PM
you are right, but why take a chance?, why even feint?, doing nothing costs no stamina at all, its the safe and "skillful" option

re-born from the turmoil of Marching Fire i shall become Turtle McTurtling of Clan Turtle, Turtle Town USA.

reach me at TMcTTTUSA@gmail.com or visit and find out more about clan Turtle at #IMAFULLONTURTLE.com

Well, do what you want, I'll continue to feint/soft feint etc.. and kill ppl without issue.

yfkutfui
10-22-2018, 11:57 PM
Well, do what you want, I'll continue to feint/soft feint etc.. and kill ppl without issue.

oh why thank-you for your permission?

MarshalMoriarty
10-22-2018, 11:59 PM
I don't think they're all OP. The Nuxia and Tiandi don't seem that threatening and I'm pwning them most of the time. Shaolin is a bit of a pest and that teleport kick is extremely frustrating.

But Jian Jun... What on earth were they thinking when they made this crazy character? He steals from and surpasses so many different characters and rolls it up into 1 outrageous package.

k3rr3k
10-23-2018, 05:09 AM
Let me guess you run out of stamina and are loosing more than before. Let assure you that it is you and your skill set or lack of skill that u thought u had. Because the player that killed you is doing just fine and I bet he overwhelmed you. And you dont overwhelmed y playin turtle

You guessed wrong. They turtle until their team shows up and then you get gang banged. Since you no longer have any stats your Revenge is garbage too. Technically this makes it more team based but the mongoloid mouth breathers that queue up solo don't play for the team.