PDA

View Full Version : Make old heroes viable

Syn.ASUR
10-20-2018, 04:21 AM
Now Marching fire brought questionable changes, whats bad it takes away the playstyle build for characters.

This issue goes deeper then the so-called revenge builds everyone talks about. Lemme start by saying one thing, every character in for honor has his kit designed around some concept.But the removal of gear and stamina cost reduction is really hurting some heroes while giving an advantage to other heroes, such as orochi, shaolin, pk etc. Forcing people to light spam with almost every character, as using the proper kit will not result in a win.

Lemme share my exprience, even though orochi isnt hard to deal solo, but its fairly tough playing in gank situations, especially his runnign speed allows him to retreat any second he see the tides turning, It is weird that everyone says this update is good, its gonna remove players that are carried by the gear, what i do not understand is any player no matter what gear level worked for it. Some heroes need stamina cost reduction to be vialbe, such as cent, lawbro, shugoki, kensei, raider, warden. essentially any character ,whose kit revolves around anything else other than lights. As the stamina cost is too high, and every match i played players just spam lights. warden players zone, cent players heavy punch light - repeat.

Bulky character are not even viable in ganks now, every time i am in gank, 1v2.1v3,1v4 it leading to whole team spamming lights which is annoying.

Syn.ASUR
10-20-2018, 04:23 AM
Now Marching fire brought questionable changes, whats bad it takes away the playstyle build for characters.

This issue goes deeper then the so-called revenge builds everyone talks about. Lemme start by saying one thing, every character in for honor has his kit designed around some concept.But the removal of gear and stamina cost reduction is really hurting some heroes while giving an advantage to other heroes, such as orochi, shaolin, pk etc. Forcing people to light spam with almost every character, as using the proper kit will not result in a win.

Lemme share my exprience, even though orochi isnt hard to deal solo, but its fairly tough playing in gank situations, especially his runnign speed allows him to retreat any second he see the tides turning, It is weird that everyone says this update is good, its gonna remove players that are carried by the gear, what i do not understand is any player no matter what gear level worked for it. Some heroes need stamina cost reduction to be vialbe, such as cent, lawbro, shugoki, kensei, raider, warden. essentially any character ,whose kit revolves around anything else other than lights. As the stamina cost is too high, and every match i played players just spam lights. warden players zone, cent players heavy punch light - repeat.

Bulky character are not even viable in ganks now, every time i am in gank, 1v2.1v3,1v4 it leading to whole team spamming lights which is annoying.

so here is my suggestion:

make all character move cost same as other, since ubisoft wants to push this agenda, make the cost of each type of attack same accross all heroes. As i said its now about 1v1 but rather ranks

a8modeus
10-20-2018, 07:15 AM

Looks like we play 2 different games... Everyone crying here, because they can't light spam anymore(not enough stam). And this was the best solution.
PK got an advantage yes - bleed reduction was removed. And that was needed, because she in the bad spot now. Orochi got an anvantage? Did i miss something? They can't light spam 2 mins anymore.
ps. I really like the balance\stats now. No more Kensei spammers(it's even worse, than Orochi).

Illyrian_King
10-20-2018, 10:37 AM
The only thing that I really feel different with my LB is his crazy stamina consumption.

The damage and defense changes are hardly noticable, since 3dmg more or less are no difference.

Personally I never made a revenge build.

Syn.ASUR
10-20-2018, 02:26 PM
Looks like we play 2 different games... Everyone crying here, because they can't light spam anymore(not enough stam). And this was the best solution.
PK got an advantage yes - bleed reduction was removed. And that was needed, because she in the bad spot now. Orochi got an anvantage? Did i miss something? They can't light spam 2 mins anymore.
ps. I really like the balance\stats now. No more Kensei spammers(it's even worse, than Orochi).

I think you didn't read my post, i wasn't talking about 1v1s i was talking about ganks, i always get ganked, i think i am just lucky on that point. My point was the light spammers are a pain now in ganks. Plus new cost makes sure that their are lot more OOS situations, get parried two time OOS etc.

Sweaty_Sock
10-20-2018, 03:33 PM
I think you didn't read my post, i wasn't talking about 1v1s i was talking about ganks, i always get ganked, i think i am just lucky on that point. My point was the light spammers are a pain now in ganks. Plus new cost makes sure that their are lot more OOS situations, get parried two time OOS etc.
This, unblockable/light spam is now borderline unbeatable

Kargish1
10-20-2018, 03:38 PM
Making old heroes viable comes down to kit and not gear stats.

The new Wu Ling overlords are packed with just about every mechanic in the game, while Shugoki, Lawbro, Raider, Aramusha and Warlord are still sitting there with 2-4 mechanics and that's it.

Just look at Shaolin.
That guy is packed with fast attacks (400 ms), a way better stance than most heroes (Nobushi), unblockable, kicks, Valkyrie sweep, undodgeable sides along with an infinity chain.

How is poor heatbutting Warlord and shove daddy gonna compete with that? They don't have all the traits that every rework/release gets.

Syn.ASUR
10-20-2018, 04:41 PM
Making old heroes viable comes down to kit and not gear stats.

The new Wu Ling overlords are packed with just about every mechanic in the game, while Shugoki, Lawbro, Raider, Aramusha and Warlord are still sitting there with 2-4 mechanics and that's it.

Just look at Shaolin.
That guy is packed with fast attacks (400 ms), a way better stance than most heroes (Nobushi), unblockable, kicks, Valkyrie sweep, undodgeable sides along with an infinity chain.

How is poor heatbutting Warlord and shove daddy gonna compete with that? They don't have all the traits that every rework/release gets.

yup plus you see every hero is game has some sort of indicator for initiaitng an attack, meaning some kind of animation that sort of tells the other player that i am gonna attack now, what i found interesting was shaolin's lights dont have that kind of indicator, the stick from back goes to attack in such short time, its hard to predict when the attack will come.

Older heroes, in my opinion, made for a specific purpose in mind such as raider - dps, conq - tank, assassins counter attack, shaman pressure, cent-punish etc.

older heroes exelled at one thing but were worse on another. but new heroes are like jack of all trades, they can tank, counter-attack, punish, and be fast at the same time. 1v1 is skill no doubt about it but not every game mode is skill, heroes are not desgined for 1v1 even reworks but 4v4 as the foundation of reworks, putting a more empahsis on anti ganks and ganks. Now that we cannot have a choice on the perks we wanna choose, and their is no way to reduce stamina or counter ganks with revenge. Old heroes are sorta falling back IMO