PDA

View Full Version : Perfect idea to fix Lawdaddy.

Thel..
10-19-2018, 11:42 AM
Give him the Jiang Juns moveset.

There, he's not awful anymore in the current meta. :)

Illyrian_King
10-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Hahahaha now serious:

*Bring the speed of the last light in his LHL chain on par with the second chain lights

*Keep his Block Shove but without follow up (just to interrupt chains and allow him to take initiative)

*Make his neutral shove faster with follow up

*Give his heavies hyperarmour

*Give him a parry counter that negates a parry by pressing guardbreak in the right moment ONLY on his slow heavies with 10dmg (like hooking the weapon with his blade and poke with the sting - new animation)
!!! OR !!!
A stamina punish of 20 and chaining into a light/guard break follow up like from shove

Note: This is essential to allow him actually using his neutral attacks, and people would more likely block, dodge or deflect. His lights would still be parriable and have no hyperamour.

*Increase his HP from 150 to 160 on par with Shugoki (he wears armour for 3 guys and body fat covered in leather or wood is not stronger then pure muscle covered in plate armour ... please at least some immersivness)

*Increase heavy damage from 30 to 40dmg top and from 25 to 30dmg side (he is slower then many and also his damage is lower then many heavies)

*Leave him with his little stamina, too make him strong but not spammy.

This way we would avoid more light spam, unblockable spam, CC spam and have a slow heavy hero with limited stamina due to his weight and an interesting playstyle that actually includes profiting from chip damage. It would really be different from the other Heroes and I repeat ... not spammy.

Roseguard_Cpt
10-19-2018, 02:42 PM
I have to disagree with the "Parry Counter" option. If you get parried you deserve to be punished. No LB would throw a light because the heavy would be too safe. He'd be the new Conq but even safer. You shouldn't punish a player for using a core game mechanic. The other ideas seem alright though.

Blitzwarrior771
10-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Jj is op 😂

Illyrian_King
10-19-2018, 02:54 PM
I have to disagree with the "Parry Counter" option. If you get parried you deserve to be punished. No LB would throw a light because the heavy would be too safe. He'd be the new Conq but even safer. You shouldn't punish a player for using a core game mechanic. The other ideas seem alright though.

Not really ... parry the light and it's indeed deserved. But a LB heavy parry is no trophy at all. Also you could not just throw heavies in my system, because there is no HHH chain in his kit.

There is a phase of higher vulnerability and and one of lower vulnerability. You still block, dodge or deflect. You still interrupt the light.

The other ideas without the parry punish are not enough and also include nerfs. Every new Hero or reworked Hero is by far OP, and that the new trend.

Nuxia "punishes a core mechanic" of the game by negating a thing that is by far more simple then a parry ... a block.

If Ubi doesn't implement a parry punish, then they will do it like with the rest of the reworked cast. Light spam, unblockable spam and maybe a 500ms Shove with soft feint into Long Arm.
Not very creative if you ask me ...

Roseguard_Cpt
10-19-2018, 03:01 PM
For Nuxia you can just click emote, for a parry counter you can't. And with your idea there is an option for heavy spam. While yes there is no HHH combo, what I fear is:
H-Get Parried-Parry Counter-wait for stamina-repeat

Illyrian_King
10-19-2018, 04:16 PM
For Nuxia you can just click emote, for a parry counter you can't. And with your idea there is an option for heavy spam. While yes there is no HHH combo, what I fear is:
H-Get Parried-Parry Counter-wait for stamina-repeat

Doesn't change the fact that Nuxia still can punish a simple block even in ganks and countinue her chain on miss.

I understand your point but (H --> parry punish --> repeat) wouldn't work because:

Simply don't parry. Eat the 18% block damage (6-7damage) or dodge(attack) or deflect or wait for his light. Even if you just block the light, you still interrupt his chain and can counter attack.

Meanwhile every hero (except LB, Shrek, Cent, Musha and Raider) have at very least decent attacking potential.

I proposed having his Block Shove without follow up just to avoid that LB gets overwhelmed by preventive strikes. Bashes can't be Block Shoved either way.