PDA

View Full Version : Ok, either I'm going insane or reflex guard is busted.

DefiledDragon
10-19-2018, 01:55 AM
Is it just me or are attacks going right through my block? I'm a pretty damn good turtle when I want to be and I know how to defend but I'm getting hit by attacks that I know I shouldn't be getting hit by. Is anybody else experiencing this on reflex guard heroes? I'm using Shaolin, for the record. It's driving me bananas.

Blitzwarrior771
10-19-2018, 02:37 PM
New hero’s poor Armor I guess

Roseguard_Cpt
10-19-2018, 02:45 PM
I've been having this issue for awhile, even with Static Guard heroes. I mostly blame ping, but maybe we missed a hidden patch note somewhere...
In order to help kill the turtle meta completely, no one is allowed to block. Ever. Again.

wethebishop
10-19-2018, 05:23 PM
For me, it just depends on the amount of lag. In 1v1, I can consistently parry orochi light attacks, but in breach, usually they come out too fast.

But you say it's for the reflex guard heroes. It could be that the guard is fading away right before getting hit. I don't know.

DefiledDragon
10-19-2018, 05:55 PM
For me, it just depends on the amount of lag. In 1v1, I can consistently parry orochi light attacks, but in breach, usually they come out too fast.

But you say it's for the reflex guard heroes. It could be that the guard is fading away right before getting hit. I don't know.

I'm chalking it up to lag, because it doesn't happen all the time and it does seem to happen in 4 v 4's mostly. They really need to work on the network implementation for this game. You can't build a game around precise timing and then provide an infrastructure that crumbles the minute there are more than 2 players involved. It makes the game not worth playing.

Knight_Raime
10-19-2018, 08:57 PM
Every now and then this complaint comes up. People who are well versed with doing frame data on the game have not found a bug with reflex guard ever sense they made under the hood changes to it awhile back. So either it's a connection thing or your timing is off.