PDA

View Full Version : Save For Honor!!

Corentin10111
10-20-2018, 11:14 AM
Dev team listen! You don't seem to realise it but time is running out! It is a necessity for you to stop your flight forward and take another direction right now!! .
There is a reason why we are so passionate and virulent here: Every player on this forum love For Honor (or what it could have been) and you are killing it.
I'll make it very short and simple. I'm not gonna talk about servers problems or specific mechanic abuse.. Only the basic problem.

- Why do we love For Honor?
The answer is: it is a skill based game. The gameplay idea was great: it was demanding and rewarding. The ONLY thing it needed was a good balancing between the characters.

- Why you are killing it?
You failed to do this ONE necessary thing. By failing to make a balanced roster, you turned a skilled based gameplay into a contextual based gameplay. In a skill based game, a new player shouldn't be able to win a fight against an experimented player just because of the characters they picked. And things like feats, perks or gear stats (everything that takes away the skill dimention) were a bad idea to begin with.

Most of the dev teams are doing a terrific job (weapons, maps, armors..) but the fighting team is ruinning the game by itself.
It has been a two years struggle, hoping the experience to be better but we are at a breaking point. If you don't fix the very core of the game it will be dead soon. And For Honor will be remembered as a "big potential, big deception".

Specialkha
10-20-2018, 11:18 AM
That is why they removed gear stats.

Perks are negligable bonus, hence balance will be easier to achieve.

At least, I see that like that..

Ah, and they need to speed up their patching process, but maybe it was slower because the balance was made harder to do due to have double the work to do.

Lord_Cherubi
10-20-2018, 11:36 AM
In my experience a new player won't be able to win a single 1v1 JUST because of the character they picked. They might get lucky and hit a combo they didn't mean to execute but an experienced player knows the counter plays to any given hero and thus will always have the advantage, as they should.

With gear stats removed the spamming isn't even half as bad as it used to be which is great, i think they took a huge step forward with this update.

Is it enough to make the game bounce back tho? Who knows, only time will tell i guess

Real_Doll
10-20-2018, 11:47 AM
Is it enough to make the game bounce back tho? Who knows, only time will tell i guess

game won't bounce back, not from this. Don't believe me? look at all the steam reviews from the past week and steam charts. If you wanna deny that too then I don't know what to tell ya.

Devils-_-legacy
10-20-2018, 11:52 AM
game won't bounce back, not from this. Don't believe me? look at all the steam reviews from the past week and steam charts. If you wanna deny that too then I don't know what to tell ya.

I can bet for honor will thrive

Specialkha
10-20-2018, 11:56 AM
The game was free in august hence the massive afflux of players. 2 months later, the game is still bleeding players from those newcomers. Nothing more normal than that.

From what I can see from the last week, and as steam is a tiny minority of PC players of FH, we have still quite a lot of players connecting to FH.

Sweaty_Sock
10-20-2018, 02:22 PM
It'll hang around until something better replaces it (due to the unique style).

That said they are killing what could have been a very popular game, im the only person left out of about 17 friends who played at launch, most deleted, the last due to marching fire.

They should have listened to the community when they said no cliffs in duels, fix gear stats, fix revenge, balance feats, remove powerups from elimination. Balance separately for PC & Console. 12 months in they removed cliffs. Finally they looked at the gear score, TOO LATE. People have invested money, time, and effort into using the SYSTEM THEY FORCED INTO THE GAME. If they acted early, no worries, however it was part of the game at this point. Its like buying an album on i tunes and 16 months in they replace track 6 with a remix...

Corentin10111
10-23-2018, 07:14 PM
That is why they removed gear stats.
Perks are negligable bonus, hence balance will be easier to achieve.

I feel like the balancing is completly dependant from gear stats and perks. Sure revange builds or similar things wont be possible but that's it.

bannex19
10-23-2018, 08:13 PM
Most of my issues with MF are QoL. Granted I think the chinese warriors are dumb, they're at least done well. Breach is great in pve and arcade could be fun with balance and reward buffs

I primarily play pve because I'm too old to care about pvp so MF has added a lot for me to enjoy. I can see why people are mad from a pvp perspective especially if you're playing an unreworked hero.

My warlord feels like an idiot out there.

Corentin10111
10-31-2018, 09:36 AM
Wake up call!

SangLong524
11-01-2018, 12:46 AM
doomsayers, doomsayers everywhere.
they have been at it since last year. This time, with new faces.

chukblok
11-01-2018, 02:13 AM
yep..the game isnt going anywhere. They already have content planned for 2019.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-01-2018, 03:37 AM
And what if a new player picks up Lawbringer, warlord, shugoki ect? Not every new players go straight to the assasins class and starts spamming. Lawbringer especially looks very cool now and if I was new he'd be my first pick... Then I'd get stomped on...over and over by spam classes. New player may not stick around because not everyone wants to be a weeb. The first characters I picked in the beta were conquerer Lawbringer and peacekeeper.

Corentin10111
11-06-2018, 09:46 PM
Is it possible for an admin to say something please? I mean could we at least know if someone from ubisof have read it?