PDA

View Full Version : Dashes around a perk

mann61299
10-20-2018, 10:12 PM
What do the dashes around the circle of a perk mean? (Some of my gear has none, one, two, three, four, or five...even when looking at gear fully upgraded). Does this add something to the perk I'm not aware of?

DefiledDragon
10-20-2018, 10:43 PM
What do the dashes around the circle of a perk mean? (Some of my gear has none, one, two, three, four, or five...even when looking at gear fully upgraded). Does this add something to the perk I'm not aware of?

Yeah, the dashes indicate the strength of the contribution to that particular perk for that particular piece of gear. So if it's got 3 dashes already, you can upgrade it a further two (three?) and thus increase the progress to unlocking that particular perk.

RealJayDee1984
10-20-2018, 10:46 PM
Aaah, good to know. ^^'

mann61299
10-20-2018, 11:52 PM
Yeah, the dashes indicate the strength of the contribution to that particular perk for that particular piece of gear. So if it's got 3 dashes already, you can upgrade it a further two (three?) and thus increase the progress to unlocking that particular perk.

I'm still not understanding. I have some gear with the same contribution but different dashes...anyone have a link to a video explaining these dashes?

DefiledDragon
10-21-2018, 12:03 AM
I'm still not understanding. I have some gear with the same contribution but different dashes...anyone have a link to a video explaining these dashes?

I've not seen one, but from my experience it indicates how many upgrades in that perk tree are available on that piece of gear, so if you have 3 blank spots you can upgrade that perk another 3 times.

mann61299
10-21-2018, 12:52 AM
I've not seen one, but from my experience it indicates how many upgrades in that perk tree are available on that piece of gear, so if you have 3 blank spots you can upgrade that perk another 3 times.

I have some fully upgraded gear with exact same perks in both slots, but one has 2 dashes on top perk while the other has 4 dashes. Total dashes equals 5 between top and bottom perks.

mann61299
10-21-2018, 01:23 AM

I have some fully upgraded gear with exact same perks in both slots, but one has 2 dashes on top perk while the other has 4 dashes. Total dashes equals 5 between top and bottom perks.

DefiledDragon
10-21-2018, 01:23 AM

Maybe there's a hard limit then. I'm not sure because I haven't played around with it much because I don't like pretty much any of the perks, save for the stamina one.