PDA

View Full Version : I guess screw the players, right Ubi?

Oddy._.
10-20-2018, 11:17 AM
You guys at Ubisoft have let this fan base and a vast majority of this game die with this horrid expansion. "Yet again Ubi let's down their players" honestly now all you need to do is make pay to win hero loot boxes and you'll be right up there with EA as worst company. Who in the right mind has lost all creativity with hero move-sets, which of the devs thinks it's always the greatest idea to increase the speed of attacks more and more and more with every new major expansion? Honestly all this time the player base has been screaming at you to fix the game and yet you guys at Ubi decide that must mean release more and more broken additions into the game and leave the old content, the stuff everyone was wanting to keep fresh and fun, and toss it aside. Honestly Ubi, if you had any shred of imagination and creativity then you could come up with a new hero that doesn't get BS Light spam, or have some sort of stupidly fast unblockable like you rework every hero and release every hero as now. Looking back at vanilla For Honor I missed THAT game where, other than the peer to peer connection, there was an actual state of balance, not one hero could destroy you in every aspect or not be complete god material, deflect, crushing side dodge counter strike which guaranteed another free light into a palm strike overhead guaranteed light. Honestly Ubi from what I'm seeing you've created the worst expansion IMO so far with the introduction of the light spam Wu Lin. I wonder how long, if you even think it needs it, it will take for you to fix these four atrocities you call the Wu Lin. I mean so far 2 years have rolled by and you've still not fixed the matchmaking, so newcomers who want to give this game a chance get into a game with someone who's already rep 200+ and gets stomped by them, definitely leaves a sour taste in ones mouth after a **** up like that, right Ubi? Since season 3 all the way to current people have been begging you to upgrade/rework two of For Honors big daddies; Shugoki and Lawbringer... That's almost two years of planning you've had for them all tossed out the window when Roman told the major fan base two things. One: You've outright said you have no clue how to even begin fixing Shugoki. Two: Roman telling the Lawbringer fan-base to "git gud" with a majorly outdated and run-down hero. As a LB main, rep 27, it is nearly impossible to do ANYTHING in duels or even 4v4s now. This is just sad Ubi, fix the game before you ask for more money from the fan-base.

Specialkha
10-20-2018, 11:19 AM
Paragraph, won't even bother reading that wall of text.

MCC_goes_wild
10-20-2018, 11:30 AM
i did and hes totally right!!! especially the total broken matchmaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha agian 93, 48,44 equip vs 13, 8, 8 equip wow what kind of fun and close matchmaking.
behind with the gear at the beginning and being fast behind with the skills cause they lvl faster than my beginner team!!!
great job ubi u ruined the game! i just didnt start to play the match while i want to write it down here right at the moment the match starts.... so i got kicked by inactivity and guess what im glad to be kicked and doesnt get farmed by those best equiped more experienced players!
cause of what cause i play for fun and not such hopless fights where i earn for bravery **** at the and of 30min match while i got farmed and beeing brave but still lost...and ur rewards are much less than the winning team gets. so ubi u made a bot mode for the better players cause with no fun all beginner will leave such an unfair match.

FIX BROKEN MATCHMAKING or maybe u want to shut down the game completly cause all new players will run away thats for sure!!!

Oddy._.
10-20-2018, 11:48 AM
i did and hes totally right!!! especially the total broken matchmaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha agian 93, 48,44 equip vs 13, 8, 8 equip wow what kind of fun and close matchmaking.
behind with the gear at the beginning and being fast behind with the skills cause they lvl faster than my beginner team!!!

I think my point stands Ubi. In with the old, out with the new.

Real_Doll
10-20-2018, 11:49 AM
I guess screw the players, right Ubi?

that's something UBI is well known for. Shame they ****ed a game with great potential like For Honor

MCC_goes_wild
10-20-2018, 12:15 PM
at least with zero gear while trying a new charackter uve get the most useless perks. as lawbringer (isnt viable so far i played the char) uve got a heal if u managed to kill a hero well with beginner team vs more exp team im lying more in the mud then im using the perk hahaha so gives me nothing not to say im fighting outnumbered most of the time, my m8s die like flies mostly :(
this is no fun and i cant progress a charackter while having fun!

IssaKazuma
10-20-2018, 12:21 PM
Yea doing away with the defense perk that EVERYONE played with is just bad business. I repeat what I said when you guys Banned me from this last time. When your game released. FIRE YOUR UPPER MANAGEMENT because they have no Idea how gmes work. "we listened to the community" lmao "we removed all weapon stats" LOL WUT?! and gave you garbage stats that are not even worth getting..... BTW WU LIN are BROKEN. and WELCOME back Rampant Disconnects hahahahahahaha. I am going to charge back all my money.

