PDA

View Full Version : The Shaolin.

DevGood
10-20-2018, 08:34 PM
When MF dropped the Shaolin had a solid block and not the assassin style block. Not even a hour after MF was available to play they changed it to the assassin block. I personally feel as if they made a mistake and need to revert it back to normal. Without the block he's very squishy and his attacks don't do much damage so it just doesn't seem like a fair balance with offense and defense. I love the Shaolin but feel like he needs to be tweaked just a little. Either more damage for his attacks or a solid block.

MrB3NX
10-20-2018, 08:46 PM
i didn't knew this

have they not talked about it ?

DefiledDragon
10-20-2018, 08:47 PM
Eh? He's always had a reflex guard hasn't he? I'm sure in the open test he had a reflex guard?

DevGood
10-20-2018, 08:50 PM
Nope. He's always had a solid guard. He still good but way to squishy now.

DefiledDragon
10-20-2018, 09:23 PM

Really? Damn, I need to pay more attention when I'm fighting haha.

Vakris_One
10-20-2018, 09:50 PM
Nope, he's always had an assassin's guard decay ever since the devs showcased his moveset for the very first time. He had an assassin guard in the closed and open betas as well.

DefiledDragon
10-20-2018, 09:52 PM
Nope, he's always had an assassin's guard decay ever since the devs showcased his moveset for the very first time. He had an assassin guard in the closed and open betas as well.

Thank God. I thought I was going insane.

Vakris_One
10-20-2018, 09:53 PM
Really? Damn, I need to pay more attention when I'm fighting haha.
If want to fact check it just watch the Warrior's Den where they unveiled his moveset in or one of the Youtubers who got first crack at him in July like Havoc, Spliced or Zero Craic.

Illyrian_King
10-20-2018, 10:05 PM
Indeed he always had reflex guard.

There are still plenty of video from the Closed Breach Test during Season 6. Just go on youtube.

UbiInsulin
10-20-2018, 11:35 PM
Definitely has had reflex guard since the closed test. I remember because players reported that there were some issues with it. :)

MuscleTech12018
10-20-2018, 11:39 PM
Can't believe I'm seeing players complaning about shaolin, The only class without a flaw in this game :)) hahaha

Kargish1
10-21-2018, 12:13 AM
Shaolin has practically every tool in the game.

If anything I wanna see a nerf to his kit.

Take away his undodgeable side heavies from Qi stance and make them dodgeable.

DefiledDragon
10-21-2018, 12:23 AM
He doesn't have every tool in the game by any means. He has no unblockable from neutral, no bite/hug instaheal, no bash from neutral, he can't spam superfast lights, he doesn't have soft feints and he doesn't apply bleed.

Herbstlicht
10-21-2018, 07:14 AM
I am convinced that due to the "he can't spam" aspect, people won't find him that op. Personally, I think he is very well balanced. And when the connection plays against you, more spammy characters definitely feel advantaged, against him, like the berserker that is very hard to defend against in such games. So yes, reflex guard does make him squishy. But that's ok. If I were to rate him already, I'd say he goes A Tier. But that's just a personal opinion from someone who did not even get to prestige 3 with him.