PDA

View Full Version : [PC] So when are PC issues going to be addressed?

Palpatine_66
10-18-2018, 06:05 PM
So far consoles have received far more support than PC owners. Most people are having performance problems such as low res textures and low framerates. On top of that most people have computers than can run other more graphically demanding games. It would be nice to have some kind of update on the situation.

Zocker13095
10-18-2018, 06:31 PM
Console patches that affect performance are easier to make because you have a fixed System on PC however you have hundreds of different possible combinations of graphics cards, processors, memory etc etc...
Consoles only got tine Patches that fixed crashes and slightly improved performance, the big "real" Patches that fix Bugs. PC Performance Problems etc could release within 7 days from now (judging by the release cycle of patches post launch).

Kalpesh78
10-19-2018, 09:09 AM
The game seems to be more unstable after 1.0.3 on PC. I played for 10 hours straight for almost a week when it was on 1.0.2.
After updating to 1.0.3, the game freezes after 20-30 minutes of gameplay. It starts out fine and the frame rates keep dropping gradually after 15 minutes and totally freezes at 25-30 minutes of gameplay. It's not even a problem with the NPCs, because I played at night time when there are too few NPCs. I don't know whats wrong with the new patch but its frustrating to keep hard booting the machine every 30 minutes because I can't even seem to Alt+Tab out of the game or start the task manager with Alt+Ctrl+Del. Machine totally freezes. Origins runs smoothly, but Odyssey does not. I even lowered the game settings so I have a 300-400 MB VRAM free out of the 3GB VRAM that I have on my GTX 780 FTW Edition. All drivers are up to date, GPU and windows drivers.

I hope they fix it soon. Waiting for patches is frustrating, especially when you get early access by paying a lot more for the Ultimate Edition. Definitely not buying the Gold or the Ultimate edition next time. It's like we're the game testers.

My Config.
CPU: i7 2600k
MB: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO/GEN3
RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB)
GPU: EVGA GTX780 FTW (3GB)
SSD: Samsung EVO 850 1 TB
PSU: Corsair HX1050