PDA

View Full Version : Relationships with crew members?!

GarretDanilo
10-20-2018, 01:54 AM
Like the title said i've been thinking about this topic for some time now and i want to share with the community some possibilities like romance and other activities.

It will be interesting to have some sort of relationship system with the crew, for example if we spent some time with a character or doing mission for/with him/her we can get some perks or loot otherwise we can increase the bond with this character and unlock some abilities.

Romance in particular could be interesting and i would like to see it similar to Mass Effect but not simple like AC Odyssey.

GarretDanilo
10-20-2018, 02:14 AM
Other possibilities include constrast between crew members so we as captain of the ship are forced to calm down the situation and make some choices that can increase the bond with some characters but decrease it with others and that will have consequences.

What do you guys think?
It will be awesome if some of this ideas will be uncovered during the Space Monkey Livestream or detailed in some ways.

Galakseeowonder
10-22-2018, 03:36 PM
Good idea you can extend to the point where the relationship you're building with an NPC starts even before it becomes a crew member, and you really have to earn their trust and aline with their needs
It can be simple depending on the psychology something along the usual chaotic/neutral /loyal loyal is difficult to convince to join but will stay whatever happens once you earned their trust, chaotic easy to convince but can leave anytime he is fed-up.
And depending on their political affinities, a cop won't be easy to convince if you're the worst outlaw but if you are some kind of rightful mercenary /privateer, it would be easier, same for politicians, rich people and opposite for pirate, strikers... Anyone opposed to the government of a planet.

Sombraziel
10-23-2018, 12:30 AM
Yeah that's exactly what I dream of !

GarretDanilo
10-23-2018, 10:31 AM
This could sound like the Nemesis System from Shadow of War and it will fit very well with the rpg style of BGE 2.
I hope the developers have enough time to realize something like that.

Gguywesker101
11-11-2018, 03:57 AM
Well, if they do this, i hope the people on your ship are open minded, cause it would suck for one of them to hate you for eternity just because of something very minor you may or may not have done XD.

GarretDanilo
11-12-2018, 01:28 PM
Well, if i do this, i hope the people on your ship are open minded, cause it would suck for one of them to hate you for eternity just because of something very minor you may or may not have done XD.

Sure, the choices may have some consequences but not too radical that affect your relationships on the core.

Buttsamurai2099
12-13-2018, 03:39 PM
They should look at red dead redemption 2 that had a camp mechanic where you could help the camp buy donating money to improve it and do activities with camp members which made you really care about your crew plus you could do chores like chopping up wood and all these things would build up moral and keep everyone happy.