PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't the cauldron kill friendly minions?

PepsiBeastin
10-18-2018, 11:06 PM
I mean seriously, that thing should kill everything and everyone standing under it.

DefiledDragon
10-18-2018, 11:08 PM
I agree. I also think feats, like catapult, should do equal damage to friend and foe alike, or do the Knights issue asbestos underpants to all their team members before the fight?

Dr-Rockzo
10-19-2018, 02:33 PM
If this game was realistic, we wouldn't have teleporting chinese flying kicks.

ooweda2blu
10-19-2018, 03:39 PM
If this game was realistic, we wouldn't have teleporting chinese flying kicks.
We're not talking on realistic gameplay ;)

At least I think that should be a good idea, but defenders should have something else that attack the battering ram, or more simple, an higher (just a bit) atk by cauldron.

DefiledDragon
10-19-2018, 03:51 PM
We're not talking on realistic gameplay ;)

At least I think that should be a good idea, but defenders should have something else that attack the battering ram, or more simple, an higher (just a bit) atk by cauldron.

The ballista damages the ram too. Only a tiny bit, but you'll see it's health bar flash red and a teeny sliver of health come off if you shoot it. Shoot it long enough and you can take quite a bit of health off it.

ooweda2blu
10-19-2018, 07:10 PM
The ballista damages the ram too. Only a tiny bit, but you'll see it's health bar flash red and a teeny sliver of health come off if you shoot it. Shoot it long enough and you can take quite a bit of health off it.

Thanks for the info! I hadn't tested it yet.

Yeah, is good, but I would change it for a bit increase of cauldron damage. At the same time I think it could be too powerful, so I don't know XD

Klingentaenz3r
10-19-2018, 08:31 PM
well... the cauldron is maybe friendly towards its team but the ram isn't :( rolled over me today that son of a gun... >.>

and yeah I would prefer the game to be a bit more realistic. Some more friendly fire dmg esp with those AOE feats and if could choose to I wouldn't want faith boy to teleport around either ..

for the concrete dmg value of the ballista on the ram you need to look into the FAQ or former patch notes I think. It is really not too much (60 or so on a what 5000 HP ram?)

ooweda2blu
10-19-2018, 08:41 PM
It is really not too much (60 or so on a what 5000 HP ram?)

Sure, but at least you can do something to help minions and cauldron. 240 hit points aren't so difficult to do, and they could help ;)

Klingentaenz3r
10-19-2018, 10:18 PM
Yeah :) agreed

UbiInsulin
10-20-2018, 01:37 AM
I can pass the suggestion on. :) Is realism the main reason for this change? Or is it more about balance?

DefiledDragon
10-20-2018, 02:02 AM
well... the cauldron is maybe friendly towards its team but the ram isn't :( rolled over me today that son of a gun... >.>

and yeah I would prefer the game to be a bit more realistic. Some more friendly fire dmg esp with those AOE feats and if could choose to I wouldn't want faith boy to teleport around either ..

for the concrete dmg value of the ballista on the ram you need to look into the FAQ or former patch notes I think. It is really not too much (60 or so on a what 5000 HP ram?)

If you can man the ballista unmolested (which is hard), you can take quite a good chunk of health off it. The ram is in the ballista's field of fire for a good while.

Klingentaenz3r
10-22-2018, 08:10 AM
I can pass the suggestion on. :) Is realism the main reason for this change? Or is it more about balance?

No it also about balance of course. Shaolin is already pretty fast on his feet and teleporting across the map or behind opponents is just a notch too much. Other heroes don't have similar options.

Friendly fire is of course also always about balance. Firing a mighty level4 feat an happily stand in its radius with no need to worry about the team mates is quite unfair towards the enemy team who take full damage

Lord_Cherubi
10-22-2018, 09:43 AM
No it also about balance of course. Shaolin is already pretty fast on his feet and teleporting across the map or behind opponents is just a notch too much. Other heroes don't have similar options.

Friendly fire is of course also always about balance. Firing a mighty level4 feat an happily stand in its radius with no need to worry about the team mates is quite unfair towards the enemy team who take full damage

To me the only solution to overpowered feats is to rework them just like they did now with the Catapult for example. Now that it's MUCH slower there's enough time to react and it doesn't feel so cheap anymore. Still neing one of the strongest feat pick for the Knights.

Increasing friendly fire won't cause anything but trouble and dead friendlies as im afraid that the players won't give a flying **** about damaging their team if they still get the kills :/

Klingentaenz3r
10-22-2018, 12:36 PM
If they lose the game due that they eventually will I'd say.