Real_Doll
10-20-2018, 12:33 PM
I repeat what I said when you guys Banned me from this last time. When your game released. FIRE YOUR UPPER MANAGEMENT because they have no Idea how gmes work.

you got banned for that? lmao

Invisih0le
10-20-2018, 01:47 PM
The flow of the game feels different in a very bad way. I can't find myself doing anything as planned, just end up getting stormed by numbers and none of my chains ending properly. Instead of fixing the fight flow, you concentrate on removing what players use. Why not actually make chains worthwhile? What percentage of the combos are actually viable? Lawbringer ones? - parry back to oblivion Warden? - forced to spam a single combo and a surprise zone. Raider- can't be slower and one cmore- zone. List goes on and on. Between faints, GB-reliance and now gone chance of stat balance of this ridiculously limited gameplay, people can't enjoy their favourite characters because you simply don't care for any balance.

Specialkha
10-20-2018, 01:57 PM
They removed gear stats because they care about balance. Not the other way around

Sweaty_Sock
10-20-2018, 02:10 PM
They removed gear stats because they care about balance. Not the other way around

If tehy cared about balance they'd have tested the game first with play testers and not overhauled the gear system while relasing 4 new heros (they cant even balance two being released at the same time, let alone 4)

Specialkha
10-20-2018, 02:33 PM
I guess they were undermanned to do the job.

DefiledDragon
10-20-2018, 02:52 PM

But gear stats didn't apply in duels, so how does this affect balance?
If they care so much for balance and gear stats make that impossible, why introduce them in the first place?
If they want to balance the game for 1 v 1 AND 4 v 4, well good luck with that.

Gear stats or no, I predict that in a years time the roster will still be in pretty much the same state that it's in now balance wise. The difficulty in balancing the roster has nothing to do with gear stats and everything to do with a lack of experience. They just don't know how to balance the roster. It's glaringly obvious with every rework and every new mechanic they introduce.

Take Nuxia's traps for example. What's the point? They will either be useless because they're reactable and nobody with half decent reactions will fall for them, or totally OP because they're not reactable and they nullify your defence entirely. Of all the piss poor mechanics in the game (I'm looking at you bash spam and soft feints), this has got to be one of the worst.

Sweaty_Sock
10-20-2018, 02:56 PM
I guess they were undermanned to do the job.

Then dont do something so drastic... if you only have enough people to build a house build a house, don't try build a skyscraper

VolatileKnight
10-21-2018, 04:07 PM
Gear stats should have been tweaked, never removed. I'm going to stay unwavering in this stance. It's ridiculous they can just uproot their game like this and expect no backlash.

Last Warrior's Den, they looked us dead in the eye and said players wanted it. Given with how many are upset, I'm going to call bullish on that one.

CandleInTheDark
10-21-2018, 04:12 PM
But gear stats didn't apply in duels, so how does this affect balance?
If they care so much for balance and gear stats make that impossible, why introduce them in the first place?
If they want to balance the game for 1 v 1 AND 4 v 4, well good luck with that.

Which is why removing gear stats is a good thing because it gives them a state where they are trying to balance two modes that are very similar as opposed to how different it is with gear stats. It will never be easy to balance both at the same time but it will be easier when they don't have to think but anything we do to stamina or revenge will be multiplied once they get to 4v4.

Vordred
10-21-2018, 05:56 PM
honestly for honour doesn't even feel like the game I used to love.

I'd be happy to go back to season 1. with two changes, the new gear stats (so we don't have the revenge builds that plagued S1) and no free GB on a parry. I'd play that all day, sure would still have some issues, but would be a damn sight more fun than the game is now.

David_gorda
10-21-2018, 06:54 PM
honestly for honour doesn't even feel like the game I used to love.

I'd be happy to go back to season 1. with two changes, the new gear stats (so we don't have the revenge builds that plagued S1) and no free GB on a parry. I'd play that all day, sure would still have some issues, but would be a damn sight more fun than the game is now. +1

B1ack6uys
10-21-2018, 08:53 PM
Paragraph, won't even bother reading that wall of text.
Then donít bother commenting.

Buggy.Blaster
10-22-2018, 08:09 AM
the problem was when they made op characters. the heroes were fun before the reworks and never would have needed them if they didn't introduce such op new guys. old orochi, so much more fun, old valk same thing. any rework breaks the character and turns them into spam. the old awesome rework was the kensai to be honest. now the warden and conc have op bashes.. the reworks were what killed the game for me.